• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironcreed

Banned
We are about to arrive, ladies and gents.

bm2Fu4H.gif

Bytes

I agree, I don't think I choose the other choice in either of my 4 plays.

I always looked at it that he was doing no different than Geralt really; Working for a King.

But as Geralt himself said,
he's not an assassin for hire. I still let Letho live, though, just to see how that affects the next game.

Denton

Oh god that EG.net review:

Made by a rogue operator with independent funding (the studio's parent company owns the distribution platform GOG.com), it pays little heed to the franchise-building fads of Hollywood or the focus-tested game design methodologies of Montreal, instead drinking deep draughts from Central European folklore and the narrative traditions of Western role-playing. It exists because a group of people in Warsaw knew exactly the kind of game they wanted to play, and made it themselves because no-one else would. It is that rare thing in contemporary video games: an epic with a soul.

So. Fucking. Good.
That dig at Ubi. Glorious. This is exactly the review I was imagining reading in my head on EG.

eshwaaz

Just got a shipping notification from Amazon, citing guaranteed delivery by... Thursday?! When I ordered over a month ago, it said Tuesday. Did this happen to anyone else?

Lakitu

st5fu
My PS4 picked a great day to fuck up.

Re-occurring issue just occurred, screen goes black, weird buzzing sound coming from TV and PS4 turns off by itself. Happens every 5-20 minutes of playing Witcher 3. FML.

erawsd

since Giantbomb is more than just Jeff Gertsmann...

Brad Shoemaker ‏@bradshoemaker 7m7 minutes ago
If there was any feasible way I could have taken today off and just sat at home playing The Witcher nonstop, I would've. That game's got me.

Well that confirms Witcher 3 for Giantbomb GOTY. Brad always gets his way

ACE 1991

Got damn I'm so pumped for tonight. Hope I can manage to resist being super nitpicky about graphics settings on PC and actually play the damn game.

pahamrick

But as Geralt himself said,
he's not an assassin for hire. I still let Letho live, though, just to see how that affects the next game.

True,
but I couldn't bring myself to kill him after hearing why he was doing it. Made me question what other Witcher wouldn't have done it, given the circumstances.

NeoGiff

Just got a shipping notification from Amazon, citing guaranteed delivery by... Thursday?! When I ordered over a month ago, it said Tuesday. Did this happen to anyone else?

Mine was slated to be delivered on Saturday to arrive on Tuesday, but it was only shipped at 4 am this morning and won't arrive until Wednesday. I'm just going to buy one in a store tomorrow and return the Amazon one. I'm still sceptical after that bullshit with the Bloodborne guide.

sflufan

Banned
True,
but I couldn't bring myself to kill him after hearing why he was doing it. Made me question what other Witcher wouldn't have done it, given the circumstances.

Exactly!

After hearing his reasoning, I found myself 100% agreeing with his motivations. Fuck the Northern kings. Seriously, fuck 'em!

OCD Guy

Got damn I'm so pumped for tonight. Hope I can manage to resist being super nitpicky about graphics settings on PC and actually play the damn game.

That's one of my downfalls when I game on the pc. I end up spending more time playing with settings than actually playing the games lol

ironcreed

Banned
Oh god that EG.net review:

So. Fucking. Good.
That dig at Ubi. Glorious. This is exactly the review I was imagining reading in my head on EG.

The only thing that I am afraid of is this game spoiling the hell out me. But I will most certainly let it and I hope it does.

cripterion

What up GAF, my garden is ready, my beer is ready and you can bet the body is ready. Let's do this!

I participated a lot in the downgrade thread but still hyped as fuck cause I cannot wait to see the cause and consequences, and going open world in the Witcher world is money to me.

Cheers!

FkHTvJE.jpg

Honestly I don't see how anything could rival Bloodborne for my 2015 GOTY but I don't mind giving TW3 a fair shot at it! I'm in for the PS4 version tomorrow, it'll be my first TW game.

The only thing that I am afraid of is this game spoiling the hell out me. But I will most certainly let it and I hope it does.

I fully expect to feel a similar if not more pronounced emptiness towards other games like I did with TLOU after completing this. Bring it on I say, we need something with a pulse in this industry.

What up GAF, my garden is ready, my beer is ready and you can bet the body is ready. Let's do this!

I participated a lot in the downgrade thread but still hyped as fuck cause I cannot wait to see the cause and consequences, and going open world in the Witcher world is money to me.

Cheers!

FkHTvJE.jpg

You're drinking the wrong beer.

B7WRl39CYAAK7jN.jpg:large

Denton

It is true. I honestly doubt that we will see a better game until Cyberpunk 2077.
But I am sure Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex 4 will be also plenty good.

Ibuki

Banned
I really want to order the CE if it comes back up... But I already have the game fully payed off. The hype is getting to me.

Katyusha

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if the NVIDIA redemption site is having issues, or did I just get burned buying a code off of ebay?

The seller insists that the code hasn't been redeemed, so I'm not sure what to think.

viveks86

Looks like PS4 had a day 1 patch release today. So we were right in assuming that the previous one was a day 0 patch. I really hope PC gets one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom