• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

catmario

vczKR5C.jpg

It's happening!!!! :D

I'm not excusing TW3 by saying this, but this is a problem with almost the entire gen so far.

Seriously devs, this needs to be fixed. All of you. Stop making the text so tiny and unreadable. At the least, give me some options to edit the settings.

Every time I have this complaint, which is like 95% of non-Nintendo titles, all I can think is that there's never a point in the development of the game that the devs bothered to test it from > 3 feet away. They probably barely test it beyond monitor/desk lengths.

BLunted

Banned
I'm on PC and my volume is incredibly low. I can't figure out how to fix it. I checked the mixer and it's maxed...

Click on you speaker icon in the system tray, then click your speakers/headphones icon above the volume slider, this should bring up the properties, then select the enhancements tab and put a checkmark in Loudness Equalization. Apply then save. It should raise the game audio for you.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Thanks!

Gotta say, this game runs REALLY well on my R9 270, like I can set most things to Ultra and it MAY not be 60fps (though it feels close), it looks stunning.

Wow, i have a R9 280 so this makes me happy. What CPU and ammount of memory? (im downloading the game right now, GMG codes were released @ 7pm EST so no preload :( )

Juanfp

The stuttering in the Xbox version is really annoying, I hope that CDPR fix that soon, but what I am getting really angry is the very tiny text (in the menus and shops) I can barely read, they need to fix that also.

ufo8mycat

Started playing on the 'Bloodmarch' on the first fight. Wow it is brutal. I turned it down to 'Blood & Broken Bones' and it seemed the perfect setting

But i was just wondering once I get use to the combat, would Bloodmarch be better. I don't want it to become too easy. Just wondering if 'Blood & Broken Bones' will still hold up in difficulty once I get use to the combat/level up.

Anyone played a bit with both can give suggestions?

PreFire

The stuttering in the Xbox version is really annoying, I hope that CDPR fix that soon, but what I am getting really angry is the very tiny text (in the menus and shops) I can barely read, they need to fix that also.

The text is fine on mine and I sit pretty far from my tv. Then again I have pretty much eagle sight lol (15/20 vision) tbh I haven't noticed the text being small, at all.. Even the subtitles of people who are in the background.

Some of you guys may need glasses

Juanfp

The text is fine on mine and I sit pretty far from my tv. Then again I have pretty much eagle sight lol (15/20 vision) tbh I haven't noticed the text being small, at all.. Even the subtitles of people who are in the background.

Some of you guys may need glasses

I use glasses, and yet is very small.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
3.5 hours on PC with no crashes on an AMD 290X.

I've been doing bulletin board missions and just wandering around. Found a bandit camp and while fighting I pulled a Dark Souls move and jumped back off the ledge and died.

As for difficulty I'm playing on blood and broken bones and after completed I'll replay on Death March or if blood become to easy.

Anung

Un Rama
I've been playing this on PS4 none stop since early sunday morning and it feels like I've hardly done anything. This world is so massive and has so much to do in it.

Wag

Damn, game is deep. I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just running around doing random shit. I haven't even hit the main quests or crafted anything yet. Still lvl 1. Been playing for 3hrs. lol.

When starting the game I selected to simulate a TW2 save, do I still get to choose at some point what I did last game or does it just randomise it?

Does selecting no give you a quiz or something to fill out?

I changed to PS4 from PC so I'd kinda like the big decisions to still be what I chose :)

Click on you speaker icon in the system tray, then click your speakers/headphones icon above the volume slider, this should bring up the properties, then select the enhancements tab and put a checkmark in Loudness Equalization. Apply then save. It should raise the game audio for you.

Thanks! But it seems to have fixed itself. That or the intro is much quieter than the rest of the game.

I can't take this. I keep stopping every few seconds to get every ingredient I see. This has been a problem since Witcher 1 for me!

Here's how I think of it... Would Geralt really pick everything he senses around him? Or would he pick what he needed and move on?

It might sound dumb, but how do we use the torch exactly? Only option they give me is to equip the torch in one of them pocket slots, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it.

edit: nevermind, firgured it out. Had to equip it from the L1 select menu and then press R1.

Not sure i like the movement of Geralt walking. Seems really twitchy?
Have the same feeling too, feels sluggish, left analog isn't precise at all.

Corpekata

Banned
Guys what is the name of the last Autosave thats supposed to be imported from Witcher 2?

It'll likely just be your most recent autosave. I wanna say Asssasin of KIngs is what it defaults to but I'm not sure. If you load up Witcher 2 and load it it goes into the ending right away.

They don't really make it easy on you picking it out.

Just started and played about half an hour on the Xbox one, game looks really gorgeous and I'm already hooked on the story. The combat is awesome too. I agree with those that said the text for the menus and such is very small but the text for the captions is fine. I'm going to play with the options to see if I can change anything. Also in terms of stuttering, it's there but the game is quite playable. I was worried it would force me to wait for another update but I can deal with it quite fine until a patch comes hopefully soon.

TriGen

I played for 3 hours and I'm really loving it so far. I've just been going around the starter town doing quest (it seems I've done all the obvious ones at this point, cleaned out the board).

The only thing I'm curious about is, in 'White Orchard', did you guys have enough stuff to be making potions and getting weapons/armor made from schematics? I feel like I've been picking stuff up and have so far done all the quests I've seen, but I can't make anything with what I've got. Is 3 hours in too early to really be able to get into that stuff? Or am I missing something?

This game is far better than I even dare imagined. Playing that PC version and am amazed how well it runs on high settings on an AMD 4100 and R7 260X.

I'm just in the first town and am amazed at the dialogue and writing. I can tell this game is gonna be quite magical in more ways than one.

Drazgul

Looks like you can break sidequests at least if you do things in the wrong order. On this quest I managed to do some steps apart from their intended order and now can't finish the quest at all. Have an earlier save I can load to do it again, but still kinda lame they didn't take things like this into account.

Remember to use multiple save slots, and save often.

I played for 3 hours and I'm really loving it so far. I've just been going around the starter town doing quest (it seems I've done all the obvious ones at this point, cleaned out the board).

The only thing I'm curious about is, in 'White Orchard', did you guys have enough stuff to be making potions and getting weapons/armor made from schematic? I feel like I've been picking stuff up and have so far done all the quests I've seen, but I can't make anything with what I've got. Is 3 hours in too early to really be able to get into that stuff? Or am I missing something?

If you need specifics ones buy them from the herbalist.

Anung

Un Rama
Some of these comments about PS4 stuttering and crashing, coupled with GTA V movements are starting to give me a panic attack.

Don't worry about it. It's the kind of euro-jank you should expect. Especially considering the size of the world they are going for. I've not had much problems with stuttering and no crashes at all. The controls are mostly fine when out in the world but they do shit the bed whenever you are indoors. It isn't a game breaker.

Interesting on ps4 crashing and black water glitch. Been on xbox one for 4 hours no crashes, and minor audio glitch. That's all. Anyone on xbox one crash yet or see the black water?

NG28

Looks like you can break sidequests at least if you do things in the wrong order. On this quest I managed to do some steps apart from their intended order and now can't finish the quest at all. Have an earlier save I can load to do it again, but still kinda lame they didn't take things like this into account.

Remember to use multiple save slots, and save often.

Are you sure its broken? I thought I had broken it as well, but I wasn't checking the correct area.

ThisOne

PS4 version is pretty janky. Movement feels weird, there's quite a bit of stuttering too. This is my first Witcher game so maybe it will just take some getting used to. Feels much different than Bloodborne which I finished a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom