• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

usp84

So the dlcs actually have some new missions? Nice even if they are small, I thought they would only be skins etc.

Can you choose which look yennefer has though?

benzy

Yep. Such an incredible sense of place.

It's an awesome hand-crafted world. Can't see the next Elder Scrolls surpassing it in any way.

rwlwbj.gif

ironcreed

Banned
Lol, the more i'm getting into the MQ the more i'm digging the nilfgardians. Sure they're the big soviet empire and all that, but atleast they're not running around yelling "THE ETERNAL FIRE" in people's faces while setting them on fire. The north's one hell of a shitshow.

I agree. They seem to be the lesser evil out of everything I have seen so far. With the exception of
Roche and Sigi Reuven's plan
of course, but I am yet to see how that plays out.

At any rate, I expect some twist in there somewhere. In other words, this is pretty much fantasy dark ages type stuff. A hard ass world where nothing is black and white except Yen's and Nilfgaard's clothes.

Played a few hours - not impressed by the ps4 graphics at all! This isn't an open world game is it? Love medievil type games, but this lacks real character imo. Maybe i need to play the earlier games to get this? The graphics certainly do not help!

Innolis

Wondering how you go about changing Yennefer's costume...I don't see any options to do it on the main menu or ingame...do we have to fiddle with the ini files?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Knowing Yen you'll have the option to approach her with a new outfit and she'll shoot it down as ugly and never use it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
My god, NPC pathfinding can be absolutely atrocious in this game. Especially when it comes to climbing up/down ledges. Keira keeps getting stuck dammit!

ExReey

My feelings exactly.

Seeing this game constantly pitted against Bloodborne and DAI is exhausting. We got 3 fantastic RPGs over the course of six months. Let's be excited about that.

Wow I wouldn't put DAI in the same league as W3.

Who is playing with markers for undiscovered POI's turned off? It makes the game instantly 10x more enjoyable for me. Hunting icons on a map is too Ubi for my taste.

I could barely understand a word the
Ghost in the Tree
said due to the rumbling of power the ambient music and the filter on the voice. I read a book in game that talks about this scenario but I don't know if the book is accurate. I'm going to have to see how this plays out but I wish I could have heard what she had to say. I just recently turned off subtitles too, damn.

AngryMoth

Really getting sick of the combat complaints. Personally I fucking love the battles in this game. So far on Blood and Broken Bones it's felt difficult but fair and very fun.
Yeah I agree. I was pretty worried I wouldn't enjoy this game based on hearing comments and the combat been mediocre, especially coming from Bloodborne. But playing on hard it is quite engaging and I'm having to concentrate in a lot of battles to not loose a lot of health or die. I like that there is a decent amount of strategy and options

dedhead54

Do I need to play Gwent (as in necessary for something)? Been avoiding it so far.

I am wondering the same thing. I haven't touched it since the tutorial game (which crashed my game when I tried to pass). Just curious if it there are perks for playing. At this point I think this game is so amazing that I almost feel like playing just because I know it'll be fun. There's nothing about this game so far to lead me to believe otherwise.

Apt101

Man, the Bloody Baron - (a lot of spoilers, so really, don't read if you have't completely wrapped up all Baron quests)
the Bloody Baron's family. Wife ended up dying, he did what he did, and the forest spirit is on the rampage. No winners in this one.

I am a sucker for buddy cop movies and loved the witcher, witch-hunter team up between Geralt and Graden. I think it's also cool how Tamara ended up a witch-hunter.

But boy, the "fiend" enemy and encounter. Probably one of the worst battle and general enemy designs I've seen in a game. At least one can just stand back and let the NPC's do the work

Courage

I've kinda been neglecting Gwent so far so what are some tips to build a better deck? I still have the initial Northern Realms deck and I always get my ass kicked.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Framerate on the PS4 is awful at times. Following the little grey dude around the swamp and my Playstation fan is going all out!

Yea, since reaching Velen, the loadtimes doubled, the framerate halved, and it hitches all the damn time. White Orchard rarely had the same problem. I've conditioned to it and adore the game, but performance has been insanely poor.

cerulily

I've kinda been neglecting Gwent so far so what are some tips to build a better deck? I still have the initial Northern Realms deck and I always get my ass kicked.

Buy cards from every merchant you can. play until you get lucky and win until you get enough cards for a reliable win.

The biggest problem is that they don't give you a starter deck for each faction.

cslesce

Yea, since reaching Velen, the loadtimes doubled, the framerate halved, and it hitches all the damn time. White Orchard rarely had the same problem. I've conditioned to it and adore the game, but performance has been insanely poor.

Yep, Velen is other story...White Orchard was fine. CD PR fix it.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Repairing weapons / armor / buying Gwent cards leaves me permanently at 0 Gil or whatever the heck it's called (money).

That makes me sad since if I ever feel Rich by hitting 300+ bucks by questing around non-stop, repair costs are ridiculous and make it a break even proposition. I also have backup swords, which makes it worse.

nbraun80

having a decoy or two in your deck is always good, for either pulling a good card out when you they passed and you already have the round won, or in conjunction with spy card. basically a lot of people you play with have at least one spy card, so when they play it on me, I then decoy it and send it back to them and get two more cards myself. Also the northern deck is pretty backline focused so you kinda want to look to use that to make your big points when you need it.

justjim89

Wow, I was definitely not expecting to come across
Letho,
much less on some random quest for an old lady. That was a fun surprise.
As was teaming up with him.

For the quest where you find him, do I have to go back and look for the chest she mentioned? I just followed Letho and now the quest says to go talk to the lady again.

ChuckNyce

It can get especially rough during rainy weather.

And even worse if you pull your torch out in that rainy weather. Planning on building a gaming rig later in the year and I'm seriously considering a double dip on a steam sale. Silky smooth 60FPS and Ultra graphics would be fantastic as performance is my only complaint with the game so far.

lionpants

Has anyone bought the new Gwent cards from White Orchard yet? Is it possible to buy the ones that are miss-able there now?

(PC Version with today's patch)

ChuckNyce

Wow, I was definitely not expecting to come across
Letho,
much less on some random quest for an old lady. That was a fun surprise.
As was teaming up with him.

For the quest where you find him, do I have to go back and look for the chest she mentioned? I just followed Letho and now the quest says to go talk to the lady again.

You can just go back to her and end the quest but you can still go back and find the chest she mentions. If you go back to her before finding the chest she says something like "welp, you should really find that chest as that's all I have to pay you with".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom