• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

I hope I don't end up missing a character. Wanting to see things through quickly for Triss lost me an option (Radovid quest spoilers):
acquiring Philippa's crystal you have the option to give it to Radovid, keep it for yourself, or give it to "another sorceress". Can't seem to give it to Yen so Triss is the only option and she's gone. I kept the crystal for myself, but if Philippa doesn't appear in the game I'll be pissed.

I'm fairly sure you won't miss her.

Peff

That's a lot of Witcher to go through, man. If you think this one looks good just jump in here. If you still insist, most Witcher 1 mods are graphical. Gameplay-wise there's this one which is pretty good but mostly geared towards people who have played the game already. As for TW2 it's pretty much the same, you can have some stuff to improve the graphics (see here) but outside of maybe adding a mod for infinite inventory if you want there is nothing too egregious for a mod to fix.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
OK wtf, I run into a cave, find a bunch of harpies circling a tree then go up to fight them and then my screen fades to black, says I'm at the end of the world and I'm endlessly falling. >=(

That's what you get for ruining Geralt's hair.

Grady

There is a person in distress (aka man in a cage) on my map and when I kill the surrounding bandits, none of them drop the key. I searched around anyways but there is no key anywhere. Is this possibly glitched?

Its glitched for me. The dessertors disappeared into thin air and now i have no key. I didnt think much of it at first. 10 hours later still no key. I think its a merchant. Hopefully not one that has a gwent card i need.

Is the Griffin gear the one for the lowest level?
I just found some thing to upgrade griffin trousers and its says its for level 13.
Would it be a good idea to try to get complete griffin gear at around that level, or would it be a waste of time?

There's several tiers for the sets of armor. Regular, enhanced, superior, and mastercrafted. You're going to want to hold onto the griffin armor because as you level up you''ll be able to craft higher lvl gear pertaining to that set of armor. You'll have to find the diagrams for them though.

Dsyndrome

What's up with the suggested levels? I feel like they're changing on the fly. Ones I already completed are now lower than they were before, and the Contract: Missing Brother quest says Suggested Level 33. That can't be right.

Serrato

What's up with the suggested levels? I feel like they're changing on the fly. Ones I already completed are now lower than they were before, and the Contract: Missing Brother quest says Suggested Level 33. That can't be right.

Well some quest have a higher level ''difficulty'' than others. You can always do them later.

Tacitus_

It is. I waltzed by the monsters lair by accident while I was traveling. Oiled up and charged in only to nope out after a few blows as I noticed its skull level >_>

SomTervo

Excuse me while I vomit in my mouth a little.

At the very best, combat in TW3 is serviceable. It 'clicked' with me very quickly after starting the game but I can still objectively call it mediocre.

Your racing game analogy makes me want to scream, jesus christ. Have you even touched Bloodborne?
If Bloodborne is Project Gotham Racing, then TW3 is poorly-done GTAV race mission played with a MadCatz controller submerged in a tub of jelly.
How you come to Gran Turismo is completely beyond me.

I'm not saying TW3 should have the combat from Bloodborne or Batman, i'm glad they chose to do their own thing. But damn if it isn't inferior to both of these games and many others.

I made a post not long after that one where I qualified the analogy a little more. In no universe was I comparing the quality or 'tightness' of the combat systems in these games. My analogy was purely about the level of depth the devs were trying to achieve. You can't disagree Gran Turismo is deeper than PGR. And TW3 is deeper than BB in terms of the mechanics on the table and just how many tools you get and how they influence the gameplay. (BB probably deeper in terms of 'your mind is experience points' though.)

I love BB and I'd agree that the combat is objectively better than TW3 in a mechanical sense, but for me TW3 wins because the combat integrates so intelligently with the lore, characters an the world. It's more immersive than BB will ever be in that sense (this isn't a slight against BB but i value world-immersion very highly). That's just imo - i know plenty here disagree.

Enco

Question regarding a small side quest (girl with the herbalist).

I gave her the swallow potion and the quest showed as complete.
Is it concluded in game or only via the updated log? Kinda sucky if it's just the log that gives the ending.

Chariot

Question regarding a small side quest (girl with the herbalist).

I gave her the swallow potion and the quest showed as complete.
Is it concluded in game or only via the updated log? Kinda sucky if it's just the log that gives the ending.
Oh no,
you'll hear about it.

benzy

wzozbt.gif

jett

D-Member
I just got to Novingrad.

Where can I get some good-ass saddlebags STAT? 90 pounds isn't enough, and I have a bunch of bolts I can't even sell. Is there really nowhere to stash your shit like TW2?

What are you guys doing with your books and notes? Is there anything you can do with them or store them somewhere? I don't really want to just dump them but I dont want them in my inventory either.

SomTervo

I 100% agree with you. People are starting to get into this hyper-sensitive defensive mode about TW3 where they defend everything the game does because they have swooned over it. Calling the combat in the game close to a "simulation" as compared to the souls games is absolutely inaccurate and just people trying to make excuses for the game.

The combat is mediocre at best, even if you can get used to it. Absolutely no comparison to the controls in the Souls games, yet it's trying to do many of the same things. The people in charge of controls at CDPR clearly have a hard time getting it right, because controls have sucked ass going back as far as the last game (never played the first).

I've been sure to hedge all my comments with 'imo' on this. I wont defend it to the end of the earth - i think the combat is often badly balanced, the enemy attacks aren't very well designed, the movement and attack systems don't integrate that well so combat rhythm is weird as fuck, and that there are frankly too many mechanics for it to be in any way elegant or pure like BB.

However i feel totally immersed in it because of how well justified everything in the combat system - and the entire world - is. So even though combat is often wonky (I guess you could say "objectively mediocre"), it still immerses me in the world so magnificently I love it anyway.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone ventured into a cave glowing red with blood? It was surrounded by level 25+ vampires (Ekimmaras).

I died going into the cave due to jumping too high but it looked brilliant. Will go back when I'm a higher level.

I just got to Novingrad.

Where can I get some good-ass saddlebags STAT? 90 pounds isn't enough, and I have a bunch of bolts I can't even sell. Is there really nowhere to stash your shit like TW2?

You can get a 100+ one from Putrid Grove in Novigrad. I think you have to do a certain quest first. Think it's Pyres of Novigrad (not entirely sure though)

No...beginning of the game so I haven't got to any other places yet...just trying to find out a good way to build up a little money

Your best bet is trying to sell some things. You don't really need much money early on. It's down the road when you have to start crafting and what not. When you get to Novigrad there's a way to get you money very quickly.

tuxfool

Banned
I like the combat but I agree here. The tethering is a real bummer too, as despite these massive open spaces monsters refuse to chase or fight a few yards from their programmed spawn location.

Clearly you haven't been chased by any sirens. They don't let up.

nbraun80

Some interesting info folks.

Max level is 70 which means 69 skill points earned through leveling, this does not include additional skill points gained through Places of Power.

Combat (Red) skill tree has 20 skills total with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier of skills opening at 10, 20, and 30 skill points invested. A total of 91 skill points is required to max out the entire Combat Tree, which is naturally is impossible unless you invest all 69 levels worth of points and find an an additional 21 Places of Power.

Signs (Blue) skill tree has 20 skills total with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier of skills opening at 6, 18, and 28 skill points invested, A total of 79 skill points are needed to completely max out the Signs skill tree.

Alchemy (Green) skill tree also is 20 skills, 2nd tier needs 8 points, 3rd tier is 20, and 4th tier is 28. A total of 90 skill points to max the entire tree.

Yellow skill tree has 10 skills for 10 points each.

There is 70 skills spread across the 4 trees at a grand total of 270 skill points needed to max out everything.

In short it is not possible to max out every single skill in the game. You have however with some careful planning and enough Places of Power visited acquire enough skill points and getting to level 70, it's possible to at least have enough points to max out 15 to 20 skills total of your choosing.

Since you can equip a max of 12 skills total upon reach 30. There should be a enough points to obtain to max out any 12 skills of your choice.

On top of using Potions of Clearance you have good degree of flexibility to tailor your Geralt.

But know that you won't ever come to making some ultimate maxed out Geralt without a mod that gives more skill points per level.

Plan your builds carefully folks, and have fun!
here found the guy's post about the level cap and available skill points

Hugstable

Banned
lol that was so weird last night. Started the game last night at like 1 AM, and Geralt just pops up on the screen like this with no music or anything. Reminded me of the old NBA Live demo glitch lol

pNeHOIC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom