• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for asking something that's probably going to be asked to death, but how is the Death March mode so far? I'm admittedly a silly little trophy hunter and I was wondering if I should bother seeking the Death March one or not :p

My biggest issues thus far are the text size, not being able to pause cutscenes, and not having an overall HUD on/off toggle when you want a quickscreenshot without having to deal with everything seperately. The cutscenes are occasionally choppy and skip bits of dialogue as well, but that's like every open world RPG ever created. Geralt is also a bit too unresponsive at times, almost feels like a Rockstar protagonist just trying to get him to make quick small moves.

Lots of fun so far though. Amazing atmosphere.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I thought I might be turned off by the clunky feel, I was right. :( Oh well. It's pretty. lol

gunner13

Neo Member
Jesus, Gamestop trying to make that money. "Would you like the strategy guide for the game? It's a very long game so you want to make sure you don't miss anything. Oh, by the way, there's going to be two 30-hour expansions. Would you like to buy the season pass for that? Oh, last thing, you're going to be playing this game a lot so I suggest you buy the $3 disc protection."

No, no, and no. I mean, I get it, but it's still pretty annoying and if I start to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable it lowers the chance that I'll buy games from there in the future. Either way, glad they were selling it early.

Digital is your friend

GameStop = A trying experience when your trying to have fun buying something you enjoy.

Helznicht

I never downloaded any patch from GOG. Foliage looks....bad. How can I check my version? Can someone tell me what the patched version # is? Did anybody get any patch notes with it?

PS4 owners who have already played the game: how is the performance on PS4? Have they released the day 1 patch? Does it fix the technical issues? thnx

Haven't met him yet, but did they change Dandelion's voice actor? Loading a save has someone talking and calling themselves a bard with a way deeper voice. Someone else?

Game looks pretty great on Xbox

Screenshot-Original.png

bounchfx

I think that's because of the frame rate to be honest.

It has nothing to do with the frame rate.

It's definitely similar to GTA but not as bad. It bothers me a tad but not nearly enough to impact my perception of the game overall. It simply means don't expect to be able to turn around on a dime

drotahorror

Is there any way to see what cards you own for the Gwent game? I think I got a new card for beating that first dude but I can't find it in my inventory.

Dragoshi1

On PS4 here, had a crash during the Gwent tutorial, avoided it on reboot.

This game is holy balls amazing. So much detail and DAT INCOMING STORM EFFECT, WOW.

Tunin

No crashes whatsoever here, played for about two hours and loved every second of it (PC: i7 3770 + 760)

Man, the RDR vibe is way too strong and it is GOOD. Too bad I gotta go to work tomorrow, otherwise I would easily slip more 3 or 4 hours into it.

Way to go CDPR, what a game!

BraXzy

It's awesome when you tweak all the settings and then leave the game, go back into it and the game has updated so all of my settings have reset QQ

Cartoons

Banned
And I'm still rocking that Blue Stripes tattoo on my neck, which looks a little faded now, nice touch. I wear it with shame, a constant reminder of my failure to get with Ves. Perhaps I can redeem myself sometime in Witcher 3...

Did I spend over half an hour watching Witcher 2: EE's credits for an importable autosave properly reflecting my choices?
Yes... yes, I did.

Coketruck

No crashes whatsoever here, played for about two hours and loved every second of it (PC: i7 3770 + 760)

Man, the RDR vibe is way too strong and it is GOOD. Too bad I gotta go to work tomorrow, otherwise I would easily slip more 3 or 4 hours into it.

Way to go CDPR, what a game!

Just what I want to hear. I haven't had a game grab me like RDR did since... Well, RDR. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Just came here to see if anyone else is having problems on PS4.

Just got to the first Inn and crashed, won't even let me dashboard to close application it's just locked everything up on a loading screen, was going to pull the plug on the PS4 but thought I would check here first incase there is a better way as I don't want to risk damage to my PS4.

aravuus

I think the Witcher 3 excitement and the upcoming 9am job interview nervousness got to me, got like an hour or two of sleep last night. Well, this night, it's still only 4:20am (har har).

Probably gonna fuck up the interview, but there's always a silver lining I guess, at least I get to play Witcher 3 for a couple of hours before it lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Its funny, depending on lighting or angle it looks like a steel blade or cyclops laser

Godan

Running at 1080p with everything maxed out but hairworks off and getting a nice 60fps during game play with a 980 only notice fps drops in some cut scenes.

Game just crashed there for me though not too sure why.

I thought I might be turned off by the clunky feel, I was right. :( Oh well. It's pretty. lol

Yeah. Movement is a little janky - which is classic Witcher I guess. Graphics aren't living up to the hype either, imo, on a 970 with High settings.

Game seems pretty alright so far though.

Did you play through the game you mean or can you watch the credits and make choices there?

I had a save before the final encounter (from 2013!), but nothing afterwards when a critical decision is saved. So I had to do it again and then watch the credits for the autosave to stick. Or at least that's what it seemed to say.

A.Romero

My steam preload is stuck at 94%. What the heck am I supposed to do?

Same here.

Restarted steam, cleaned HDD, etc.

I found a few other people online with the same issue (reddit and steam forums).

I don't think it's server load, too much coincidence to have more than one person stuck at the same point.

So I gotta ask, how is the ps4 version? I'm very tempted to pick it up.

I've been playing for two hours now and like it a lot. Performance wise, it looks and runs about as well as Witcher 2 did on my outdated PC, which is good but not great.

Voice acting and cut scenes are great. Combat is simplified but fun. I dig it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom