• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just ask once more for the new page, after this I'll leave it alone:

Guys, should I get it for PS4 or PC?

My PC specs: i7-4770K(not OC'd), HD 7870 GPU, 16GB RAM, Windows 8.1

How much better will it look on PC compared to PS4?

Shahadan

Jesus, Gamestop trying to make that money. "Would you like the strategy guide for the game? It's a very long game so you want to make sure you don't miss anything. Oh, by the way, there's going to be two 30-hour expansions. Would you like to buy the season pass for that? Oh, last thing, you're going to be playing this game a lot so I suggest you buy the $3 disc protection."

No, no, and no. I mean, I get it, but it's still pretty annoying and if I start to feel embarrassed or uncomfortable it lowers the chance that I'll buy games from there in the future. Either way, glad they were selling it early.

...do they really sell a disc protection?

skelekey

I played the Witcher 2 on my 670 a few years back so, I am noticing things like reduced framerate for myself while playing on PS4. There are flat textures everywhere. and some aliasing. I'm only just past the combat tutorial though so maybe this isn't so prevalent in the main game. That aside the game is beautiful when looking out across the vast expanse. The combat is a noticable improvement and also very good and intuitive. Signs could've been somewhat better adapted to the controller (not really a fan of bringing up a menu) but it works. It seems like a good game so far. I'm really thinking of upgrading my rig though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Nah I don't care about compression, even a compressed screenshot would look much better than my crappy pictures.

I've not used the screenshot before really and don't have facebook/twitter etc to upload to. Also didn't have a usb stick to hand so not sure how I'd get it to my pc.

gotcha. btw we're just messing with ya. lol

although it kind of reminded me of those off-screen photos that people keep photoshopping for faked leaked games :D

OCD Guy

I played the Witcher 2 on my 670 a few years back so, I am noticing things like reduced framerate for myself while playing on PS4. There are flat textures everywhere. and some aliasing. I'm only just past the combat tutorial though so maybe this isn't so prevalent in the main game. That aside the game is beautiful when looking out across the vast expanse. The combat is a noticable improvement and also very good and intuitive. Signs could've been somewhat better adapted to the controller (not really a fan of bringing up a menu) but it works. It seems like a good game so far. I'm really thinking of upgrading my rig though.

Yeah the framerate dips have definitely been noticeable for me (even in a couple of cut scenes) and yeah on close inspection a few dodgy textures, but in motion with the lighting etc it looks impressive, especially compared to other open world games on the consoles.

Violater

is this the pc version with ps4 button inputs or the ps4 version? if the latter why didn't you just use the built-in screenshot thingie lol. or did you care too much about compression? :)

Are you trying to kill me?
KuGsj.gif

Khayam

Banned
Can someone confirm this? I asked about this earlier in the thread and never got a reply. It'd be a relief to hear that the game does have a default mode for people who have no prior Witcher experience.

I can confirm it to you. When you select New Game on PS4, it asks you if you want to have that conversation or if you want to skip it. Select "No" to skip it have a default World State and that's it.

Wow I just impulse bought this. Was totally gonna wait too, but then I saw it was discounted on PSN and said wtf might as well.

Now I wait with the rest of you. Hope you can actually play a bit with just the initial 9 gig DL since PSN is being slow as shit for me atm.

There was a discount ? When ? I bought the game yesterday on PSN at 65€.

Red Hood

Banned
I'm not liking the Witcher Sense in this one, it gives me a somewhat nauseous feeling. Hope we don't use it a lot in the main story, and I'll skip the side quests where it's used often. I much rather preferred the "scanning" one from TW2 with cool downs. Anyway, otherwise TW3 starts off good. Almost three hours in now and I haven't done shit, just the way I like it.

Majukun

These mountains, man.
Runs at 60fps without hairworks but with near everything set to ultra on my GTX970.
Well done, CD Projekt, well done.

wow really?maybe i need to disable hairworks..it's cool,but the framerate fluctuates between 60 and 50 (45 on certain cutscenes)..and i didn't even set everything to ultra like you

Pop

So this game kicks ass. Fucking awesome.

Runs pretty darn good on my R9 280. 1080p with everything at high/ultra @ 50-60fps. I'm pleasantly surprised.

PreFire

So GAF is back up. I stopped trying after 20 minutes at 7

Anyway, loving the game. How do I get the 16 free DLCs (from that red paper in the case)?

Or is that not available yet?

iNvid02

i dont know what you lazy bastards have been up to but im 15 minutes in and already slayed the monster that was terrorising the first village

pm me if you need any tips on how to kill it quickly it can be tricky

are you using gamepad or keyboard/m?

I know with game pad, once you lock on with R-stick-click, if you press left or right on it, it will move your lockon to the target in that direction. It's a great feature i'm glad they added since witcher 2, but I imagine it would be confusing if you don't know it's doing that

Hm, that sounds similar to Souls lockon, which typically works well. I'm using Keyboard and Mouse currently, but may switch to controller if it seems better.

Speaking of, how do you get the DS4 to work with the game? I heard it's supposed to support it natively, but the game doesn't seem to detect it (but detects my 360 controller just fine).

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
No idea why I copped this when I still have Bloodborne to finish. It's really solid so far; the pacing has been on point--and of course, it's pretty as hell. On combat: it already feels better to me compared to Witcher 2, and this just from the tutorial and a brief ghoul fight.

Lexad

Holy Shiz. The manufactuer is letting GameStop sell the game now because of the early digital release. I live on the pacific coast and went in at 6 to finalize my order. They gave me the game instead

ViciousDS

Banned
Too much stuff......omg my life is fucking ruined! Toovmuch shhhhhhiiiittttteeeeee.

BTW dwarf smith is my favorite run in so far....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom