• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me figure something out? Prior to getting this game, I watched the giantbomb content that Vinny and Alex did, and one thing they were able to do in both their videos, is that their health restored when they meditated. My health does not restore when I meditate...what am I missing? what do I need to do? this would be real useful.

Yeul

Can someone help me figure something out? Prior to getting this game, I watched the giantbomb content that Vinny and Alex did, and one thing they were able to do in both their videos, is that their health restored when they meditated. My health does not restore when I meditate...what am I missing? what do I need to do? this would be real useful.

What difficulty are you playing on?

Salsa

can we have a spoiler story thread yet? I can just make it, this thread startin to get white (black if you have the bad theme). still makes sense for the ongoing stuff if you clarify beforehand but I think people are wantin to discuss the endings

3okusi.jpg

my only complaint is really just the AA, and that from a technical standpoint

I don't see your complaint about the jaggies.
Even the building on the far left looks pretty smooth to me. Characters' AA is pretty good as well, imho.

Salsa

Kin5290

After Triss running around with Yen is so awesome. Her voice acting is so much better and she's such a HBIC, plus
she has actual chemistry with Geralt (even if she wears the pants in their relationship).

I also like Cerys an Craite, who vaguely reminds me of an older Merida and seems much more competent than her male contemporaries.

The Sun and Stars perk is essential on Blood and Bones.

Yeah, I've been using that, but it just sucks. I'd think it's better to just have meditate have health regen instead. Like, hey your health will regen, if you just wanna put the controller down for 5 minutes and wait for it is what Sun and Stars does for you.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Holy shit, I keep failing this racing side mission which it making me keep having to reload the game.

1 minute and 51 seconds to load the game is fucking insane.

Denton

Holy shit, I keep failing this racing side mission which it making me keep having to reload the game.

1 minute and 51 seconds to load the game is fucking insane.
Reading stuff like this is sad..i wish everyone had an ssd. It works wonders in this game.

Anyone know where to get the horses eye flap thing?

Blinders can be bought from many vendors.
I prefer the Tamarian variety, which can be purchased from the merchant you rescued back at the start of the game. He hangs out at White Orchard, near the sign post.

You can also do horse racing, you get horse items of increasing quality with each quest and get paid(if you win), the first one is to the side of the bridge to Crow's Perch.

Wow, when combat finally clicks the game ascends to the next level. Gets real intense... and real good.

And if anyone is wondering what happens when you knock wyverns out of the sky into deep water, I'll tell you:
They die instantly... lol what.

Cider X

So I've finished the Keira Metz quest line
she's off to Kaer Morhen
, and I'm trying to start Ladies in the Wood. The quest log just tells me to read "Ladies in the Wood." Unless I'm on drugs, I don't have that item in my inventory. How and when should I have gotten it? Can you miss it? Could I have sold it? Can I progress without it?

Check "Quest items". It should be there.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I saw this asked a few times earlier in the thread without a definitive answer, but is there a reliable way to track time spent playing? I have the GOG install (without using Galaxy) and the only time stats I can see are on the character screen, which seem way off for whatever they're supposed to be tracking. Not right for actual time played and not right for in-game time passed either @_@.

It's supposed to be tracking actual time played, but it's pretty broken. I just posted about how it (at least on PS4) for some reason adds 8 hours to your playtime if you're playing past (real-life) midnight. So if you don't watch that your recorded playtime will soon be way off. This is with 24-hour clock, not sure if it does the same with 12-hour.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh shit....not sure how my brothers going to react to
all DAT sex....eh he's going into high school, and has played to much GTA....He'll probably laugh and yell boobies.

a916

I'm only 25 hours in and I've heard of an NPC mention Skellige, and someone here earlier said it took him 80 hours to get there... holy hell.

Where are the people I sent to Kaer Morhen? Place is huge, neat to see areas from the first Witcher game in much higher detail.

And Sun and Stars honestly isn't worth much for the health bonus. Once you get past the early levels you have far too much health for the regeneration to do anything and enemy hits only get harder and harder.

Salsa

since I made the spoiler thread: protip for those who dont want nothin' to do with it or are afraid of misclicking even with the caps title;

if you're using Adblock (while filtering in NeoGAF ads, of course) you can just right click and block it as if it was an ad, and you won't even be able to click on it:

9EymQfU.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I must be cray then but I really love the colorful look. hated how the witcher 2 looked.

what I love about the apparently 'kiddie saturation' is how different the game can look from one moment to the next. keeps it fresh

2bbutb.jpg

1g7ufh.png

3okusi.jpg

my only complaint is really just the AA, and that from a technical standpoint

Agreed 100%, I love the colors. The look of this game is vastly more attractive to me than anything in TW2 (which I thought looked rather dull overall). Don't like the "improved" screens that have all the color and vibrance sucked out of them at all. Yeah, the game takes place in a dark and grim world, but there are other ways to bring that across than drab and muted colors, and the game does that excellently. Beautiful, colorful vistas filled with dark and horrible things makes for a great balance, and it's executed pretty much perfectly IMO.

Denton

since I made the spoiler thread: protip for those who dont want nothin' to do with it or are afraid of misclicking even with the caps title;

if you're using Adblock (while filtering in NeoGAF ads, of course) you can just right click and block it as if it was an ad, and you won't even be able to click on it:

9EymQfU.png

That is an amazing trick. Thank you, gonna do that now. I am just at Blood Baron after some 26 hours and do not want to get anything spoiled.

Last 2 shots for the night of PC Ultra with Vivek's SweetFX pre set. Game looks phenomenal with this, and much closer to the early reveals but idk, I'm a bit torn on it. At times it feels perfect and seems to really bring out the detail of the world, but at the same time part of me feels too much of the "fantasy" colors are lost in other scenarios. IDK, tough call for me honestly on which to keep. The SweetFX or the original. I may just alternate between the 2 depending on what mood I'm in.

18071565661_f2a2fb22ce_h.jpg

17884404579_0ed2c967e7_h.jpg

Forgot to mention, I'm loving how varied and interesting the POIs are. In Velen, every one I've explored has been surprisingly unique in their design and content. Some are pretty big, too.
(Though I played the new Tomb Raider recently so that's probably skewing my perspective a lot. TR had one-room tombs. Seriously.)
Why is Geralt's hair constantly fluttering in the wind no matter where I am

why

Maybe he's born with it.

ViciousDS

Banned
Last 2 shots for the night of PC Ultra with Vivek's SweetFX pre set. Game looks phenomenal with this, and much closer to the early reveals but idk, I'm a bit torn on it. At times it feels perfect and seems to really bring out the detail of the world, but at the same time part of me feels too much of the "fantasy" colors are lost in other scenarios. IDK, tough call for me honestly on which to keep. The SweetFX or the original. I may just alternate between the 2 depending on what mood I'm in.

18071565661_f2a2fb22ce_h.jpg

17884404579_0ed2c967e7_h.jpg

Yes....holy fuck going to jump on my PC once my ps4 run is done and just modplay the shit out of it. Fuck enemies, 1 shot everything and go for the look and atmosphere while walking to everything being a complete badass lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom