• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlius

Banned
best rpg this gen..hands down. absolutely loving this shit. good to have you back geralt. man did i have to suffer through crap like dai and skyrim.

Automatic Finishers,what does the option do exactly? If I turn it off, I assume I have to do my own finishers correct? Are they hard to pull off?

Thanks.

GavinGT

Banned
Does the PS4 one have the option though? It's a deal / no deal for me so I need to find an answer before ordering this.

I don't think a console game has ever let us disable chromatic aberration before. I'm pretty sure you're out of luck in that department.

Adda

Font sizes on ps4 are terrible, does anyone know if you can scale up things like vendor text or buff timers?

If not, I'll be sitting 2 inches from my TV tonight.

drotahorror

Hmm odd. What level were the monster compared to you ? I'll keep my eyes open on my xp progress when I get to play again tomorrow.

I'm glad if indeed it works, it really didn't appear too. Managed to only get to level 2 in 6 hours, taking slow but still. I'm not sure if it ramps up but from lvl 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 is 1000xp

All of them are higher level since I was only level 1. I just killed a minor spoiler
bear
and got 6xp.

Jolkien

All of them are higher level since I was only level 1. I just killed a minor spoiler
bear
and got 6xp.

Nice, I guess there's no prompt on the screen for it, unlike quest XP. Well thanks for telling me ;)

It must be slow enough tyat I never noticed my xp creeping up.

bounchfx

wait, so do potions Auto-Restore? what about bombs? build it once and you have an infinite supply? this would be amazing if true

Blizzard

Banned
Fraps breaks the Steam overlay.
I thought I tried the game without Fraps running and the Steam overlay STILL didn't work.

Disabling the Steam overlay for Witcher 3 and running Fraps works fine together though, and allows shift-clicking properly for strong attacks.

Anyone know if you can turn off that message in the bottom left hand corner?

Is there an option to turn off notifications of what control method it switched to?

It seems to enjoy telling me I am using a gamepad at every new scene. I know. I'm holding it.
I wish, but I don't know of a way.

Font sizes on ps4 are terrible, does anyone know if you can scale up things like vendor text or buff timers?

If not, I'll be sitting 2 inches from my TV tonight.
Haven't found a way on PC at least. Several people have mentioned the small font sizes.

Finished the prologue in one sitting god damn. The griffin fight was hard as shit on death march. I was down to my last apple juice (this sounds funnier than it should) when I finished it off.

Does anyone know what determines whether or not you can block a bit. Everything seems to blow through and put me in a stun animation. Might have to invest in the sign tree so I can keep quen up.

When do you get to select your witcher 2 story options?

After you deal with the griffin

Tokubetsu

Finished the prologue in one setting god damn. The griffin fight was hard as shit on death march. I was down to my last some nice by the end (this sounds funnier than it should) when I finished it off.

Does anyone know what determines whether or not you can block a bit. Everything seems to blow through and put me in a stun animation. Might have to invest in the sign tree so I can keep quen up.

After you deal with the griffin

After finishing the main quest in white orchard

Thanks dudes!

Automatic Finishers,what does the option do exactly? If I turn it off, I assume I have to do my own finishers correct? Are they hard to pull off?
I occasionally see a button prompt for them, but for the most part they just happen in the flow of combat. The only real difference is the last kill in a fight won't automatically be an execution with a zoom in slow mo.

wait, so do potions Auto-Restore? what about bombs? build it once and you have an infinite supply? this would be amazing if true
Yeah, once you craft something the first time they auto restore whenever you meditate using alcohol from your inventory as the only ingredient.

Acinixys

I'm well below the minimum spec but thought I'd give this a go anyway. Computer shut-down within a minute of the tutorial. Running at about 15fps. I guess this will have to sit on the GOG shelf until a new PC comes along.

Whats your PCs specs?

Im also on the low end and now youve worried me

Frillen

Bombs and potions auto restores when you meditate. One of the first things you should do is to make the potion Swallow. Once you have it you will have 3 Vitality Regeneration potions every time you meditate.

DSix

Banned
Been playing almost non stop since the Steam unlock... Now I must face the fact that I don't really like it.

The combat is bad. It's not complete garbage, but it's not decent either. Geralt is unwieldy and janky and the magic sucks just as much as it ever did in TW2. I quickly put the difficulty on easy because I have no patience pretending to have fun on that shite. A very stark contrast after Bloodborne.

I can't stand the padding with stupid errants everywhere, and even during the main quest the patently obvious filler gets insulting. Even wrapped around a decent voice acting, it's hard to give a flying fuck about the obvious quest-giver NPCs that you'll never see again afterward.

The world is big and beautiful yes, and yet I'm not exploring it at all on my own agency. Playing efficiently means I'm following the GPS and not really thinking about anything that I see on screen. This open world game design trope needs to die an horrible death.

valkyre

just started the game played for about 5 hours still havent killed the griffin but completed some side quests.

I have a few questions if I may so:

a) So far i havent gotten the chance to make choices for the previous 2 games (PS4 version). Before I started the game there was an option about witcher 2 but I didnt pay much attention. Did I screw up somehow?

b) Is it me or do I find the way potions work really poor? So if I want to use the swallow potion i have to go to my inventory, choose a slot to put it and then go back to the game and use it via dpad?? That doesnt sound very convenient. Especially if you want to use 2-3 potions. Why cant I use stuff directly from my inventory? I am pretty certain that there has to be some other way.

bounchfx

Bombs and potions auto restores when you meditate. One of the first things you should do is to make the potion Swallow. Once you have it you will have 3 Vitality Regeneration potions every time you meditate.

amazing, thanks guys. that's great news. I'm assuming Oils are the stuff that doesn't auto regen then.

This comforts me because now i will actually use potions! aha, instead of saving them forever "just in case"

Played from 5AM to 10AM. So good.

People with crashes, if you use GOG Galaxy, try verifying the game files. Not sure if it does help me or just luck. But no harm in trying.

YoodlePro

Never played any of the witcher games, but I do want to pick what happened in the previous games. Do I select simulate events on or off?

I only spent one hour with it as it unlocked late and I had work in the morning. Truth be told if it wasn't for the Gwent crash, o would've probably not went to work haha.

You're asked questions about how key events occurred in tw2 and you answer them. Doesn't go into detail for newcomers.

Thanks. Quick question. Has anyone bought any new armour in white orchard? I bought some blue and black armour and it looks garbage lol want to return to a previous save.

viveks86

Viv please stop posting such nice screens

The game was CLEARLY downgraded

Seriously though, cant wait for my copy to arrive

Its been too long since ive played a fun RPG

Skyrim and DA:I can blow me

I posted the same in the downgrade thread and the response I got was "Are we supposed to be impressed? I'm confused."

lol

Frillen

Thanks. Quick question. Has anyone bought any new armour in white orchard? I bought some blue and black armour and it looks garbage lol want to return to a previous save.

Yeah, don't rely on buying armor. You usually find equally good or better armor doing quests or by crafting. Same with swords. I actually spend most of my money on repairing.

drotahorror

What the..

Are you saying if I make bombs and potions when I meditate they restore themselves? So there's no point in ever making more than one bomb or potion type?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
This has probably been asked before, but for those that liked Inquisition, how does this game compare? Again, this is a question for those that liked Inquisition.

I loved DA:I but couldn't get into The Witcher 2 at all so I'm not 100% if I should get this.

So after sinking 4hrs into it tonight and doing a few of the first quests (on hardest difficulty) here's my initial thoughts on PS4

-The world and graphics so far look amazing, the weather changes and time of day look fantastic. The world feels and looks alive, it's not static feeling and after beating DA:I I think this is a huge improvement.

- VS DA:I crafting and inventory is miles better and no where near as frustrating.

-Quests so far feel varied and have a purpose and give satisfying results upon completion.

-Combat for me so far is the weakest link, but I know it's because A: I have never played a witcher game before and B: I just finished getting a platinum in Bloodborne so combat is going to take some getting used to lol

So far very impressed and engulfed in the gameplay, I thought I'd be burned out after finishing up DA:I but it really feels like a much better game overall in my opinion so far.

Dead

well not really...yet
small cliffs are the deadliest enemies in the game. I have died so many times to fall damage
Seriously, CDPR need to patch the fall damage

I fell like a few feet from a wooden stand to the ground and lost like 25% health

Btw, how do you access the free DLC?

Frillen

What the..

Are you saying if I make bombs and potions when I meditate they restore themselves? So there's no point in ever making more than one bomb or potion type?

Once you've made a specific potion or bomb with alchemy you will restore them every time you meditate, yes :) You can make many different kinds of potions and bombs though.

maximrace

Anyone having trouble starting this up on the xbox one?

It goes to the title screen that says press a key, when you do that it just keeps saying please wait..

Edzi

Is he only way to heal in this game to eat food? No inns or sleeping to get to full health? I'm playing on hard, so no meditation healing for me.

Is he only way to heal in this game to eat food? No inns or sleeping to get to full health? I'm playing on hard, so no meditation healing for me.

Yup.

You can use the swallow potion too. After the first time all you need is alcohol to brew more. It auto refreshes when you meditate

Eldon

And the swallow potion, bit i was able to craft that only after white orchard, thus failing a side quest.

valkyre

just started the game played for about 5 hours still havent killed the griffin but completed some side quests.

I have a few questions if I may so:

a) So far i havent gotten the chance to make choices for the previous 2 games (PS4 version). Before I started the game there was an option about witcher 2 but I didnt pay much attention. Did I screw up somehow?

b) Is it me or do I find the way potions work really poor? So if I want to use the swallow potion i have to go to my inventory, choose a slot to put it and then go back to the game and use it via dpad?? That doesnt sound very convenient. Especially if you want to use 2-3 potions. Why cant I use stuff directly from my inventory? I am pretty certain that there has to be some other way.

anyone?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't want to assume, so I'll just ask. Is Polish the original language for the game? I played the previous ones in Polish but sometimes, you never know. =x

Caja 117

Once you've made a specific potion or bomb with alchemy you will restore them every time you meditate, yes :) You can make many different kinds of potions and bombs though.

But doesnt this at least reduce the ingredients for the specific bomb/potion? If your bomb get restored as soon as you meditate is kind of sucks, as I dont wamt to have unlimited supplies of bombs

So far My only complaint are the small font, i decided to stick with disc xbox version, but i might go digital on ps4.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Can someone tell me what is different about hard as opposed to normal? Combat difficulty doesn't really matter to me, but does it get significantly harder to navigate maps etc? I'm really not a fan of aimlessly looking for an objective.

Dead

well not really...yet
This shit made me drop the difficulty to Normal

Too much of a pain in the ass to manage health with just food and stuff

Jolkien

Can someone tell me what is different about hard as opposed to normal? Combat difficulty doesn't really matter to me, but does it get significantly harder to navigate maps etc? I'm really not a fan of aimlessly looking for an objective.

Ennemies hit harder and are more agressive. You gain less stats each level. Meditate does not regen your health. Nothing change about map icon and navigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom