• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontovik

Banned
Gwent's pretty fun! Still have to pursue the right tactics on the battlefield though.

In regards to the free DLCs, specifically the Temerian armour, do you get it to start? Or will it be given as you progress thru the game?

drotahorror

When is the Witcher 2
dialogue thing
supposed to happen btw? Not sure if choosing 'simulate' was the right option and don't wanna go further if I was supposed to choose the opposite option.

Was wondering the same. I picked simulate and I think it was the wrong answer. You'd think the first answer would be the one you want to choose if you want to pick some decisions.

Also, was not prepared for the difficulty of the first encounter hah. Died twice, playing on hardest difficulty.

restart steam

Already tried that a few times. I set it to start automatically and while the progress bar moved up it wasn't actually downloading anything. It just now kicked in downloading the last 1GB or so. Strange stuff

edit: download complete
WATZiUM.png

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Death March is no joke early on.

And this is coming from someone that beat both Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 on Dark(though they were pretty easy past the tutorial sadly). Hope this challenge stays, the feel of combat is far improved over the prior games.

Wish the camera-lock was offset a bit higher though, fighting anything smaller than Geralt is kind of hidden by his model in melee range making it really difficult to watch for attack animations for parrying/dodging.

linkboy

God damn I hate AAFES.

Pre-order the game and get all this content, oh sorry, we didn't get any of it.

To bad, sucks to be you.

Assholes.

Edit
Scratch that, it's in the game case. They put their price sticker over the bonus content label.

Was wondering the same. I picked simulate and I think it was the wrong answer. You'd think the first answer would be the one you want to choose if you want to pick some decisions.

Also, was not prepared for the difficulty of the first encounter hah. Died twice, playing on hardest difficulty.

Yeah. I chose on and haven't had it happen yet. Be real dumb if you're supposed to choose off.

Majukun

the video driver probbaly just crashed on me..first the game freezed and then the screen turned black..i couls still heard the sounds but able to see nothing...

anyway..games look beautiful..tried my luck with a combination of settings and apart from some frame rate drops sometimes,it runs pretty fast...didn't turn the fps counter on though..i will check tomorrow

game is maybe a little too dense..so many things and people around you,but a pretty small part is someone you can actually speak or interact with

found my first place of power..guarded by a wraith well over my level,had to run away

I "think" its deeper in the prologue.
Maybe when we get to Royal Palace in Vizima?

Just started playing doing sidequests in White Orchard. This game is already amazing.

Guys, should I get it for PS4 or PC?

My PC specs: i7-4770K(not OC'd), HD 7870 GPU, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1

How much better will it look on PC compared to PS4?

bounchfx

holy fuck this shit is awesome so far. I'm using a 660 and while I can do med-high, I will only get around 20-24 fps. It doesn't really improve until I turn it ALL down to low minus textures and some post effects, but otherwise i've been able to get a steady 28-32 which is more than playable for me. I'll probably upgrade later this year, but I am stoked that I can run it. It also looks great, even on lowest settings. I understand people bitching about the downgrade, but holy hell the game still looks awesome. I ain't even running it on uber!

also, the music. goddam. THE MUSIC. SOGOOD

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Same here. The description sucks for the Witcher 2 import. "Simulate" could mean the game auto-choosing for you OR letting you choose. I assume 'yes' gives us the option to choose(since its default), but it could be just the opposite!! Google gives me no answer either yet.

I decided to quit playing after an hour to wait for responses to make sure in case I need to restart.

When is the Witcher 2
dialogue thing
supposed to happen btw? Not sure if choosing 'simulate' was the right option and don't wanna go further if I was supposed to choose the opposite option.

"In this Witcher 3 sequence, Nilfgaardian emperor Emhyr var Emreis has invited you to the palace at Vizima. Before you meet the ruler, however, commander Morvran Voorhis subjects you to a shave, during which he asks you some probing questions."

This is from the Gamespot article, I have no idea when this is supposed to happen, probably after the White Orchard area.

Majukun

simulate "should" be the one where you decide without a witcher 2 save...the decision sene seem to happen later in the game for what i know...really no way that happens in the place where you start the game

Really loving it so far, just a couple hours in. It's beautiful, and I really liked the prologue/tutorial.

The lock on mechanic seems pretty broken...anybody else having this issue? I can't consistently get him to lock onto the enemy I want. I'll probably just play the game without locking on...

-griffy-

Banned
Man WTF. I assumed this game was coming out tomorrow, not at random time today. Got home from work and logged in to Steam to take advantage of the greatly discounted pre-order and the damn game is already out and full price.

Demoskinos

So yep game crashed during the Gwent tutorial (PS4) just like it did for Gerstmann. Thats pretty dumb that that is still in there.

Majukun

Same here. The description sucks for the Witcher 2 import. "Simulate" could mean the game auto-choosing for you OR letting you choose. I assume 'yes' gives us the option to choose(since its default), but it could be just the opposite!! Google gives me no answer either yet.

I decided to quit playing after an hour to wait for responses to make sure in case I need to restart.

"simulate world state" was the name given by the developer to the whole interview thing..so it must be it.
also there are just two choices..pick a witcher 2 saves or decide through the interrogation..there's no way the game picks the sides for you

p.s.

found a building with wolves around it..but actually reaching it seemd impossible because it was on a hill with steep sides..anyone managed to get there?
it pisses me off when i find a location but can't reach it.

dreamfall

Anyone having problems with HDR? I'm trying to downsample it at 1440p, but the HUD keeps getting messed up. Also, when trying to take screenshots, the notification to switch the control scheme (from controller to Kb/M) keeps getting in my Steam screenshots- how do we disable this!

Got it locked at 30, because things were jumpy. But everything is on Ultra, running around with a controller.

I have to say that screenshots do not do this game justice on the PS4, it looks freaking beautiful. People that were calling this game crossgen in the looks department or whatever, I would say try and find a way to get this on your screen, it really makes a difference.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
"In this Witcher 3 sequence, Nilfgaardian emperor Emhyr var Emreis has invited you to the palace at Vizima. Before you meet the ruler, however, commander Morvran Voorhis subjects you to a shave, during which he asks you some probing questions."

This is from the Gamespot article, I have no idea when this is supposed to happen, probably after the White Orchard area.

It is

OCD Guy

First impressions are positive, game looks incredible in my opinion (shame my pictures aren't) definitely the best open world game so far on the ps4. Looks better than assassins creed, watchdogs, gta etc in my opinion.

20150519_010447_1.jpg

20150519_005406_1.jpg

20150519_001618_1.jpg

20150519_002145_1_1.jpg

20150519_001425_1.jpg

20150519_001257_1.jpg

Only played an hour so far, having a hard time getting time to play without interruptuon before kids have gone to bed. I have to say, despite the change in tone of the graphics and atmosphere, the game still looks gorgeous on PC as is.

My GTX970 seems to be holding up well with pretty much everything at Ultra on 1080p.

I got an HD7950

Running it on Medium Graphics preset with High Post Processing.

Locked at 30 with no dips, Without it locked to 30 it hovers between 39 and 43 which seems stuttery.

OWQlB5N.png

I2MazxN.png

OlCMhFF.png

The only noticible issue I have is everything seems to have this bright orange glow. I'm guessing it's a time of day thing, because I meditated till about 9 AM and wasn't as bad.

Still for an i5 3570k, 8GB of Ram, and an HD7950 the game looks great and runs at a solid 30 FPS, and this is a mix of medium detail at high post process.

Those shots are MEDIUM??

bounchfx

The lock on mechanic seems pretty broken...anybody else having this issue? I can't consistently get him to lock onto the enemy I want. I'll probably just play the game without locking on...

are you using gamepad or keyboard/m?

I know with game pad, once you lock on with R-stick-click, if you press left or right on it, it will move your lockon to the target in that direction. It's a great feature i'm glad they added since witcher 2, but I imagine it would be confusing if you don't know it's doing that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom