• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

drotahorror

Whoever said you didn't get XP for killing monsters and other things was wrong. I've just been exploring killing random things and I've got 18xp in the process. Hell, one of the trophies you can put on your horse says it gives you 5% more XP from humans.

Jolkien

Whoever said you didn't get XP for killing monsters and other things was wrong. I've just been exploring killing random things and I've got 18xp in the process. Hell, one of the trophies you can put on your horse says it gives you 5% more XP from humans.

On Death march i'm not getting any xp randomly killing an ennemy

Aeana

I just found out the hard way that using up/down on the dpad while in the meditation menu will still consume food. (._. ) How irritating.

Armorers have a cuirass with a hammer on top and blacksmiths have an anvil with a hammer on top. The difference between the two is crafting armor vs weapons.

do u have to be close to them to see them? I dont see anything like that by just looking at the map, and I dont see anything like that in the filter

Wookieomg

Well the game has frozen in any given menu about 7 times now. I have to go into Task Manager and kill it from there or it never closes. Gonna try it again in a bit without a gamepad and see if anything changes.. Also might try it in Fullscreen and not Borderless Windowed (just remembered I run it that way).

nilay

played this for a couple of hours on my pc with ultra settings motion blur off game runs smooth and looks awesome but it did crash 3 times so I think it still needs patching

MavFan619

Banned
So in summary how does the PS4 version runs and looks guys?
Runs and looks fine to me, the most severe technical hiccup as far as framerate happened during a non interactive portion so I didn't really care. I like how side quests feel like their own contained little stories you're not just helping out ransoms. One of them so far was really cool and I'm only veryyy early into the game. Combat is ok, nothing great but a step up from DA:I which isn't saying much but it's a step up at the very least.

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Im dying to play the game, but still cant find info if Nuuvem keys are region locked, and where on gog you enter them into if not , there doesnt seem to be a place to enter keys

There's one on the western side of the biggest town in the middle of the map. The town with the notice board.

oh ok. I'll head over there. I guess they dont show up when looking at the map

Edit: yeah, they show up once you get into the area...thats kind of annoying

Edzi

Uh, how exactly does the Notice Board work? I can take notices from it, but they don't show up in my inventory or quest list or anything.

Exactly what it describes :p

But what are automatic finishers?? The animated "kill" scenes when you finish off an enemy?

If I turn it off does it not play these animations because I've had it on and I haven't seen any of these animations yet. I want those kill scenes so I should leave it on?

Uh, how exactly does the Notice Board work? I can take notices from it, but they don't show up in my inventory or quest list or anything.

Some are quests, other put question marks on the map for you to go and check out.

Frillen

Some of them will turn up as question marks on the map, and you have to investigate. Not all of them are quests. I think the majority are not actually.

_Clash_

I'm playing on X1 here, and the 5XXmB day 1 patch installed.
5 hrs in
Runs pretty damn good and I think you can buy with confidence.

JimPanzer

liking everything about the game except the combat, damn does it feel bad coming from MH and Souls games...I was hoping it would at least be on par with Shadow of Mordors combat, but it's not even close. Guess I have to struggle through it. Can't wait for ENB giving up the game due to it's combat haha...

PS4 performance is ok-ish most of the time, get's atrocious at night combat :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Game is so, so good. Has that trademark CDPR narrative depth where characters, events, and locations are connected simply by what you learn without necessarily being interconnected via game systems (eg: quests). Just quests and knowledge as separate entities that are, in some way, related.

Frillen

But what are automatic finishers?? The animated "kill" scenes when you finish off an enemy?

If I turn it off does it not play these animations because I've had it on and I haven't seen any of these animations yet. I want those kill scenes so I should leave it on?

Some are quests, other put question marks on the map for you to go and check out.

Yeah, you usually get an automatic finisher once you've killed of the last enemy in a group. You would like to have it on yes.

Jolkien

I'm on death march as well. I actually just leveled up went from 974xp to over 1000xp to finally get level 2.

Hmm odd. What level were the monster compared to you ? I'll keep my eyes open on my xp progress when I get to play again tomorrow.

I'm glad if indeed it works, it really didn't appear too. Managed to only get to level 2 in 6 hours, taking slow but still. I'm not sure if it ramps up but from lvl 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is 1000xp

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Game is so, so good. Has that trademark CDPR narrative depth where characters, events, and locations are connected simply by what you learn without necessarily being interconnected via game systems (eg: quests). Just quests and knowledge as separate entities that are, in some way, related.

They showcase this immediately in the opening village/tutorial area.

Absolutely fantastic game.

Question, the finishers, how do you trigger them? In gameplay options it is set to automatic.

Done it one, was awesome. No idea what triggered it.

kidko

Yep this is awesome. goodbye hundreds of hours of my life.

Xbox controller feels good. Liking the combat way more than the last game.

Had the cutscene stuttering problem, crashed during a shot where Geralt is sitting down to talk to the scholar in the inn.

I tweaked a few visual settings - AA off, grass low, motion blur off... runs much better now (7950 1080p) and no more crashes for the next few hours.

Now alls I need to do is quit my life so I can play nonstop.

Seeing that Geralt still has his tattoo if you got it in TW2 put a huge smile on my face.
The game is gorgeous, very happy with how it runs on my 280X.

Million dollar question: did they get rid of the chromaic aberration in the PS4 version? It was in screens some months ago.

Chromatic aberration is set to on by default on PC (first thing I turned off before motion blur).
So, I assume that it's the same on PS4.

murgo

When exactly do I get to pick my past choices? I set "simulate Witcher 2 save" to on and arrived at White Orchard but didn't get to choose anything yet.

Frillen

Hmm odd. What level were the monster compared to you ? I'll keep my eyes open on my xp progress when I get to play again tomorrow.

I'm glad if indeed it works, it really didn't appear too. Managed to only get to level 2 in 6 hours, taking slow but still. I'm not sure if it ramps up but from lvl 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is 1000xp

1000xp from every level. Not sure if there's a hardcap.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Did they take down patch 1.02 for ps4? Can't force the update.

Game is good though. Still don't understand Gwent. Are you not supposed to play all your cards?

They weren't wrong, side quests are brilliant. Also really impressed with facial animation given the amount of dialogue and the fact it's open world, it works really well and definitely helps make the world more believable

Frillen

Question, the finishers, how do you trigger them? In gameplay options it is set to automatic.

There's always one after you've killed the last enemy in a group.

There's always one after you've killed the last enemy in a group.

Odd I've only seen once :/ had plenty of battles.
When exactly do I get to pick my past choices? I set "simulate Witcher 2 save" to on and arrived at White Orchard but didn't get to choose anything yet

Id like to know this too.

AdanVC

SeyD2Dc.png

7hrs on the steam clock already, game is so good. Continues the tread of Witcher games having excellent writing. Love how the side quests weave into the main plot or have something to do with the happenings of the world. Picked the second hardest difficulty and i'm having a blast. Cleaned all of the point of interests in
White Orchard
was kinda hoping i'd get a quest or something after doing them all but it was still fun.

Have 2 questions, one story and one gameplay, First gameplay, anyway to see what buffs you got going if you shut off the buffs on the hud? Second question, is about plot, mostly Witcher 1 and 2 stuff but did 1 and 2 talk about Yen or Ciri? Yen I heard of and have a vague idea of who she is but Ciri? No idea who she is besides
Emperor of Nilfgaard saying it was his kid, and geralt said he seen the Emperor of Nilfgaard before but I dont remember that in the first 2 games. Also how does a daughter of an Emperor end up in a Witcher School? Is this just book stuff? If so they could of done a better job explaining it

Holy jesus this looks amazingggg!

Jolkien

Odd I've only seen once :/ had plenty of battles.

Id like to know this too.

Finisher happen if you kill the ennemie when their stamina is depleted from what I saw. (Tiny yellow bar under their HP) not 100% of the time but most of my finisher happened when their stamina reached zero (or super close to zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom