• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Postman came and no game.

Amazon UK dispatched my game yesterday but I haven't received it.

Do Amazon sometimes give it to couriers.

Release day delivery my ass.

My games never get delivered by Royal Mail anymore when I order from Amazon UK. It's always Amazon Logistics, who usually deliver at around 4-6PM. Sucks.

M.Steiner

Postman came and no game.

Amazon UK dispatched my game yesterday but I haven't received it.

Do Amazon sometimes give it to couriers.

Release day delivery my ass.
My copy (collector's edition) came with the Hermes courier this morning, my brothers (standard) came with the Royal Mail postman and through the letter box.

I'm really impressed with the character models, having npc's look this good in an open world game is impressive.
Killing the monsters in an abandoned settlement and watching it get re-populated is pretty cool.

Onikaan

So I take it not every notice on the board relates to a quest? Bit odd that you can remove them, they don't go anywhere into your inventory and only a few start quests.

Soo... Should I pick this up? I watched a bit of a playthrough on Youtube and the side quests looked a bit boring (Use Witcher sense, follow trail, etc...). Is this "Witcher:AssCreed Edition" or a really good game overall?

Is there any trophy or any game advantage (better itens, more xp) in playing on hardest difficult?
There is a trophy for beating the game on Death March(the hardest difficulty) Sadly I don't think there's exclusive gear like Dark Mode in the Witcher 2 this time around.

NZerker12

My games never get delivered by Royal Mail anymore when I order from Amazon UK. It's always Amazon Logistics, who usually deliver at around 4-6PM. Sucks.

My copy (collector's edition) came with the Hermes courier this morning, my brothers (standard) came with the Royal Mail postman and through the letter box.

It looks like it may be with a courier as I just checked my email and they said it is out for delivery.

Here's hoping it comes early if not today.

6jAe5UB.jpg

OH YES

Gurish

Guys I'm about to start the game on my PS4, didn't play the previous games-

1) what difficulty is recommended the default or a one above? (not gonna do the hardest), is the game considered very hard on the third difficulty? (don't remember how they called it)

2) when the game asks me "simulate the witcher 2 save" what should I answer? didn't play TW2 before but I don't want to miss out on any content.

artsi

Geralt may be a Witcher but he's brittle as any 70 year old man, I had almost full health bar and died falling from a few metres. I also hate that you can't regenerate health by meditating on Death March. Seriously, who gets better by eating potatoes instead of rest?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
In what language are you guys playing?
Usually I play in english, but this time I decided to play in polish with english subs/text

the "switched control scheme" message is sooo annoying and the hud in the smallest possible setting is still way to big,

Denzar

I'm have a crisis of doubt.

Do I play The Witcher 2 before starting 3?

I tried Witcher 2 some time ago, nut got hung up on the battle system. I know what happens in that game, in broad lines, but it sounds super interesting.

Is W2 playable with controller?

Quoting myself in the hope I get an answer.

valkyre

I love the game and its going to absolutely consume me anyway but, in my opinion the game needs the following fixes/improvements:

1) Frame pacing / stuttering issues (console version) . Lock the framerate to 30.

2) There needs to be a new option for large text font. The game is really straining the eyes trying to read bestiary's logs etc. Also loot is tiny as well

3) There needs to be some contextual UI improvements. For example the energy bar and witcher senses on the top left corner should be contextual based on whether the player is engaged in combat or not. There is absolutely no reason for the player to have this information if he is out of combat, other than wasting screen space.

JambiBum

I love the game and its going to absolutely consume me anyway but, in my opinion the game needs the following fixes/improvements:

3) There needs to be some contextual UI improvements. For example the energy bar and witcher senses on the top left corner should be contextual based on whether the player is engaged in combat or not. There is absolutely no reason for the player to have this information if he is out of combat, other than wasting screen space.

On PC it is contextual. Health bar disappears when you aren't in combat. No idea why it isn't on consoles.

1) Frame pacing / stuttering issues (console version) . Lock the framerate to 30.

2) There needs to be a new option for large text font. The game is really straining the eyes trying to read bestiary's logs etc. Also loot is tiny as well

Agreed on all three.

I'd also like to see them do something about facing items to loot them. It seems like I've constantly got to tweak my facing, which makes me move, so then I have to move back, etc, until I'm finally just right to be able to loot corpses.

It's not gamebreaking, but it sure is annoying.

Newman96

Is the voice of the Bloody Baron Mark Addy? He sounds a lot like Robert Baratheon but couldn't find any voice acting information.

jesu

Same with me and Amazon Logistics, between 4 and 6.

They use Yodel too, but not for games I don't think.

IT'S HERE!!! Wooooo.

Man, the little 'thank you' note you get with the game is awesome. I wish more devs were like this.

Ah, maybe mine will be soon too.

Amadeusz

Neo Member
I accidentally threw away a letter which I have to read first in order to progress with a small sidequest.

Do you guys know if there's any way for me to retrieve it back?

By the way I absolutely love this game. The atmosphere is just flawless.

zkorejo

Is the voice of the Bloody Baron Mark Addy? He sounds a lot like Robert Baratheon but couldn't find any voice acting information.

James Clyde is the VA for Bloody Baron according to the IMDB.

Yea sounds (and drinks) alot like him. He is a great character though. I really like Bloody Baron.

Bluenoser

For those experiencing stuttering and other performance issues, are you using a disc or digital version? I'm on digital, and I haven't run into any of these things so I was wondering if the disc may be the culprit.

I also found the text to be on the small side, but as I was tired when I was playing it last night, I thought it might have just been my eyes being sore.

Anyone know if there's a fast way to hop to the shopkeeper's inventory when you open it? Seems stupid that you have to scroll right past all of your own items first to get to the ones you want to buy. Same goes for the equip screen to switch out armor or weapons. Doesn't appear to be affected by the bumpers or triggers.

taybul

the games amazing but...

anyone feel like the controls and/or garalts movements are super clunky?

playing with a controller on pc

looting is a pain geralts movements are so clunky
Yes! But it felt that way too in W2. I found it difficult trying to align myself so I could go down a narrow set of stairs. Having to face the corpse AND have the camera align right to loot is the worst.

I also had the game crash maybe half a dozen times in the span of a few hours.

Still an amazing game though.

I played for about two hours, with second highest difficulty. I think I'll be switching to Death March. I died to drowners a few times, but otherwise the combat doesn't seem like too dangerous. For example, I took out a camp of 5 bandits ("deserters" or something) by simply charging in with 20% vitality left and I killed them all. I mean, I did die many times during the 2 hours. But after a while, and getting used to sidestepping & dodging + shield sign, I stopped dying.

Since Death March doesn't seem to have permadeath (?), I think will restart the game and turn difficulty up since I have heard the game becomes easier once you get better equipment.

Awesome game, I love the combat. Significant improvement over last two games.

Yeah, I think the framepacing issues on console right now are kinda hampering my immersion. Every time I think "man, that looks beautiful" the game will stutter a bit and I'll get pulled back out.

Kind of a shame, but knowing CDPR it'll get patched real soon.

Oh well, it always takes me a bit to get sucked into these games anyway. I'm sure it'll get me.

valkyre

On PC it is contextual. Health bar disappears when you aren't in combat. No idea why it isn't on consoles.

This is strange... can people with console version confirm if their health bar is also contextual? Mine certainly isnt but it could be a combination of UI options that makes it stick. I have tried but I could not get rid of it when not in combat.

Gurish

For those experiencing stuttering and other performance issues, are you using a disc or digital version? I'm on digital, and I haven't run into any of these things so I was wondering if the disc may be the culprit.

I also found the text to be on the small side, but as I was tired when I was playing it last night, I thought it might have just been my eyes being sore.

Anyone know if there's a fast way to hop to the shopkeeper's inventory when you open it? Seems stupid that you have to scroll right past all of your own items first to get to the ones you want to buy. Same goes for the equip screen to switch out armor or weapons. Doesn't appear to be affected by the bumpers or triggers.
I'm also on digital PS4 and it runs great so far (in the beginning), some technical issue are only present during cut scenes for some reason but gameplay is smooth.

void666

Banned
I was exploring when the message "you reached the world's end. Turn back." showed up. Now this is what i call an immersion breaker. They could've come up with a better idea.

kamicowzi

Banned
Hey, am I crazy or does Vesemir sound like Deckard Cain from Diablo? My girlfriend and I both think so and we both can't be crazy can we?

GlamFM

Banned
Played it for a few hours this morning and I´m super impressed so far.

I already ditched the main storyline and I´m actively looking for side content.

Can´t wait to jump back in tonight.

What a game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom