• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
First impressions are positive, game looks incredible in my opinion (shame my pictures aren't) definitely the best open world game so far on the ps4. Looks better than assassins creed, watchdogs, gta etc in my opinion.

20150519_010447_1.jpg

20150519_005406_1.jpg

20150519_001618_1.jpg

20150519_002145_1_1.jpg

20150519_001425_1.jpg

20150519_001257_1.jpg

OLED brag shots

Trying to use a Witcher 2 save file but its straight up chaos navigating this list. At least just show use the ending saves.

Can I make every key decision using the system they set up or no?

JaddF

Neo Member
Some early screenshots + all menus settings:

http://imgur.com/a/2zza1#0

| 24x7-> | HAF922 | Asus P8Z77V-PRO | i7 3770K | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB @1600 | Sapphire 7950 3GB Dual-X |
| Intel 520S SSD 120G + WD Black 2x2TB RAID0 + WD Black 640G | Chieftec APS-650C (650W) |
| Dell U2414H | Logitech G19 | Logitech G500 | Logitech z523 | Sony MDR-XB500 |

OCD Guy

Anyone else not have a fricckin clue what's going on in the card game (gwent)?

I was just picking random cards with no clue whatsoever....

*chooses import Witcher 2 save, is given hundreds of options*
DAMN YOU WITCHER 2 AUTOSAVING

There is zero way of knowing which save is end game complete as I've finished the game multiple times across the years. Terrible system, could import an endgame save, a game complete save, or a save from the first chapter. Brilliant!

Xeteh

I've been playing since it unlocked. I was worried that it wouldn't run well with my 7870 being the minimum requirement. I haven't got in to anything too action heavy yet but so far it runs really well, granted all the textures are turned down. I'll take that over not playing it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone else not have a fricckin clue what's going on in the card game (gwent)?

I was just picking random cards with no clue whatsoever....

Don't waste all your cards in 1 round, focus on one part, so cc, ranged or siege and try and use weather cards to fuck up their card points, pass the round when youre confident you'll have a higher score even if they play another card that round

Died 3 times to the first encounter and lowered it 1. Probably give it another go when I get use to the combat, but don't want to have to redo a lot of things on my first playthrough.

We've played Bloodborne, difficulty shouldn't be a problem! Nah, I just started Death March so we'll see how this goes.

witness

Can't get through my A+ cert test early enough tomorrow, picking up my copy from best buy, grabbing lunch, and playing all afternoon until the wife comes home.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Sorry, I wasn't sure how to post screenshots. Don't worry I won't post anymore lol

is this the pc version with ps4 button inputs or the ps4 version? if the latter why didn't you just use the built-in screenshot thingie lol. or did you care too much about compression? :)

OCD Guy

Don't waste all your cards in 1 round, focus on one part, so cc, ranged or siege and try and use weather cards to fuck up their card points, pass the round when youre confident you'll have a higher score even if they play another card that round

Thanks. I did wonder whether to stick with one type of combat but I was just mixing it up.

There seems to be so much to do in this game.

No regrets so far.

lol best pics ever

seriously i am dying here

Phazon

For those who can't start the Steam version because of missing exe error. You likely have a Russian key. Set steam interface/language to Russian and it works

OCD Guy

is this the pc version with ps4 button inputs or the ps4 version? if the latter why didn't you just use the built-in screenshot thingie lol. or did you care too much about compression? :)

Nah I don't care about compression, even a compressed screenshot would look much better than my crappy pictures.

I've not used the screenshot before really and don't have facebook/twitter etc to upload to. Also didn't have a usb stick to hand so not sure how I'd get it to my pc.

Serandur

Question for other GOG version owners: Does GOG Galaxy have a screenshot function? I've tried adding TW3 to Steam as a non-Steam game, but the Steam overlay refuses to work.

Reebot

This game is off the chain, can't believe how it turned out.

It really feels like what Witcher 1 wanted to be, revisited with the lessons from Witcher 2. As much as I love the second game it definitely lost quite a bit of physical scope for most of the game; thats immediately reintroduced here in only the first area, which feels like a grounded, real small village besieged by war.

Cutscenes also are a huge step up. The choreography and the cinematography both get much more refinement here, and the writing has a more natural flow.

Drazgul

3:45 AM here and I'm still playing, hah... haven't done an all-nighter in a while!

I imported my W2 save in the beginning, but it doesn't seem like you get any gear this time around? Or does that happen later at some point?

Helmholtz

Liking the game a lot so far. Can already tell I'll probably consider it to be a major improvement on the second game.
I've had two hard crashes on the PC version though, requiring me to kill it in task manager.
This game is off the chain, can't believe how it turned out.
It really feels like what Witcher 1 wanted to be, revisited with the lessons from Witcher 2.
Good way to describe it. I definitely get a lot of Witcher 1 vibes that were missing from the second game, which is a good thing. Like a much more current/polished/impressive take on the first game.

Parsnip

There is zero way of knowing which save is end game complete as I've finished the game multiple times across the years. Terrible system, could import an endgame save, a game complete save, or a save from the first chapter. Brilliant!

Yup. Currently installing W2 to check which save I actually want.

ThisOne

Jesus, Gamestop trying to make that money. "Would you like the strategy guide for the game? It's a very long game so you want to make sure you don't miss anything. Oh, by the way, there's going to be two 30-hour expansions. Would you like to buy the season pass for that? Oh, last thing, you're going to be playing this game a lot so I suggest you buy the $3 disc protection."

No, no, and no. I mean, I get it, but it's still pretty annoying and if I start to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable it lowers the chance that I'll buy games from there in the future. Either way, glad they were selling it early.

Same issue here. Took a random guess and I have no idea what I chose. Only way to know for sure is restarting the game at a save near the end and finishing it today and use this date's lol

Gonna restart and pick my decisions.

Jobbs

Banned
I preordered at GMG for the cool 30% off. 30% is nice, but the catch is you don't actually get the game. XD Got a key email but with no key in it.

Filled out support ticket. Won't PO from GMG again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom