• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one seems to be bugged.....I searched everywhere

CF08qtBUgAEJybD.jpg:large

Yeah, I have the same problem. Cleared it the bandits and looted everything but it is still highlighted.

I think what's bumming me out the most is that you can't take your starting armor all the way. It's an amazing design, but once I hit Novigrad, I'm now swimming in armors that put it to shame in the stats despite looking like hot garbage.
Especially the chest piece. It should've been an end-game armor set.

Salsa

I just noticed quite a bug.

There's a skill called Flood of Anger. Description says: "When casting a sign, 3 adrenaline points (if available) will be consumed to upgrade the sign to the highest level (unlocking all bonuses) and increase sign intensity by 25%"

Well...

af4vyFR.png

It seems that every time it's triggered, that 25% buff is permanently added to my sign intensity stat.

did you test it tho? there's a lot of inventory/UI showing bugs apparently

like there's a rune that's supposed to give you +2 attack power but it displays as +0 and seems useless. It works as intended, but they still havent fixed that

just hit the 50 hour mark

ironcreed

Banned
I think what's bumming me out the most is that you can't take your starting armor all the way. It's an amazing design, but once I hit Novigrad, I'm now swimming in armors that put it to shame in the stats despite looking like hot garbage.

LOL, it's Easter Egg city for sure in the early levels. But fret not, they do get much better. Especially the Elite Witcher sets.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
did you test it tho? there's a lot of inventory/UI showing bugs apparently

like there's a rune that's supposed to give you +2 attack power but it displays as +0 and seems useless. It works as intended, but they still havent fixed that

Was definitely wondering about this 0 power rune, lol. Never bothered using it, but figured something was up.

Salsa

those early game "bullshots" (kinda) make me wish the game had better AA implementation

kinda off topic I know but is there a profile out there to force something? or are we stuck with downsampling

Finally beat that fucking Arch-griffin. it was level 26 and I was level 20. I used a bunch of bolts that cause continuous bleeding, and drank milk which restores your vitality for 30 seconds.

Ceebs

why does ciri wear the cat pendant?

didnt she train with geralt.

Book spoilers
I am pretty sure she took the Cat pendant from Leo Bonhart after she killed him. He was a bounty hunter who had murdered all of friends and had captured her to use as a sort of arena fighting slave. He carried around several witcher pendants as trophies from the ones he had killed.

Hazanko

Banned
Any way to get vampire oil? I know of one way but cant anymore. Am I stuck with it randomly dropping? I've got enhanced and superior but not that.

I had quite the Demon/Dark Souls moment in the crypt basement of the cemetary in White Orchard. That Wraith kicked my ass so hard before I used the trap. lol

CSX

Just finished it. What a game. What a goddam game!!!

And to see so many questions marks I didnt do and high chance of missing many sidequests, my god there is still so much game.

Gonna hiberate on my second playthrough till the expansions come out and do a complete playthrough then....unless the shit is just gwent cards lol

I'm looking for one of the maps in Velen.
The first cat gear map. I'm guessing its sold by the blacksmith in Blackbough, and he's not talking to me because of the way the werewolf contract turned out?

zkorejo

Has anyone read any of the Witcher books? Are they good? Where to start?

They are amazing. I highly recommend reading them.

Start them at this order:

The Last Wish
Sword of Destiny
Blood of Elves
Time of Contempt

There are more of them but I am currently halfway through TOC. Next is Baptism of Fire I think.

So you can actually go with either one of them? I was sure they'd make Yen 'the only right choice' or something.

Think I'm gonna end up with Triss, too. Yen is great looking and all but like ironcreed said, her personality doesn't appeal to me at all.

"Canon" be damned, you love Triss now, Geralt!

I'm going for the Harem ending. Every sorceress in my pants.

I had a day off so I got to play nearly eight hours. Time to rest for a while. Damn good stuff. I've actually enjoyed exploring Novigrad so far. My only real complaint is that the game's technical flaws show most in this area. I'll load in and sometimes NPC crowds can take a good twenty seconds to fully load in. Then they'll start to awkwardly pop in one by one. Or similarly, I'll go to talk to a shopkeeper and he won't be in the shop...because for some reason he hasn't loaded! And Geralt's somewhat touchy movement really annoys in the city. In Valen, I didn't really care because there were open spaces. Geralt's movement in small city corridors is far worse though.

Anyhow, still enjoy the game very much!

Sasie

This seems like a good place to start. I'm not done with the game yet however my favorite scene by far has to be

Either the snowball fight or playing rock/paper/scissor with Ciri over who get to kill the wild hunt guy.

I'm one of those who always been a bit put off by how harsh the Witcher universe is but Witcher 3 really done wonders to balance it out.

Progressed far enough into the story to where one quest, "Following the Thread" automatically failed. Is it worth loading back 30 minutes to play through it?

Regarding romance,
so if I told Triss to stay I fucked up with Yen?, is there a way of making Triss stay but going with Yen in the end?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Regarding romance,
so if I told Triss to stay I fucked up with Yen?, is there a way of making Triss stay but going with Yen in the end?

Welll.....

Did Triss actually stay after the boat left? If so, you're fucked with Yen, yes. If you told her to stay but she didn't, Yen should still be available.

Corpekata

Banned
The alchemy tree's "Raises toxicity by how many level 1 recipes you have" is an awesome perk, especially at just 1 point. Right now I have 168 toxicity so I get to run around with a decoction all the time and not have to worry about going over when I need a swig of thunderbolt or swallow. The one that restores health on hit is especially useful.

This seems like a good place to start. I'm not done with the game yet however my favorite scene by far has to be

Either the snowball fight or playing rock/paper/scissor with Ciri over who get to kill the wild hunt guy.

I'm one of those who always been a bit put off by how harsh the Witcher universe is but Witcher 3 really done wonders to balance it out.
Completely forgot about the latter scene. Love that part

Been making good decisions all game (not that far yet) and I made a bad one just now. Holy shit. I feel so bad. Why did I do that ;_;

Lol who died?

Welll.....

Did Triss actually stay after the boat left? If so, you're fucked with Yen, yes. If you told her to stay but she didn't, Yen should still be available.

Welp, time to replay 6hours,
kinda bad CDPR didn't include an option for her to just stay at Kaer Morhen "as friends" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom