• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDL50

I know this was probably pointed out, but in the heat of combat someone might miss this being a rather significant detail.

When in combat, If you see an enemies' health bar glow or pulse, this means they are about to attack, if you time your dodge or side step when you see this glow, this makes combat very trivial.

Is there anyway to turn this indicator off without turning off the life gauges? Playing on Blood and Broken Bones is one thing, but when I get basically a warning light telling me when to dodge. I'd rather have to observe the enemies movements instead, but I also want to see how much health the enemy has.

I would hope when the modding tools come out this one can be taken care of.

Question pertaining to the quest gangs of novigrad. Spoilers

i never sided with cleaver and kinda ignored the quest in its entirety. It happened accidentally when I went with Roche to meet king raniban (spelling I know). Does that quest matter at all?

I know this was probably pointed out, but in the heat of combat someone might miss this being a rather significant detail.

When in combat, If you see an enemies' health bar glow or pulse, this means they are about to attack, if you time your dodge or side step when you see this glow, this makes combat very trivial.

Is there anyway to turn this indicator off without turning off the life gauges? Playing on Blood and Broken Bones is one thing, but when I get basically a warning light telling me when to dodge. I'd rather have to observe the enemies movements instead, but I also want to see how much health the enemy has.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing since day 1, in fact.
I want to get rid of the warning, but I need the health bar.

Salsa

well, from experience I can say even with that, you still have to be weary

some enemies have chain attacks and you dont know the pattern till it happens a few times. You might sidestep an attack and realize you should have rolled cause it's 2-3 blows, and even tho the health does "shine" after the first one there's no time to react

it'd be nice tho, sure.

Last 2 shots for the night of PC Ultra with Vivek's SweetFX pre set. Game looks phenomenal with this, and much closer to the early reveals but idk, I'm a bit torn on it. At times it feels perfect and seems to really bring out the detail of the world, but at the same time part of me feels too much of the "fantasy" colors are lost in other scenarios. IDK, tough call for me honestly on which to keep. The SweetFX or the original. I may just alternate between the 2 depending on what mood I'm in.

18071565661_f2a2fb22ce_h.jpg

17884404579_0ed2c967e7_h.jpg
OMG this is real life!!!

This game is so good, but I have no time to play it :(

usp84

Got the same problem too. On PC if that matters. Person in distress near the hangman tree as well, no key anywhere to liberate the guy in his cell.

Oh i got this as well.Is there anything important you get from that NPC?Do we know if they will fix it?

Salsa

randomly came across another major spoiler while reading something completely random and unrelated on the subreddit lookin for some recipe location

fucking hell. should have went to bed

Denton

With those controls?.

The controls are great (on a gamepad) so yes. I am playing in 60fps so responsiveness is perfect though.

Last 2 shots for the night of PC Ultra with Vivek's SweetFX pre set. Game looks phenomenal with this, and much closer to the early reveals but idk, I'm a bit torn on it. At times it feels perfect and seems to really bring out the detail of the world, but at the same time part of me feels too much of the "fantasy" colors are lost in other scenarios. IDK, tough call for me honestly on which to keep. The SweetFX or the original. I may just alternate between the 2 depending on what mood I'm in.

That looks stunning, but yeah I think I prefer the more colorful default look.
This seems great for screenshots but I don't think I would enjoy playing with it as much.

Jolkien

Oh i got this as well.Is there anything important you get from that NPC?Do we know if they will fix it?

I assume they will fix it. They are normally a blacksmith or a barber trapped and they wait for you in claywitch normally from the other prisoner in Velen, not a deal breaker. The white icon do bug me though.

ViciousDS

Banned
Got the same problem too. On PC if that matters. Person in distress near the hangman tree as well, no key anywhere to liberate the guy in his cell.

That one I had to meditate and load a few times to get the bandit leader to show up and drop the key....but it did finally drop

Beepos

Did the SweetFX cost many frames? I really only have 1-2 to spare for constant 60 I believe.

Daverid

Well I just beat the game... And I'm literally in tears.

I honestly haven't been so satisfied with the ending of a Movie, Book or Game series since LOTR. I really don't even know what else to say... CDPR just fucking nailed it. The series is the most well told story in video games, bar none.

For anyone out there who is playing The Witcher 3 as their first Witcher game, if you ever go to replay it I would highly recommend playing through the first 2 games as well. And if you really want the absolute most incredible experience, read the novel series. There's so much in TW3 that benefits from having that novel background, more-so than either of the previous games.

Denton

Well I just beat the game... And I'm literally in tears.

I honestly haven't been so satisfied with the ending of a Movie, Book or Game series since LOTR. I really don't even know what else to say... CDPR just fucking nailed it. The series is the most well told story in video games, bar none.

For anyone out there who is playing The Witcher 3 as their first Witcher game, if you ever go to replay it I would highly recommend playing through the first 2 games as well. And if you really want the absolute most incredible experience, read the novel series. There's so much in TW3 that benefits from having that novel background, more-so than either of the previous games.

I expect I will have similar reaction, being the witcher fan of 16 years that I am.
Good to see it did not disappoint. Of course, with my playstyle, I will see the end in months, probably. And that's with the next 14 days being work-free :)

Holy mother of God the valley Boxholm sits in is one of the most beautiful environments I've been to in a game. Just when I think my mind has glazed a bit and adjusted to the world I keep getting surprised and wowed, 50 plus hours in. THIS GAME.

Play on death March instead. BBB is too easy.

Seanspeed

Banned
Holy shit, I keep failing this racing side mission which it making me keep having to reload the game.

1 minute and 51 seconds to load the game is fucking insane.
That's ridiculous. Takes less than 20 seconds on PC, and that's with an HDD. Not saying that to gloat, but to point out how strange the difference is.

Can I use this preset? How do I do this?

Is SweetFX similar to that of Skyrim ENB?

Yeah you can use it. A fellow GAFer Vivek made it. You'll need to download SweetFX and his pre set

This seems great for screenshots but I don't think I would enjoy playing with it as much.

This is somewhat how I feel but idk its tough. Theres times I'm walking around and it looks like the most realistic game I've ever seen. But then other times where I really miss the vibrant fantasy colors. Its tough to choose as both have their strengths

Did the SweetFX cost many frames? I really only have 1-2 to spare for constant 60 I believe.

Nah, it was a pretty small performance hit for me.

dreamfall

Game is so good. When I'm not playing, I'm thinking about it. I've been reading the World of the Witcher book too, it's a very neat breakdown.

Game of forever.

The controls are great (on a gamepad) so yes. I am playing in 60fps so responsiveness is perfect though.

Controls are not great when you have to turn like a truck to change direction. It has nothing to do with frame rate.

justjim89

Is there any way to get food eaten to stack? There's no bigger pain in the ass than having to wait 10-20 seconds between each bite when trying to fully heal.

usp84

Hmm meditate makes the enemies come back ? I never noticed. Do you know how long yo gotta meditate for them to respawn ?

I meditated a few times when i got this bug but nothing happened and then i grew tired and left.I will go back and see if the bandit leader spawns when i get the chance.

OmegaDL50

Hmm meditate makes the enemies come back ? I never noticed. Do you know how long yo gotta meditate for them to respawn ?

Not long.

I was fighting in the woods in White Orchard, the area with the Nekkers killing rabbits and wolves in the woods. Southwest of the Sawmill sign posts.

It apparently has infinitely spawning Nekkers, so enemies do indeed respawn.

Nekkers are good to hunt because that drop both Blue and Green Mutagens. Collect enough of them you can merge them to make better Mutagens. It doesn't take long to get the 9 of each to make a Greater Green and Blue Mutagen.

Salsa

guys, be careful. you can literally read a 2 words thing and it spoils a huge fucking part of the game and probably what I cared most

beyond pissed. gonna hit the bed and dream that I kill this random reddit guy.

Well decided to go ahead and give it a go. Picked it up yesterday.

Beat the prologue, pretty good so far.

I am assuming that I get better access to materials to craft potions because at this point I cant find any worthwhile mats. I have collected a ton of herbs and stuff but so far the only potion I crafted was Thunderbolt and I am pretty sure the game gave me the mats for that to fight
the Harpy.

Jolkien

Well decided to go ahead and give it a go. Picked it up yesterday.

Beat the prologue, pretty good so far.

I am assuming that I get better access to materials to craft potions because at this point I cant find any worthwhile mats. I have collected a ton of herbs and stuff but so far the only potion I crafted was Thunderbolt and I am pretty sure the game gave me the mats for that to fight
the Harpy.

You should make Swallow as well it's one of your option for healing. When your looking for alchemy material, check with a crafter you can destroy a lot of things for different alchemy materials.

Alej

Banned
Anyone playing with the entire right half of the HUD disabled? (Map, active quest and commands).

Feels so fresh to explore and search for things all at once. The world feels greater that way.

Maybe I'm a little OCD about those things but I hate to follow markers or being too focused on what the game told me to do.

ViciousDS

Banned

Well walking a decent distance and meditating usually does the trick. I've mediated for maybe 2 hours and have had enemies spawn on me lol

Off to bed everyone night and enjoy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom