• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Which enemies were you having hitbox issues with? I personally am struggling with Foglings and Wraiths, but I assumed that was me not timing my Yrdens correctly.

Wraiths mainly, as there's been a few instances where it doesn't look like their attack connected but I still took damage. But yeah, could be yrden wearing off.

ironcreed

Banned
Just finished the Djinn quest in Skellige.
I told Yen I didn't feel the same way. Oh man the expression on her face, the quick rambling, the confusion, the heartbreak in her eyes. I almost want to reload 20 hours back and let Triss sail for Kovir. I'm sorry Yen! I'll choose you on the next playthrough, I promise!

I
chose to stay with Yen in that quest, but had not done the Now or Never Triss quest yet. Completed that today and made Triss stay with me. Glad I still had the option, as I prefer Triss by a landslide.

viveks86

witcher32015-05-2416-22-21.png

witcher32015-05-2415-24-53.png

witcher32015-05-2420-31-18.png

Dresden

Yennefer is great. I love the adversarial, mocking, hot-and-cold relationship she has with Geralt, and it gets even better - that is, more awkward and uncomfortable - once a certain event happens in Skellige.

did you guys kill
Whoreson Junior
?

I did

most obvious decision in the game really, killing (Novigrad)
Menge
comes close though

I
chose to stay with Yen in that quest, but had not done the Now or Never Triss quest yet. Completed that today and made Triss stay with me. Glad I still had the option, as I prefer Triss by a landslide.

Yikes you might want to read this concerning romance
if you said I love you to both of them during their quests you end up alone

Travo

How do I know if I'll fail a mission if I leave an area or not? What if I want to leave Velen and explore White Orchard again?

Yennefer is great. I love the adversarial, mocking, hot-and-cold relationship she has with Geralt, and it gets even better - that is, more awkward and uncomfortable - once a certain event happens in Skellige.

most obvious decision in the game really, killing (Novigrad)
Menge
comes close though

Yeah I also killed him

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I ran with Triss since she's been my redheaded sweetheart through the last couple of games but the chemistry between Yen and Geralt is palpable and the just seem so compatible in a perfect opposites attract kind of way. So I immediately felt guilty.

There's one that gives
35 stamina you can buy in the village of Lindenvale, just south of where you start in Velen. There's another for 40 stamina that's a reward from a series of horse related quests at Crow's Perch.

Thanks!

Goddayum, Jenny of the Woods is kicking my ass...

Yeah I recently beat her. The trick is to get a 3-4 hit combo each time, while she is in the yrden circle and then just dodge instead of attacking while she is in her immaterial form. I also used a heavy dose of quen.
I'm not sure if this actually true, but she seemed harder when I tried to fight her the first time at 12 am than when I fought her the second time at around 2:48 am. The bestiary does say something about not fighting her at 12 when the moon is the brightest so maybe there's something to that as well.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So I've finished the Keira Metz quest line
she's off to Kaer Morhen
, and I'm trying to start Ladies in the Wood. The quest log just tells me to read "Ladies in the Wood." Unless I'm on drugs, I don't have that item in my inventory. How and when should I have gotten it? Can you miss it? Could I have sold it? Can I progress without it?

It was given during a cutscene, so its there. Check your quest items tab in inventory, not the tab where all the other books are.

ironcreed

Banned

I am just not attracted to women like that in real life, so she is off-putting to me. Super gorgeous, though.

After The Last Wish, I chose to stay with her in hopes that she would loosen up some, but it was short lived.
Triss is far more likable, in my opinion.

I

Only problem I have is
you're sending all these people you slept with to Kaer Moren.

Slept with Keira, and then told her to go to Kaer Moren
Slept with Triss said I love her, off to Kaer Moren.
Slept with Yen, and now she's off for Kaer Moren.

Shit's gonna pop off already for me with simply Keira there. To have told both Yen and Triss I love you? I think you're in for a rude awakening. No way would those two women share. You're gonna have to pick one I think, or risk losing them both.

Yeul

I like the end-game outcome if you don't kill (Novigrad stuff)
Whoreson
so I didn't kill him. At the time I didn't know how it would end up, but something told me that it wouldn't be as it seemed so that was my reasoning.

Dresden

I ran with Triss since she's been my redheaded sweetheart through the last couple of games but the chemistry between Yen and Geralt is palpable and the just seem so compatible in a perfect opposites attract kind of way. So I immediately felt guilty.

I am just not attracted to women like that in real life, so she is off-putting to me. Super gorgeous, though.

After The Last Wish, I chose to stay with her in hopes that she would loosen up some, but it was short lived.
Triss is far more likable, in my opinion.

I went with Triss, and I think it ends up improving the interactions between Geralt and Yen. There's so much tension there.

It's also led to some of the funnier moments in-game.

I don't see this getting old, ever

PifXaO9.jpg

3... 2... 1... blast off!

The first time it happened I stared in shock into the night. "Did that just happen?" As I saw the silhouette returned from orbit, I realized it had. God, I hope they never patch that shit, for that one animation alone.

Dresden

Come and get me, ladies! Grabbed the full Feline set, minus the crossbow which is level 29 for some reason.

Feline armor is just so silly looking. Tier 1 Ursine is still god-tier. The upgrades get so drab, though, and Griffin armor makes Geralt look super old. That curving belly on the chestpiece does some uncharitable things to his figure.

JimPanzer

How far I'm in the main story in percent? Don't want to experience again what happened with DA:I, where I thought I would be far away from the ending when I did the last quest.

I'm currently looking for Dandelion and just got the vault key from Mengle. Have been to Skellige for a very short time and only mit Yen there before going back.

This view is distressing because it gives a good sense of how massive the game is. Here you can see about, I don't know, 60% of the biggest island in Skellige. To think that there are other, albeit smaller, islands out there, along with the entirety of Velen, Novigrad, and White Orchard.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Come and get me, ladies! Grabbed the full Feline set, minus the crossbow which is level 29 for some reason.

I love the feline look. Enhanced feline is better IMO but I like it all. I also just prefer playing with light armor in general.

aravuus

I went with Triss, and I think it ends up improving the interactions between Geralt and Yen. There's so much tension there.

It's also led to some of the funnier moments in-game.

So you can actually go with either one of them? I was sure they'd make Yen 'the only right choice' or something.

Think I'm gonna end up with Triss, too. Yen is great looking and all but like ironcreed said, her personality doesn't appeal to me at all.

"Canon" be damned, you love Triss now, Geralt!

LegendX48

why is there an entire thread for gwent? I accidentally posted in there thinking it was the game OT >_>

Anyway, is it just me or does the game automatically give you better silver swords at random? It's happened twice so far and it feels like the game is just giving me handouts :\

2nd time was when I got to Novigrad
and caught up with Triss. When I got my gear back from the guy who asks for a password/cash to get in I had a completely new sword equipped and I still had my old one as well.

Maximo

I love the feline look. Enhanced feline is better IMO but I like it all. I also just prefer playing with light armor in general.

Really liking the Superior armour and almost have all the Diagrams for Enhanced, really like the set and also prefer light armour. Seen people post pictures from the Bear and it looks pretty good as well. I just like feeling like a swift and nimble monster slayer.

Aeana

I just noticed quite a bug.

There's a skill called Flood of Anger. Description says: "When casting a sign, 3 adrenaline points (if available) will be consumed to upgrade the sign to the highest level (unlocking all bonuses) and increase sign intensity by 25%"

Well...

af4vyFR.png

It seems that every time it's triggered, that 25% buff is permanently added to my sign intensity stat.

Salsa

jenny o the woods on level 10 on death march is so far the biggest challenge ive faced

funny how I beat her first try as level 9 on blood and broken bones. was using signs, oil, and bombs here. sogood

Maximo

This view is distressing because it gives a good sense of how massive the game is. Here you can see about, I don't know, 60% of the biggest island in Skellige. To think that there are other, albeit smaller, islands out there, along with the entirety of Velen, Novigrad, and White Orchard.

Skellige is really fun going in blind sailing to different islands not knowing whats there, coming across whales and Sirens swooping down to catch fish really fucking cool.

My friend is getting one corrupted save after another, in Velen, around/near the Army Base Camp.

Shit is ridiculous. I'm going to finish the Wandering in the Darkness quest that I'm currently in the middle of and then play something else until they fix this shit.

I thought the game was "complete" and they had only delayed it to give it that "extra coat of polish". This is pretty ridiculous.

ironcreed

Banned
I just noticed quite a bug.

There's a skill called Flood of Anger. Description says: "When casting a sign, 3 adrenaline points (if available) will be consumed to upgrade the sign to the highest level (unlocking all bonuses) and increase sign intensity by 25%"

Well...

af4vyFR.png

It seems that every time it's triggered, that 25% buff is permanently added to my sign intensity stat.

sloth-chin-scratch.gif

Mechazawa

I think what's bumming me out the most is that you can't take your starting armor all the way. It's an amazing design, but once I hit Novigrad, I'm now swimming in armors that put it to shame in the stats despite looking like hot garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom