• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the Bloody Baron - (a lot of spoilers, so really, don't read if you have't completely wrapped up all Baron quests)
the Bloody Baron's family. Wife ended up dying, he did what he did, and the forest spirit is on the rampage. No winners in this one.

I am a sucker for buddy cop movies and loved the witcher, witch-hunter team up between Geralt and Graden. I think it's also cool how Tamara ended up a witch-hunter.

But boy, the "fiend" enemy and encounter. Probably one of the worst battle and general enemy designs I've seen in a game. At least one can just stand back and let the NPC's do the work
That sounds nothing at all like my playthrough lol. Almost the complete opposite outcome for me.

Skyzard

Banned
Really getting sick of the combat complaints. Personally I fucking love the battles in this game. So far on Blood and Broken Bones it's felt difficult but fair and very fun.

I'm not getting put off too much reading them as I can understand the clunky feel some are having moving geralt, especially at lower framerates I imagine.

But yeah I'm really enjoying combat in this. More than I have in other action games even.

It was the thing I was most worried about because rpgs haven't hooked me in for a long time now and after playing DA:I I was worried about the non-story aspects.

Nope, I actively go looking for fun battles and the XP isn't even worth it.

aravuus

Ugh, these new patches are killing me as they make my weight mods obsolete.

A friend made a version-independent weight mod if anyone's interested. You just drag and drop the contents of the zip file to your bin\x64 folder and it makes all the items weigh a value of 0.01. It should work on future updates of the game unless some significant changes are made to how the game calculates item weight.

Release: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/releases/latest

Source code: https://github.com/fatalis/witcher3weight/

Works for me. Upped the multiplier in the text file from 10 to 100 and my total weight dropped from 140 to 14.

TokiDoki

^ Dude you messed up the spoiler tag , need the [/spoiler] closing

Almost done with Velen and yeah , Witcher 3 didn't disappoints . Still has one of the best story and storytelling for a game so far .

Are the Person In Distress POI's bugged? I am now 0-2 for being able to find the keys for people I am trying to rescue. Super annoying to spend 15 minutes running around, looting every corpse and 20+ random crates to come up empty handed.

Is there a master bandit key or something dumb I am missing?

rashbeep

Banned
Anyone know if you can fight a
manticore
in the game? They look like they'd be a hell of a challenge.

edit: Question is for players who are almost done the game

boskee

Are the Person In Distress POI's bugged? I am now 0-2 for being able to find the keys for people I am trying to rescue. Super annoying to spend 15 minutes running around, looting every corpse and 20+ random crates to come up empty handed.

Is there a master bandit key or something dumb I am missing?

Do you even need one? As soon as I kill all bandits I can just open the cage or they let themself out on their own.

Auctopus

Framerate on the PS4 is awful at times. Following the little grey dude around the swamp and my Playstation fan is going all out!

This was the exact moment I noticed how bad the frame drops were getting, haven't gone back to te swamp since. Got so bad it was affecting combat.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
What's the best way to get some monster eyes? Want to craft that Griffin armor...

Slaughter nekkers, get nekker eyes, dismantle them into monster eyes. Alternatively buy raven eyes off the alchemy vendor in Novigrad I believe and break em down.

Look through your parts you may have something you can break down into em.

Heh true enough, thanks. Guess my question would be aimed at players pretty far into the game so the tag wouldn't be an issue.

But that's the thing, nobody can gather from your post that it's meant for those people. :p

I've had it happen a few times in this thread, I see an untagged spoiler, so I assume it's a question about something early on. Turns out it's not.

Gladly I've not been spoiled about the ending yet.

Kurdel

Banned
I put the combat on easy, becuse I am really not feeling it. Plus it makes more sense that Geralt can mow down enemies with a few slashes.

After 35 hours, I'm almost ready to throw my mouse at the screen every time I see the words Witcher Senses.

By far the jankiest and worst part of the game.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Having just played the Witcher 2, I gotta say that this game is leaps and bounds better. Like I wouldn't even guess it's the same developer.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really hard to believe just how good the content in this game is. I think it might be my favorite open world yet at 20 hours and I still haven't left Velen. The side quests are all so incredibly interesting and I really do enjoy just wandering through the wilderness and taking in all of the amazing visuals (mostly running on Ultra settings on PC) and sounds.

I eventually settled on mouse and keyboard and the controls are finally starting to click with me. I still have some gripes on that front, but it's much less frustrating than it was at the beginning.

rashbeep

Banned
But that's the thing, nobody can gather from your post that it's meant for those people. :p

I've had it happen a few times in this thread, I see an untagged spoiler, so I assume it's a question about something early on. Turns out it's not.

Gladly I've not been spoiled about the ending yet.

Yea lol, I should make that edit :)

SoCoRoBo

Does anyone know if there's an alchemist/herbalist who sells the recipes for all of the first level bombs and potions?

I'm in
Novigrad at the moment and the herbalist there is selling enhanced versions of everything.

Just saw the 3 different main endings on YT:

- Ciri dissappears
- Ciri lives, but goes to the king/Emhyr
- Ciri lives, becomes a witcher

Super glad I got the last one, but it was a bit tricky to get it.

Went in completely blind to any multiple endings (got same as you), it felt so natural how the endings were chosen.
I still don't know what I did to make sure that happened, just felt like it was the right one for the way I played. Bioware pay close attention, that is how you do a multiple choice ending. Not this
endings.jpg

Neverfade

Does anyone know if there's an alchemist/herbalist who sells the recipes for all of the first level bombs and potions?

I'm in
Novigrad at the moment and the herbalist there is selling enhanced versions of everything.

There's a
gnome north east outside of oxenfurt that has just about everything I believe. They're mostly about 250 a pop though.

So a question on the family matters quest
I've helped the barron bury his daughter and now it says look around Velez for clues on his wife, where exactly do I go to find out more clues?

Zakalwe

Banned
Played a few hours - not impressed by the ps4 graphics at all! This isn't an open world game is it? Love medievil type games, but this lacks real character imo. Maybe i need to play the earlier games to get this? The graphics certainly do not help!

"Lacks real character"

I don't know what to say. Regardless of whether it not you've played the first two games, TW3 is abundant with atmosphere and character and this isn't really something you can argue imo.

You might not get the combat, you might not think it looks that special, you might not appreciate the art style, but I can't even remember a game that has this much character.

Saying that, I'm not really sure how anyone can say the visuals aren't impressive. Individual assets might not be the best we've seen, but the composition and level of detail is astounding even on console or lower PC settings.

Baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom