• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Call me stupid but I haven't tried using my DS4 on PC yet.. Does it not work plug and play?

What's the best way to set this up?

I think the Witcher 3 excitement and the upcoming 9am job interview nervousness got to me, got like an hour or two of sleep last night. Well, this night, it's still only 4:20am (har har).

Probably gonna fuck up the interview, but there's always a silver lining I guess, at least I get to play Witcher 3 for a couple of hours before it lol

go to bed. Go to interview. then treat yourself with all fucking day of Witcher 3. Your heart will be at ease and you would have deserved it

bodine1231

Man Geralt moves too damn fast. It was hard controlling him when I was racing the little girl and after the first ghoul fight to get on the horse.

vall03

Uh, my PS4 fan is really loud when playing the game. Never experienced this on my other games, although I only have Resogun and some demos. Is this normal? It's like its blowing hot air like mad, I don't have a permanent set-up so its placed in an open area.

Orca

The only thing I wish this game had was an option under Display Setup to quickly switch between Full HUD, Limited HUD, and No HUD.

bounchfx

question about equipment: whenever I go to put on something with better stats, sometimes theres a red -# with a hammer or something next to one of the stats. What does this mean? when I equip it, then compare backwards, theres no +# of the same stat... what is this?

Uh, my PS4 fan is really loud when playing the game. Never experienced this on my other games, although I only have Resogun and some demos. Is this normal? It's like its blowing hot air like mad, I don't have a permanent set-up so its placed in an open area.

If I remember correctly, that's normal.

BumRush

It can be a fairly loud system, especially with taxing games. Best suggestion (unfortunately) wear headphones.

Is there any kind of item storage or am I limited to whatever I can carry?

You can store items on the horse.
Other than that, I'm not sure. Perhaps there'll be a storage.

I've got a

660TI 2GB VRAM
4770K Clocked at 3.5GHZ
8GB RAM

Should I get this on PC or PS4?

My 6-year-old PC with AMD cpu and gpu combo runs the Witcher 3 on ultra (w/o hairworks) at 1080p 35 fps.

AMD PhenomII x4 955 BE 3,2Ghz
AMD HD 7870 Ghz edition 2Gb
Memory 8Gb

I'm pretty sure ultra settings on PC is better than PS4 settings, and you get about the same performance. So I'd say go for the PC.

when does patch 1.02 drop? I'm assuming that's the actual day 1 patch, as its supposed to have the DLC in it

Day 1 patch is 1.02.
The file name is 1.01 patch, but after installed, the game is showing 1.02 version in-game.

question about equipment: whenever I go to put on something with better stats, sometimes theres a red -# with a hammer or something next to one of the stats. What does this mean? when I equip it, then compare backwards, theres no +# of the same stat... what is this?

the red number indicates degradation. You just need to repair it to get it to full strength.

Haven't booted it up yet, but at what point does it ask you for your W2 save?

also, I need to figure out how the hell to get my witcher 2 steam cloud save

anddo0

Guys, what difficulty should I choose?

"Blood and Broken Bones!" IMO.. Challenging without the frustration.

"Death March" is hard as nails, if you want to spend hours dying to what would other wise be trash mobs, by all means play "Death Match".. Even the devs got their arse handed to them on that setting.

Striek

Just got home from work, is there a comprehensive overview of the difficulty levels? I played the first two on the highest, but want to know what I'm getting into regardless...

"Blood and Broken Bones!" IMO.. Challenging without the frustration.

"Death March" is hard as nails, if you want to spend hours dying to what would other wise be trash mobs, by all means play "Death Match".. Even the devs got their arse handed to them on that setting.

I am curious when we're going to see a Death March run with Geralt in his underwear only fighting with a blackjack or something.

Klyka

Banned
I clicked "simulate Witcher 2 save = yes" wasn't this supposed to give me the ability to choose stuff I did in witcher 2? Did I have to choose "no"?

Is there any inventory weight limit in this? I keep skipping over items I think I won't need yet and I'm wondering if I could have taken them now.

There is, but I generally found it to not be so bad. When you get hefty, you can just sell off extra weapons and crafting materials. Look for bigger saddlebags to hold more too.

CrazyDude

Come across a glitch that makes the water filled with black pixels.
cJQyvQr.jpg

Corpsepyre

Banned
I played a little of Witcher 2 sometime back, but didn't go far. Playing this now, and it's really daunting. I don't normally play RPGs, so everything is super-intimidating right now. So much to do, so many areas to explore. I guess this is what happens when one goes from linear games to something like this.

Gonna take my sweet time with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom