• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

[PS4] Crashed for me during Gwent tutorial. I restarted it and risked playing Gwent again - this time without a crash. Other than that I really can't see the stuttering some people are reporting nor any other bugs.

This happened to me right now. Going to try again.

Luftwaffle

Neo Member
The movement does feel quite sluggish and janky at times. Playing with an XB1 controller on PC and I went back to KB+M..feels better. Maybe I'm not used to the controller yet.. I keep running into things -_-

[PS4] Crashed for me during Gwent tutorial. I restarted it and risked playing Gwent again - this time without a crash. Other than that I really can't see the stuttering some people are reporting nor any other bugs.

Not even during the cutscenes? It's really bad for me there.

TriGen

I'm a little confused. I've barely done anything and the main quest that I'm up to says "Suggested Level 3" even though I'm only level 1 and haven't had much opportunity to change that? I mean I've done a few secondary quests too which didn't do much...

Am I supposed to just explore and grind out for however long to reach level 3? I'm not sure how it works.

You can probably do it at your level. I did everything on the board and talked to every quest giver that I saw in that area and gained one level after all of it (didn't do that many ? mark areas). The level 3 mission isn't really that insane for a level 1. You gain experience and levels really slowly in this game and you gain the fastest by doing quests, so whatever you got I'd try as they're the best way to level up.

Faynwulf

Healing is rough on Death March.. I'm out of food and drink, finished my first contract with a sliver of health left but I did it.

I've been playing for some days now and I feel like fights are way unbalanced. Sometimes I trash a group of higher level humans and other times I get wrecked by 2 lower level ghouls.

KorrZ

Really enjoying the quests so far. I'm only in the first area but so far the side missions have enough narrative to them to keep them very interesting. This is how you do side content *looks at Dragon Age Inquisition*

Just think, this game went gold a long time before it's release. Imagine if they hadn't taken the extra time to work on patches before release. I think that extra time will be put to good use and the first few patches will arrive relatively quickly for a game of this scope.

Is there any way to find out where certain alchemy items are on the map? I'm trying to make bombs and I don't know where to look at all for saltpeter or calcium equum.

finalflame

I guess I'm not the first person to mention Geralt's movement feels clumsy. Especially coming from Bloodborne, but also just in general. I doubt it will be "fixed" though, this is likely something that was carefully decided during development and is very, very obvious for any playtester to point out. I guess it was a design decision.

Isn't quite jiving with me right now, but maybe it'll grow on me. Died stupidly twice so I've put the game down for tonight.

Wookieomg

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but I'm wondering if it's possible to mod PS4 controller inputs into the PC version? Really dislike having the Xbox One controller inputs when I'm using a DS4.

TriGen

Thanks, guys. I haven't been disassembling stuff or really buying anything. I'll do that when I start up again tomorrow.

OCD Guy

Man I can't even beat the
griffin
its not letting me lock on and so my
arrows
are missing.

First complaint is definitely the load times inbetween dying. They are bloodborne pre patch length it feels like. And having to re watch cut scenes over and over again is annoying.

Not a big deal at all, but I wish there was a way to get to the map in one button press instead of two.

So far (I've only done a few) it seems like the side quests have a lot of character to them, which is nice to see.

Anung

Un Rama
I get what they were going for with the over the shoulder witcher sense. But when they expect you to use it to track long distances while running all zoomed in and vignetted it just doesn't feel good.

Afrodium

Banned
griffin
arrows
are missing.

First complaint is definitely the load times inbetween dying. They are bloodborne pre patch length it feels like. And having to re watch cut scenes over and over again is annoying.

There's no lock on for that weapon. Just shoot a bit in front of it.

catspit

I get what they were going for with the over the shoulder witcher sense. But when they expect you to use it to track long distances while running all zoomed in and vignetted it just doesn't feel good.

When I was watching streams with users constantly using the witcher sense it almost makes you dizzy, or at least a little disoriented. They could have just went with the scanning thing like Dragon age.. Both annoying though.

Yup, Geralt's momentum carries him too far forward for my liking. Hopefully when mods come out it can be made totally binary.

Not a fan of how it feels to lurch into a run or change directions either. Geralt has a lot of momentum. I guess Witcher 3 walking is a bit like GTA IV driving in that it 'has weight,' and 'doesn't feel floaty.' I didn't like GTA IV driving much either.

When I was watching streams with users constantly using the witcher sense it almost makes you dizzy, or at least a little disoriented. They could have just went with the scanning thing like Dragon age.. Both annoying though.

It's actually what they had in Witcher 2, although Geralt paused midstep to do it so it was slightly more awkward.

TriGen

I'd also like to mention, I like Gwent. I've only done the tutorial game, but I won my first try and enjoyed it. Watching it on a stream the other day I had no idea what was going on but playing it myself I felt like I understood it pretty quickly. I'm actually looking forward to finding future players.

Enjoying the game a lot so far, but the movement feels like crap. Geralt moves too far during attacking or any other movement like trying to climb your horse and swimming is a mess.

Really enjoying the quests so far. I'm only in the first area but so far the side missions have enough narrative to them to keep them very interesting. This is how you do side content *looks at Dragon Age Inquisition*

3 Hours into this game and I wish I had more time on my hand for all the quests and to grind for levels, 30 minutes into Dragon Age I and I was thinking about what bus I will take to return the game to Best Buy.

griffin
arrows
are missing.

What level are you right now? Just wondering to see if I need to level up some more

Drazgul

Are you sure its broken? I thought I had broken it as well, but I wasn't checking the correct area.

Yeah I couldn't get some of the necessary steps to trigger at all; once I loaded an earlier save and redid everything in the correct/intended order everything worked out just fine.

TriGen

How often does the game auto-save? I haven't seen the prompt at all and so I've been manually saving but hate having to do that.

They say in the game that it auto-saves at important points in the story or something to that effect, so I don't think it auto-saves often.

aravuus

I guess I'm not the first person to mention Geralt's movement feels clumsy. Especially coming from Bloodborne, but also just in general. I doubt it will be "fixed" though, this is likely something that was carefully decided during development and is very, very obvious for any playtester to point out. I guess it was a design decision.

Isn't quite jiving with me right now, but maybe it'll grow on me. Died stupidly twice so I've put the game down for tonight.

I dunno, developers aren't perfect, if the masses complain about a design decision, they'll probably fix it.

Skipping the annoying couple of steps long walking phase every time you start moving alone would make it a lot less annoying.

Skelter

Banned
Thanks! But it seems to have fixed itself. That or the intro is much quieter than the rest of the game.

Here's how I think of it... Would Geralt really pick everything he senses around him? Or would he pick what he needed and move on?

He would pick everything because he needs a ton of Swallow potions for Death March difficulty.

sonny4p

Anyone else notice alot of the npc eyes are yellowish like their livers are all failing...this games need a quest with Dr. House !!

Afrodium

Banned
So I think I'm done for the night and I have to say that I am throughly happy with my purchase. It's very possible that me deciding to buy his game like five days ago and having middling expectations for it (wasn't a huge fan of The Witcher 2) could have something to do with it. The game is so gorgeous, the world is so vibrant, and the quests and NPC conversations are actually engaging. I only really explored the outskirts of the first area too, so I can't wait to see what else is on this map. Can't wait to play again tomorrow.

boskee

Two minor things that I don't like:

- how high Geralt can jump when standing still.
- Roach sometimes goes deaf and doesn't appear when you call her. Moving camera away from the only possible spot where you could see her spawn seems to solve this.

Anyways, 4 hours in and I can't wait to resume tomorrow.

Is there really no way to remove the day/time and how many feets we are from a objective from the hud near the mini-map? I've checked everywhere in the options and it doesn't seem to be there on PS4.

I thought the HUD was fully customizable, but it doesn't seem like it is. :(

JJD

Man the game crashes EVERY TIME I try to play Gwent for the first time on that tavern on the first quest.

How could CRPR overlook such a simple bug right at the start of the game???

Playing on the PS4 by the way.

boskee

How could CRPR overlook such a simple bug right at the start of the game???

Will probably get fixed in an inevitable patch 1.03. Still, I remember couple of reviewers mentioning it, and they still couldn't fix it for day 1 :/

I never played DA:I. What was the DA:I situation? Just curious.

People were skeptical of BioWare because of the s*** show that was DA2 and Mass Effect 3's ending, but DA:I ended up being a great game and many thought BioWare redeemed themselves. I had fun with DA:I, but some may question the lack of quest variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom