• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, three hours left and I'm a bit sleepy. What I have to do to pass time and don't fall to sleep? I don't want to play games now, because I will get tired and most probably sleep before playing the Witcher.

Wow, I totally forgot just how absolute shit PS4 download speeds are. I guess I should have preordered earlier, but on the other hand, if I can get 50 megs a second on steam, I should get more than sub 1 meg a second on the PS4. Disgusting how Sony has done nothing about this.

Yeah I just started my Xbone download and may take a while... I should've done this over the weekend.

I've picked Triss without fail in the first two games. Nothing compared.

But....but......Yennefer the raven haired beauty is pure sex.

The wait...the wait....it's horrid.

You like Triss. You like Yennefer. Yennefer and Triss like eachother.

I see a potential solution.

Wow, I totally forgot just how absolute shit PS4 download speeds are. I guess I should have preordered earlier, but on the other hand, if I can get 50 megs a second on steam, I should get more than sub 1 meg a second on the PS4. Disgusting how Sony has done nothing about this.
It's amazing that I can sit on an actual gig connection here (1gb up/down) and get literally only 500kb-1.5mb on my PS4. Astounding really.

Braag

But as Geralt himself said,
he's not an assassin for hire. I still let Letho live, though, just to see how that affects the next game.

I've finished Witcher 2 several times and each time
I let Letho live. He spared Geralt at the ruined elven baths even though he had the upper hand.
He took care of Yennefer when Geralt had disappeared.
In CH2 when reliving Auckes' memories, Auckes tells Letho in a surprised manner that he thought Geralt hanged once they thought he killed Foltest and Letho was clearly disappointed in Auckes for wanting something like that to happen to Geralt, thus Letho asks him "you want him hanged?" and Auckes answers in shame "no."
In the end he did what the emperor had asked him to do in return of school of viper to be restored, so he clearly cares for his fellow Witchers. And as he told Geralt in the end "I'm not your enemy".
I just couldn't ever bring myself to kill him.

I get much faster speeds in rest mode, had it in just a few hours on rest.

robo

Oops,

Got an email from Amazon that my collectors edition has beeb posted, forgot I even preordered it last year, gangseek delivered my day one edition this morning.

Got to explain to wifey why I have 2 versions, maybe blag it and give one copy to eldest, hmm.

Whattodogaf!

Credit to 4chan, DEAD

RbAgtgp.jpg

Mortemis

Banned
Fuck, three more hours until I get my hands on this game. I'll have like 30 min to play/watch the intro, since I gotta work after. :/

Oh well, tomorrow shall be a good day once I get some good time with it.

Virdix

That's why I buy Amazon gift cards and apply them to pre-orders I care about in case I have no money on the card or I forgot to update my details. Have been doing that ever since one of my long awaited pre-orders didn't turn up because Amazon had my old, lost card on file and tried to charge it in the middle of the night when I couldn't read the email alerts.

That's an excellent idea, I'll do that in the future. Just did a live chat with Amazon to confirm the card, lol. Guess if something screws up I have the transcript.

BLunted

Banned
So how does GOG unlocking work?

If using galaxy, I imagine it will automatically download the day one patch, and that will unlock the game.

If manually installed from GOG, you go to your library, then W3, you can download the installer in multiple parts there via browser, or click the "more" button and select GOG Downloader links if you are using the downloader. Right now, there is nothing under patch, but I imagine that will change in 3 hours time.

EDIT: Or what Tovarisc said.

nemisis0

Anyone have the collectors edition on pc from amazon uk dispatched, I called them and they said they have not got it from the supplier yet, I ordered it months ago.

linkboy

Can't believe its finally here. Been wanting the game for a long, long time and I be playing the hell out of it this afternoon (I'm in Korea).

Courage

What is the recommended difficulty to start with? what difficulty are you starting with ?

I'm playing on Hard and it's giving me a good challenge. Normal is probably too easy for my tastes, since meditation replenishes your health and potions, while Hard only restores the latter.

bombshell

What is the recommended difficulty to start with? what difficulty are you starting with ?

1 above what you normally play.

Personally I'm starting on the highest difficulty, only because there's a trophy for it. But difficulty can be changed at any time, so if it's too hard I can lower it.

nataku

Holy shit, I completely forgot I pre-ordered the CE through Amazon last year in June. I hope GOG lets me cancel the pre-order through them, otherwise I'll have to send back the CE.

EDIT: Uh, is that the CE statue above? Maybe I'll send the CE back instead...

So in AU the game is already unlocked and SCEE doesn't know there are timezones and now we in EU have to wait till tommorow before we can play it. I'm coming from xbox and i swear to god some people at SONY are fucking retards, not knowing when to unlock well fuck me in the face and what the fuck is with the dl speeds on psn, they should upload the shit from psn (which im buying directly there to support sony) to fucking MEGA so we have fast download speeds. I dont work today cause im going on a trip tommorow and knowing i could play w3, but i cant bc some fucking retard fucked the unlock times up makes me sick. Sorry for my english im fucking german.

pakkit

Banned
Hard difficulty for sure. If it's anything like W2, the first hours will be rough, but then as you add abilities and get better gear you'll be OP by the end game. It's a good developmental arc.

Same here. I think I downloaded the whole thing in 3-4 hours (not just the initial 9GB but all 31GB).

Yeah hopefully he sees it and does it, wish more people knew of it at least. There does seem to be a lack of proper communication regarding the game too LOL . (People still think Death March has Perma, some still don't know unlock times, among other repeated questions I see here every few pages LOL)

So in AU the game is already unlocked and SCEE doesn't know there are timezones and now we in EU have to wait till tommorow before we can play it. I'm coming from xbox and i swear to god some people at SONY are fucking retards, not knowing when to unlock well fuck me in the face and what the fuck is with the dl speeds on psn, they should upload the shit from psn (which im buying directly there to support sony) to fucking MEGA so we have fast download speeds. I dont work today cause im going on a trip tommorow and knowing i could play w3, but i cant bc some fucking retard fucked the unlock times up makes me sick. Sorry for my english im fucking german.

Just myself I tend to almost top my 100MB connection in Rest mode. Had the entire thing in just a few hours. (Floridan on US PSN)

Yeah SCEE has been known to be incompetent for a while now LOL

Chaos17

Lmao is this the hand painted figurine thing that comes with the collectors edition? How the fuck did that make it passed QA ffs lol.

Seems so a Gafers posted his picture too :

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164353624&postcount=7119

Originally Posted by Deadstar
Tell me this is fake....please.
Sorry but no. Is real
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=164356936&postcount=7137

AndyB1974

Anyone have the collectors edition on pc from amazon uk dispatched, I called them and they said they have not got it from the supplier yet, I ordered it months ago.

Yeah, got an email from Amazon UK this morning saying my PC collector's edition has been dispatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom