• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfang

Some things I notice after about 3 hours (PS4 version):

• The text is tiny. Way too small. What were they thinking?
  • Character movement feels really janky. It does feel kind of like GTA, and I don't mean that in a good way.
  • The horse sucks. Sometimes it doesn't come when I whistle. It definitely refuses to cross bridges sometimes. It will get to a bridge and just stop. I have to get off the horse, move forward a few steps onto the bridge, then call the horse onto the bridge, remount it, and then continue.
  • The music is good. But I've already been listening to the same ambient track for quite a while and it's already getting old.
There are a lot of good things but the annoyances are outweighing them so far.

Horse issues from this list is making me the most frustrated. Cutscene lag is following closely behind.

I'm not excusing TW3 by saying this, but this is a problem with almost the entire gen so far.

Seriously devs, this needs to be fixed. All of you. Stop making the text so tiny and unreadable. At the least, give me some options to edit the settings.

• Character movement feels really janky. It does feel kind of like GTA, and I don't mean that in a good way.
  • The horse sucks. Sometimes it doesn't come when I whistle. It definitely refuses to cross bridges sometimes. It will get to a bridge and just stop. I have to get off the horse, move forward a few steps onto the bridge, then call the horse onto the bridge, remount it, and then continue.
  • The music is good. But I've already been listening to the same ambient track for quite a while and it's already getting old.
There are a lot of good things but the annoyances are outweighing them so far.

The RDR comparisons just keep coming

artsi

I agree that Geralt moves like crap, movement needs to be more responsive.

Anyway the game's feeling good from the first hour I played. It's killing my GTX 780 though.

webkid94

There's a small piece of water divided from the rest by some ground, in front of some shit hanging from the roof or something like that. Dive there.

Thanks!

Gotta say, this game runs REALLY well on my R9 270, like I can set most things to Ultra and it MAY not be 60fps (though it feels close), it looks stunning.

Bluenoser

I laughed.

I am pretty impressed with the game so far on PS4. I wasn't expecting it to perform flawlessly or be 100% glitch free- I know better than that. So by tempering my expectations a bit I was able to appreciate what a beautiful, lifelike world CDPR created.

Just need to practice combat a bit though- pack of wolves almost killed me, then ran into a group of drowners that took me out (hard difficulty). I'm just not quick with deciding what I want to do yet, so I need to get better reflexes.

So weird to see the bushes disappear around you as you fight enemies like wolves though. On the one hand it breaks the immersion, but it helps to actually see them, so I guess it was probably a design choice.

Oh those stupid gamestop people, lol I was in there tonight looking for something else, and I heard the gamestop clerk talking to a customer. The clerk was trying to sell him Witcher 3, and the guy said he already bought one a cheaper PC code from someone online who had a nvidia code. The clerk started lying how they were banning people who bought those codes online.

So my Witcher 2 save was lost to the digital ether a while back.

When does the thing where you can choose what paths you took happen?

I think I might have chosen the wrong option when I started the game. When it said "Simulate Witcher 2 Save" I clicked YES, should have I done NO instead? Did YES mean it simulated it automatically?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Oh shit wait, if I wanted to select the choices I made in Witcher 2 I had to choose yes in simulate? I chose no. Whoops.

Sai

Just booted the game up. Couldn't finish Witcher 2 in time, but I just couldn't resist diving into this world.

ConfusedFall

Neo Member
Ugh, game crashed during the card game on PS4. I'm also currently stuck in an infinite loading screen it seems.

Sucks, because the game is great, just took down the
griffon.

matthieuC

It seems like the stutter is affecting both ps4 and xbox one. I'm really hoping a patch comes to fix it asap. It's my number one problem.

Also it seems the card game crashes the whole game so I'd stay clear of it until it's fixed.

Nameless

I was pretty good at Witcher 2 but I'm getting my ass kicked early on 'Bloody. Playing nothing but Bloodborne for 2 months certainly isn't doing me any favors.

SpaceHorror

These have been my only major issues so far. I'm sort of getting used to Geralt's movement, but the tiny text drives me nuts. The worst offender is alchemy ingredients, when I don't have enough of the required ingredient it appears in red, due to the color and text size I can't tell how many more I need. It's a fucking blur.

If there isn't already a way to fix it in game, they need to patch that shit. I feel like I need to hook my PS4 up to my smaller PC monitor in order to read everything, which sucks.

Oh yeah, and there was one quest I failed because I couldn't get my horse to get to me fast enough. Really lame.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It makes me yearn for the days I worked an afternoon shift and could stay up all night playing a game.

Redmoon

Sorry if this has been asked, but what is the correct path to the configs. The ones in bin\config\base didnt seem to change anything when I added/changed values

Anybody know what the default choices are, I played 2 hours already and I don't care to start over so I can choose my world state if it's not to different from what I chose before.

Caja 117

Im guessing this has been asked before, but what option do you select so you can select the witcher 2 decisions? Is it simulate witcher 2 or not?

vehn

Just playing while I wait for my flight

MQ4C5Bf.jpg

Movement is fine for me until I get into battle...stuff like strafing becomes *really* awkward, and I really don't like the way he sort of automatically chooses an enemy to target, regardless of whether you've locked onto anybody.

Kind of odd, all of the reviews I read said that the combat was much improved, and I don't recall any particular mentions to stuff like that. Maybe I just haven't fully figured it out. It might also be that playing with a controller is better than KBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom