• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaa

Neo Member
Reminder for Steam if you get an error when clicking Play : restart the client and you should download a 1.3GB update. Seems to be the bonus content (artbook + soundtrack).

Sh1ner

At 21.6Gb preload, now I have to download the up to 22.9Gb but it wont download. :|

It just sits there with the timer counting upwards.

ldcommando

Banned
Gog is giving me 26 minutes left to unlock here but the game is already working, go figure.
Now I have to wait my kids to go to bed so I can play this bad boy.

TheRed

Wow have had the game downloaded from Galaxy for like a week and now it just disappeared and is redownloading the entire game again :/
At least this time it's actually going at my normal speed of 14 MB/s unlike the last time where it took days to finish.

Here's an outline of what I believe to be the best decisions in the Witcher 2 to simulate in Witcher 3. You'll choose these via a conversation at some point in the game.

Witcher 2 spoilers abound. This gives no Witcher 3 spoilers minus what you would already know based upon playing Witcher 2.

Decision: Kill Ayran La Valette or not?
  • Let him live
  • Why:
    He's alright. Having him alive means there's more dialogue to be had in Witcher 3. Bring more stability to the region.

Decision: Iorveth or Roche

• Go with Iorveth
  • Why:
    Overall this storyline is far more enjoyable and fun, focusing more on lore and intrigue than kings and politics. This also has the outcome of founding an entirely new nation with Saskia as it's queen. The latter (going with Roche) has you choose to kill a king or not, with choosing not to kill him finds the new nation conquered and non-existant. Killing him means there's one less characters to interact with in Witcher 3.

Decision: Save Triss or lift the spell on Saskia

• Lift the spell
  • Why:
    Triss will be alive no matter what. If you lifted the spell, this opens Saskia to be alive in The Witcher 3, which adds for dialogue, store ect.
  • If you did Roche's path, this option turns into 'save the child queen' or 'save Triss', to which saving the child queen is better as regardless; Triss is alive.
  • Extra W2 Spoiler:
    Saskia is also a dragon, and was being controlled by a mage. Breaking the spell breaks the controll the mage had.

Decision: Save Sile or let her die

• Save Sile
  • She'll be in Witcher 3 then, which adds dialogue and story. Otherwise she's dead.
  • Extra Spoiler:
    She might not be around anyway as at the end of Witcher 2, they mention a witch hunt is may killer kill her more gruesomely anyway.

Decision: Kill Letho or let him Walk

• Let him walk
  • He'll be in the Witcher 3. See the third point for why he did what he did in Withcer 2.
  • Extra Witcher 2 Spoiler about Letho:
    He was captured by the Nilfgaards, eventually making a deal with the Nilfgaard emporer. The deal was to have Letho kill kings of the northen kingdoms to 'weaken' them for the coming invasion. In return Letho could restore his witcher order 'the order of the viper'. Personally I think the witchers order should be revived, because they're cool :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-the-choices-of-the-witcher-2-mean-in-the-witc/1100-6427400/

Look at this, I believe this is the exact details of the Save File I have provided in the OP. At least the decisions seem to match without taking into account the ones that were excluded.

MattyG

Banned
I got an error but it wasn't the executable. It was something about "config". I just restarted steam and restarted unpacking.

Ricker

Looks awesome on the PS4 so far but jesus christ that text...maybe they could of made it a little smaller...sigh,oh well on with the game.

WTF finished downloading the game on steam and game won't launch. Just black screen and no sound ... It just CTD's

Seeing people in the witcher forums and steam discussion thread having the same issue as mine too ;_;

Neoweee

Not really a fan of the scene & dialogue skip controls. It seems a lot less polished than Bioware's recent games. I thought I was skipping a line of dialogue, and instead skipped the entire ending of the tutorial dream.

carlsojo

Looks awesome on the PS4 so far but jesus christ that text...maybe they could of made it a little smaller...sigh,oh well on with the game.

I thought the same thing -_- I'm going to go blind by the end of the game.

I fucking love Gwent. Tough and fun.

Grady

Looks like platinum is achievable in one play through. Looks like it will be a fun platinum, though a very long one....I hate the level cap though. Plan on playing on death march mode. But, if i hit the cap before completing all quest, what would be the point of playing the rest of them.

PSA: If you are playing the Steam version, the 1.3GB patch is not a patch, it is actually the free Artbook and Soundtrack! Check your game install folder!

GameStop sold the game today! Apparently there was a conference call and they were given the go ahead to sell the game today. That is so awesome of CDPR to do. playing it right now.

ButchCat

I can't seem to get the DS4 working with the PC version of Witcher 3, I haven't had this problem with games in the past.

Facism

meights!!!

If i want to make decisions about what happened in the witcher 2, do i choose yes or no for "simulate Witcher 2 save?"

RDreamer

Haha, wonder if Witcher 3 broke GAF.

Playing a bit now. First impression: Audio is pretty fucking bad. Everything else is good.

Also, as a book reader:

(spoilers from the first half hour or so)
During the intro I was like "Wait a second... Yennefer wasn't at Kaer Mohren. It was fun when Vessimir confirmed my suspicion. Odd that they'd start out with a false memory, but it seems to be an interesting choice in combining the relationships of Ciri and Yennefer for new people

Gothos

Two things.

First: mouse + Kb control scheme is TERRIBLE. Thank god I got X360 gamepad.

Second: what is 'simulate Witcher 2 choices'? Do I select it or not if I want to have that conversation in game regarding my choices from the second game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom