• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god that EG.net review:
Made by a rogue operator with independent funding (the studio's parent company owns the distribution platform GOG.com), it pays little heed to the franchise-building fads of Hollywood or the focus-tested game design methodologies of Montreal, instead drinking deep draughts from Central European folklore and the narrative traditions of Western role-playing. It exists because a group of people in Warsaw knew exactly the kind of game they wanted to play, and made it themselves because no-one else would. It is that rare thing in contemporary video games: an epic with a soul.

So. Fucking. Good.
That dig at Ubi. Glorious. This is exactly the review I was imagining reading in my head on EG.

ETHER...that shit that make your soul burn slow.

Hyped.As.FUCK

DLC Yennefer looks good. Got a bit of a Morrigan vibe

Dat stocking!!

Anyone know if the Australian GoG version unlocked at midnight last night or were those clocks wrong? Trying to hunt through the thread but 20 pages is a lot of posts to catch up on.

ITS NEARLY HERE GUYS!!!

I'm kind of hoping my statue does look crap because I'm a Warhammer collector and a decent avid painter so I'll go ahead and re-paint my statue with more than just single tones and dry brushed details (which is what it looks like it might be). I think a statue of that size might be fun.

ITS NEARLY HERE GUYS!

I'm guessing everyone's seen the launch trailer? Very cool to see I get to play a bit of history (or at least watch it) with Ciri as a child at the start. That's a kick arse vibe for me being a book fan.

I'm so torn. Do I stay home and wait for 9AM and play the game (Steam Version) a soon as it unlocks, I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER. Or do I go and collect my collectors edition from EB Games and play the game possibly and probably at 10AM or later because I'll be rolling around in all the swag of the collectors edition.... I don't know what to do. Because if I don't pick up the CE first thing I know I'll just want to play through the day and not stop to go and pick it up and then it will sit there all week because I won't want to waste the time.

I think that has decided it for me, I'll be going to pick up my CE first. If only EB opened at 8AM.

Tovarisc

Dammit....this is such a tease. I thought it was the time!

EJ57HuE.jpg

I got excited too.

Wait... what? You should be able to install that 25GB already.

Edit: Artbook and Compendium are still corrupted, but DLC got working installers

Can i not access the steam soundtrack till it goes live? Game folder doesn't even show up.

Nope, it's all encrypted.

This last 1 hour and 15 minutes is going to be BRUTAL! Keep posting gaf, lots and lots of posts. I've found in the past that trying to keep up with reading posts before a launch is a great way to make the time fly by!

TriGen

Ugh 26% on Xbone. Hopefully it doesn't need to fully download before I can "play now" and start campaign.

Anyone know?

On the PS4 it only needed to download 9GB to be playable, so it might be the same on XBO. I don't know what percentage that would be, however.

zdenko1

are any other "goodies" support to come out later (except for the part 2 of the animated comics of course)?
It's CDPR so we will very likely see some freebies in future like with witcher and witcher 2. They updated content for those games for a long time.

Well, my fellow GAFers, your hype has infected me.

Never played a Witcher game.
Honestly didn't know shit about it until I read over the (excellent) OP.

Pre-ordered for PS4.
Let's do this.

pushBAK

Here's an outline of what I believe to be the best decisions in the Witcher 2 to simulate in Witcher 3. You'll choose these via a conversation at some point in the game.

Witcher 2 spoilers abound. This gives no Witcher 3 spoilers minus what you would already know based upon playing Witcher 2.

Decision: Kill Ayran La Valette or not?
  • Let him live
  • Why:
    He's alright. Having him alive means there's more dialogue to be had in Witcher 3. Bring more stability to the region.

Decision: Iorveth or Roche

• Go with Iorveth
  • Why:
    Overall this storyline is far more enjoyable and fun, focusing more on lore and intrigue than kings and politics. This also has the outcome of founding an entirely new nation with Saskia as it's queen. The latter (going with Roche) has you choose to kill a king or not, with choosing not to kill him finds the new nation conquered and non-existant. Killing him means there's one less characters to interact with in Witcher 3.

Decision: Save Triss or lift the spell on Saskia

• Lift the spell
  • Why:
    Triss will be alive no matter what. If you lifted the spell, this opens Saskia to be alive in The Witcher 3, which adds for dialogue, store ect.
  • If you did Roche's path, this option turns into 'save the child queen' or 'save Triss', to which saving the child queen is better as regardless; Triss is alive.
  • Extra W2 Spoiler:
    Saskia is also a dragon, and was being controlled by a mage. Breaking the spell breaks the controll the mage had.

Decision: Save Sile or let her die

• Save Sile
  • She'll be in Witcher 3 then, which adds dialogue and story. Otherwise she's dead.
  • Extra Spoiler:
    She might not be around anyway as at the end of Witcher 2, they mention a witch hunt is may killer kill her more gruesomely anyway.

Decision: Kill Letho or let him Walk

• Let him walk
  • He'll be in the Witcher 3. See the third point for why he did what he did in Withcer 2.
  • Extra Witcher 2 Spoiler about Letho:
    He was captured by the Nilfgaards, eventually making a deal with the Nilfgaard emporer. The deal was to have Letho kill kings of the northen kingdoms to 'weaken' them for the coming invasion. In return Letho could restore his witcher order 'the order of the viper'. Personally I think the witchers order should be revived, because they're cool :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-the-choices-of-the-witcher-2-mean-in-the-witc/1100-6427400/

Here's an outline of what I believe to be the best decisions in the Witcher 2 to simulate in Witcher 3, as W3 apparently has you choose Witcher 2 decisions.

Witcher 2 spoilers abound. This gives no Witcher 3 spoilers minus what you would already know based upon playing Witcher 2.

• Go with Iorveth
  • Why:
    Overall this storyline is far more enjoyable and fun, focusing more on lore and intrigue than kings and politics. This also has the outcome of founding an entirely new nation with Saskia as it's queen. The latter (going with Roche) has you choose to kill a king or not, with choosing not to kill him finds the new nation conquered and non-existant. Killing him means there's one less characters to interact with in Witcher 3.

• Lift the spell
  • Why:
    Triss will be alive no matter what. If you lifted the spell, this opens Saskia to be alive in The Witcher 3, which adds for dialogue, store ect.
  • If you did Roche's path, this option turns into 'save the child queen' or 'save Triss', to which saving the child queen is better as regardless; Triss is alive.
  • Extra W2 Spoiler:
    Saskia is also a dragon, and was being controlled by a mage. Breaking the spell breaks the controll the mage had.

• Save Sile
  • She'll be in Witcher 3 then, which adds dialogue and story. Otherwise she's dead.
  • Extra Spoiler:
    She might not be around anyway as at the end of Witcher 2, they mention a witch hunt is may killer kill her more gruesomely anyway.

• Let him walk
  • He'll be in the Witcher 3. See the third point for why he did what he did in Withcer 2.
    He was captured by the Nilfgaards, eventually making a deal with the Nilfgaard emporer. The deal was to have Letho kill kings of the northen kingdoms to 'weaken' them for the coming invasion. In return Letho could restore his witcher order 'the order of the viper'. Personally I think the witchers order should be revived, because they're cool :)

thanks for this!

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
GMG keys are starting to be distributed. Got an email thanking me for my pre-order, but "no keys available" on my games page on their site. Seems like there's a bit of a queue as people are slowly getting theirs.

BraXzy

The game is pre-loaded, the new NVIDIA drivers are installed.. I'm not even sure if I will start the game past the first bit since I am midway through so many other games right now but I can still take a peak right? :D

Hyped now!

Majukun

Here's an outline of what I believe to be the best decisions in the Witcher 2 to simulate in Witcher 3, as W3 apparently has you choose Witcher 2 decisions.

• Go with Iorveth
  • Why:

• Lift the spell
  • Why:
  • Extra W2 Spoiler:

• Save Sile
  • Extra Spoiler:

• Let him walk

you are not counting what the storylines lead up too though

like,if
you go with roche and then save triss,no witch hunt starts

we don't know if that will change something,but seems like a pretty big difference

Newman96

Sometimes the quest system frustrates me, a guy asks me to do something and if you select the dialogue option that is basically "no" you just fail the quest. Sometimes it seems like it would open up an alternative or something.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?

• Go with Iorveth
  • Why:

• Lift the spell
  • Why:
  • Extra W2 Spoiler:

• Save Sile
  • Extra Spoiler:

• Let him walk

Awesome! I seriously appreciate that. I was wondering wtf I was going to do regarding past decisions

zdenko1

Well, my fellow GAFers, your hype has infected me.

Never played a Witcher game.
Honestly didn't know shit about it until I read over the (excellent) OP.

Pre-ordered for PS4.
Let's do this.
Great choice. There is cutscene at the beginning of the game which will allow you to choose important choices from previous games. Read story summary which was posted somewhere on GAF. It will help you understanding plot of witcher 3 better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom