• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzi

Yes you can simulate a Witcher 2 world state via 6 decisions decided through a converstation at some point in the game. See my previous post.

Sorry, should have been more clear. What I was wondering was if there was a way to go into the game without choosing from those decisions. A sort of clean slate mode, so I don't have to make decisions based on the previous games I haven't played.

Two things.

First: mouse + Kb control scheme is TERRIBLE. Thank god I got X360 gamepad.

Second: what is 'simulate Witcher 2 choices'? Do I select it or not if I want to have that conversation in game regarding my choices from the second game?

Ah, I think this answers my question actually. So the game lets you continue without actually having to simulate your past decisions?

charsace

Playing on windows 10 with a NVidia 970m. Witcher drivers aren't available for windows 10 yet. :(

Right now I play with a mixture of high and ultra with HBAO and hairworks with an fps of 28-35. Haven't hit a big town yet. The game looks fucking great. And the battle system feels way better than the other games and better than Skyrim.

Nokterian

PC version is beautiful had to lower some stuff and put nvidia hairworks out since my 780 can't pull it together but using unlimited framerates with borderless windowed with variable v-sync also put out motion blur,chromatic aberration and it runs butter smooth.

The atmosphere just sucks you in.

Dead

well not really...yet
Gtx 980 and gsync

Playing at max settings on everything and its smooth as butter

Game is gorgeous

Watching a high quality stream of the Ps4 version but didn't know it was the Ps4 version at first. Looks fantastic and very smooth framerate wise

Can't wait to play Thursday when it comes in from gamefly

So did this launch kill GAF?

I feel lucky that the forum was down while I was picking up my copy. Didn't get so far behind.

Anyone got any reports on how this runs on AMD cards?

Looks like platinum is achievable in one play through. Looks like it will be a fun platinum, though a very long one....I hate the level cap though. Plan on playing on death march mode. But, if i hit the cap before completing all quest, what would be the point of playing the rest of them.

It's fun?

Two things.

First: mouse + Kb control scheme is TERRIBLE. Thank god I got X360 gamepad.

I'm playing M/Kb and it's great.

brehs does this game import savefiles? i only have the iorveth one on my computer (scust) so I may download a roche one if it does. need to know before i start the game....

oh and gamepad or kb/m? i enjoyed the mouse/keyboard controls for witcher 2...

woen

Finished the prologue.

I did most of the sidequests and discovered most of the interest points. I hope I can go back later to finish this part (which is not that interesting though).

The horse is not fit to this open world. Even on road it is a mess...and I won't talk about when you try to go through a forest. Better walk.

I like to fight humans the most, even though I didn't catch yet the right timing to counter. Also I really like magic (fire lvl 3!). It can get pretty hard when you have 5 humans against you. You can't play like Bloodborne no more !

Menus are a real mess, so is the UI. I only left the health/stamina bar. I don't want to use the mini-map but still they designed the game with it it's going to be really hard to avoid using it, it's really hard to get directions without it (i.e. even North/South!).

Everything else is great. The story doesn't seem that interesting but the dialogues and the universe and the characters are deep and you always want more. It's well written and you really feel the world you live in — despite some errors in the open world building.

Can't wait to go back but I have exams until friday, I won't play more than 1 o 2h per day.

witcher3_2015_05_18_1mls56.png

my first screenshot
downsampled
my
god
damn
DICK

it's said my driver crashed twiced so far on PC. Once during the first enemy encounter of the game and once during the next cutscene. Is this just me having problems?

Something about the game just doesn't look right either. I have everything maxed at a locked 30 fps. I have stuff phasing into view, objects with white dots all over them that go away after a bit...I don't know, it's just off

So how do I tell if I have the DLC installed?

Also it asks me if I want to simulate W2 save, if I want to pick my own should I say yes or no?

Lulubop

Dude moves hella janky, just fell off a fucking cliff also it's a pain in the ass picking up loot because he doesn't stop when the fuck I want him to. Good stuff other than that.

nataku

I just noticed my Amazon pre-order of the CE, which already shipped, isn't set to arrive until Wednesday. So much for release date delivery, Prime.

Audio is ace ... apart from a lipsync issue where the animations are about a second or so behind the dialog .. .anyone else get this?

MAX'd PC here with R9 280x .. no stutter issues and other characters seem to sync alright .. at times ...

Edit: Didnt have the Patch downloaded .. doh! Downloading now ...

Damn it looks great. However so annoying taking screen shots using fraps and it comes up with a dialog box telling me I've switched to keyboard and mouse! Ruining my shots!

OmegaDL50

What card? I have a 680 and I'm wondering what settings I should look for

I got an HD7950

Running it on Medium Graphics preset with High Post Processing.

Locked at 30 with no dips, Without it locked to 30 it hovers between 39 and 43 which seems stuttery.

OWQlB5N.png

I2MazxN.png

OlCMhFF.png

The only noticible issue I have is everything seems to have this bright orange glow. I'm guessing it's a time of day thing, because I meditated till about 9 AM and wasn't as bad.

Still for an i5 3570k, 8GB of Ram, and an HD7950 the game looks great and runs at a solid 30 FPS, and this is a mix of medium detail at high post process.

Really annoyed that there's no way to pick a button to cast each sign. You can only bind a key to select a sign, and then hit Q to cast it. Why on earth do I need two button presses to do the work of one?

Bout to pick this up! Quick, should I get Xbox or PS4.

Prefer Xbox l controller/achievements. greatly, have a load of available space on Xbox as well.

Rom1944

The game is awesome glad i finished witcher 2 a month ago the combat is much better this time i really like the dodge instead of only rolling like a madman.
Gog galaxy need some fine tuning is totally lacking of a lot of features like i don´t know if i have the dlc installed or not.

Does anybody knows if the second part of the interactive comic is going to be released?

gdt

GMG sent me a blank email with no key haha. People are furious over it.

But apparently keys are popping up in libraries....still not for me though. Sigh....will have to wait till tomorrow, gotta be up at 4:30 am.

When is the Witcher 2
dialogue thing
supposed to happen btw? Not sure if choosing 'simulate' was the right option and don't wanna go further if I was supposed to choose the opposite option.

OmegaDL50

Oh yeah just for hell of it I tried to run the game at high.

NOPE!

Everything was like 18fps and the worst drop hitting 10fps.

Looks like Medium Graphics and High Post Process is going to be a thing until I either get a new GPU or do a total rebuild like I intend to in by the end of 2016.

Just started and Kaer Morhen looks gorgeous.

Just the first two side quests I started
The Devil By The Well and Twisted Firestarter
give me an amazing sense of the state of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom