• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Finally did a contract that had somewhat of a happy ending. I'm sure I'll find them hanged in a few hours.

Death March doesn't feel as punishing as dark mode did. Been finding it manageable, though I'm definitely relying on Quen to not get two-shot so much.

that's what I thought. but I don't understand why it shows that for only one weapon, especially if the other weapon is at less wear %

yeah, i don't know all the nuances for the system. Maybe it's a percentage of the full strength, maybe it's just because that sword's been sitting out in the rain for years.

TheRed

This game, is so good.
Still struggling with the thought of limiting to 30 fps to have hairworks on my 970, but 60 fps is too nice.
17655185059_b47cc8678c_o.png

17815144146_b2c842c057_o.png

The 30fps cutscene drops almost makes me want to cap it there :/
^This is true, maybe I will end up doing it.

f@luS

More than a member.
3h so far on ps4. Frame rate is ok. Game is good looking. Not gorgeous but because of the scope it's an amazing achievement

I'm a bit disappointed with animation and collision. I don't play pc game no more yet it feels like old games with collision issues

Though it's amazing and very fun

Courage

Finally did a contract that had somewhat of a happy ending. I'm sure I'll find them hanged in a few hours.

Death March doesn't feel as punishing as dark mode did. Been finding it manageable, though I'm definitely relying on Quen to not get two-shot so much.
Yeah, Quen is a godsend. Especially when you upgrade it and it starts damaging other enemies when you get hit.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've managed to watch very little footage of this game leading up to release, despite being a megafan of the series. I've barely even read text-based impressions. So it kinda has creeped up on me, but now that I'm actually playing it I've realized just how exciting it is to have a new Witcher game to lose myself in. Especially with a huge open world to experience. This is cool. 🙌🏻

epmode

Other than a few things like leather straps that you use a lot of, you probably don't need more than 12 - 15 of any single item at a time.

That's true. But there are so many different ingredients, I'd like to just be able to grab all of the crafting garbage around without having to remember how much I have of each. So long as they restrict when you can actually craft and how many items you can equip, it wouldn't affect balance too badly.

aravuus

go to bed. Go to interview. then treat yourself with all fucking day of Witcher 3. Your heart will be at ease and you would have deserved it

Eh, I had been wide awake for a couple of hours by the time I posted that so I figured that if I'm not gonna get any more sleep this night, I might as well do something fun rather than stare at the ceiling. This is nothing new to me.

I'm not gonna fuck it up, anyway. I'm gonna ace the shit out of it, with the power of coffee!

RS4-

Fuck, getting motion sickness from playing the ps4 version.

edit - oh yeah, had one crash when I pushed triangle to skip my turn in the card game.

Dead

well not really...yet
So uuummmm

Is it just me or does Hair Works look worse and less natural than the standard hair?

Turning off Hairworks gets me 55-60FPS on 1440p at Max settings, and right now im not seeing how its worth dropping to 30-40FPS

Got a question
currently doing the griffin mission, when does the questions about the previous games occur?
Edit: lol same question as above^^

BraXzy

This is irritating. I want to use my DS4 on PC but to do that I have to emulate it as an Xbox 360 controller but then all of the prompts are X360 obviously.. So X is coming up and what I actually need to be pressing is Square. Super annoying.

Is there a way to set this up properly? :/

varkuriru

Played for an hour or so and it is pretty great. Managed to take down some bandits that were a couple of levels higher than me. The dodging and rolling feels way better than witcher 2.

Art direction is awesome - it looks pretty even when playing in low settings.

PreFire

How's this game when you resume off rest mode on ps4?

Had to step out, and just put it in rest mode myself.. Interested how the gameplay is effected if at all when resuming. Any added lag and does it leave right where you left off?

Cj01

Help guys! I'm loving the Witcher 3 I just passed the area where you go to a bar and talk some of the town folk right after encountering the griffen.
This is the first time I play any kind of game like this. I usually play shooters like COD and Halo. How do you guys not get so overwhelmed with everything. I mean I have the combat down but the inventory part and the branching skills is so complexed.

Some things I notice after about 3 hours (PS4 version):

• The text is tiny. Way too small. What were they thinking?
  • Character movement feels really janky. It does feel kind of like GTA, and I don't mean that in a good way.
  • The horse sucks. Sometimes it doesn't come when I whistle. It definitely refuses to cross bridges sometimes. It will get to a bridge and just stop. I have to get off the horse, move forward a few steps onto the bridge, then call the horse onto the bridge, remount it, and then continue.
  • The music is good. But I've already been listening to the same ambient track for quite a while and it's already getting old.
There are a lot of good things but the annoyances are outweighing them so far.

matthieuC

Help guys! I'm loving the Witcher 3 I just passed the area where you go to a bar and talk some of the town folk right after encountering the griffen.
This is the first time I play any kind of game like this. I usually play shooters like COD and Halo. How do you guys not get so overwhelmed with everything. I mean I have the combat down but the inventory part and the branching skills is so complexed.
I know what you mean, it really can be overwhelming. Just keep playing and experimenting and you will learn it all with time, I guarantee you.

CSX

Just failed a quest because the horse didn't come on time after whistling.

Fuck this horse. Patch to have horse just teleport behind you when whistling pleaseeee

Salaadin

You just take it slow. There's lots to do focus on but it all just sort if comes together as you play

psychotron

Played about two hours on PS4. Impressions go from OMG!! to damn it!! Lol.

+Gorgeous
+Voice acting
+music and sound effects

-Geralt controls like shit. Moving the stick, there's a big delay between him standing still and finally moving. Then when he does move he usually takes off running too fast. It's really heavy.

-Glitches. Game crashed during Gwent, cutscenes have been choppy in some spots.

Then there's this.....

https://youtu.be/hq-s8toFCKA

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Just keep at it and you'll become familiar with everything through actually playing. There is a definite learning curve but they spell out a lot with the tutorial hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom