• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorrZ

Fuuuck here I am stuck at work. I really just want to come home and play more of this.

Is there any other way to see the weak against besides the small icons in the bestiary menu...like I see the small bottle with some purple/blue stuff in it....how am I suppose to know what that is...again,like the first 2 games,the inventory menu is awful.

Scroll over to it and it'll tell you what it is.

Onikaan

Any tips on fighting werewolves? I have no bestiary entry, and the one in dealing with right now constantly regens health.

zkorejo

I have
In the end, he took her in and was going to take her to a healer. Seems like that was the end of it.

Yes it was.
I hope to see him again in the game.

Any tips on fighting werewolves? I have no bestiary entry, and the one in dealing with right now constantly regens health.

Werewolves are vulnerable to Igni and Beast Oil (I think). I didnt have the beast oil so I used Cursed oil (I have no idea if it helped) and used Igni at every chance I got. Yrden and Quen helps too, as it attacks very quickly. Tawny oil to regen stamina and swallow to regen health.

Marv_79

Neo Member
How broken is this for the PS4 without the day 1 patch? My game arrived today and my internet has just gone kaput and EE are quoting 2 days before an engineer can come out and have a look :-(

boskee

Another great fake from the Fakes Forge

gv2iuuR.jpg

How broken is this for the PS4 without the day 1 patch? My game arrived today and my internet has just gone kaput and EE are quoting 2 days before an engineer can come out and have a look :-(

Save for one crash during Gwent game I've encountered 0 bugs.

Comments after yesterday:

1. What's up with that tiny ass font/text? I wear glasses that need an update sure but no other game have I strained as much to read items/entries. Fix this asap CDPR.

2. The guide is basically a necessity for me. They're nice enough to mark points of interest in the map but some quests don't appear until you're close enough in the map.

3. Does exp for side missions get better? When my next mission is level 5 and the next is level 7 and I'm halfway through level 3 something is wrong. Side missions are giving me like 50 exp max on normal. I still need 1000 at a time to level up.

DrKelpo

Banned

multiple medium hits in combination with igni got him down a bunch, when he started to regen, I threw some explosive bombs on him, which dealt a lot of damage.

Comments after yesterday:

2. The guide is basically a necessity for me. They're nice enough to mark points of interest in the map but some quests don't appear until you're close enough in the map.

I need to know if I should get the eguide or the actual physical one. This game is huge and too detailed.

Acinixys

I was exploring when the message "you reached the world's end. Turn back." showed up. Now this is what i call an immersion breaker. They could've come up with a better idea.

I guess they had to do this

The only other way is stupid invisible walls or Skyrims method of insane and implausible mountains you cant cross

There arent really any other ways to stop people exploring outside the bounds of the map

I mean in Borderlands 1 and 2 if you leave the map perimeter massive laser towers instakill you

I guess they had to do this

The only other way is stupid invisible walls or Skyrims method of insane and implausible mountains you cant cross

There arent really any other ways to stop people exploring outside the bounds of the map

I mean in Borderlands 1 and 2 if you leave the map perimeter massive laser towers instakill you

Yeah, unfortunately, there's just no really good way to handle this stuff that doesn't break immersion. I'd rather the world look the way they want, rather than having to put mountains or deep ocean in the way, and just have a "turn around" message.

Tovarisc

3. Does exp for side missions get better? When my next mission is level 5 and the next is level 7 and I'm halfway through level 3 something is wrong. Side missions are giving me like 50 exp max on normal. I still need 1000 at a time to level up.

Considering how easy it was to destroy level 7 wraith as level 2 while using level 1 sword I'm not sure how much level matters as long you are within "green indicator" limits. Or is your experience different?

Pc players...using kbm or controller?

Went through tutorial section with kbm and it felt a little weird

KB/M here. First it felt little off, but after 1-2 hours of playing I got used to it and now it feels smooth/natural.

Brohan

Just got the game and was going to start it up but before i can start the game it asks me if i want to simulate a witcher 2 save.

I,ve never played a witcher game before so "no" seems the obvious answer but at the same time i do not want to miss out on any events.

Sooo can anyone help me make this decision? Will i miss alot if i choose no? Will i be confused if i pick Yes?

Help me out Gaf.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Just got the game and was going to start it up but before i can start the game it asks me if i want to simulate a witcher 2 save.

I,ve never played a witcher game before so "no" seems the obvious answer but at the same time i do not want to miss out on any events.

Sooo can anyone help me make this decision? Will i miss alot if i choose no? Will i be confused if i pick Yes?

Help me out Gaf.

Choose yes and you'll be able to answer some questions later in the game concerning certain events from TW2. Choose no and you'll probably get a random outcome for the questions.

Help me out Gaf.

Simulating the save means that you'll get a conversation a few hours in where you answer some questions about what Geralt did in Witcher 2. These questions will influence some things like, whether certain characters are alive.

Choosing not to simulate a W2 save means that you instead don't have that conversation, and the world is just in whatever the "default" state is that CDPR chose. I'm not sure if anyone knows what that default is yet, but since it mostly concerns returning and dead/not-dead characters, I can't imagine it'll matter much to people who didn't play the previous title (much like DAI's Keep system).

Adam Blue

Pc players...using kbm or controller?

Went through tutorial section with kbm and it felt a little weird

Can't stand gamepad controls due to intentional input lag. Mouse and keyboard feels better as it seems I have more control over the animation delay. But I'd literally move the analog stick and count down until he actually moved. Coming from 80 hrs of bloodborne and mid-game of a 30 Dark Souls play through, I'm fighting controls here more than enemies.

From what I know a developer at CDPR released a mod to fix this in W2, maybe we'll see the same here. I see the gripe often, but I see more people just having a good time so it could depend on experience with ARPGs vs pure action games. I'm the latter.

Help me out Gaf.

If you pick yes, you'll get a conversation a bit later on in the game where the game asks you what choices you made during the Witcher 2. There's a few guides somewhere, I think.

That said, if you haven't played, I don't think it matters really.

mike6467

...So, say I said yes to "Simulate Witcher 2 Save", but actually wanted a default world state, but was so excited and didn't look up what that meant and am now several hours in (not story, but just screwing around) and don't want to restart.

When this conversation comes up, A) Will it be obvious? and B) What answers should I give to get the "default" world state.

Game is the first in a long time that has had me thinking about it in the gym in the morning. Took everything I had not to use that time to go kill wolves and explore.

Edit: Post above me is apparently the same question, will seek out guides now, sorry for taking up space...

Axial

Ugh, the polish voice over synchronization is fuuuucked compared to the english dub version. It really shows this game was made for english speaking markets first and foremost.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, my gear is really ugly.

I have some yoga pants, Bill Cosby's sweater and a pair of metal oven mittens on right now.

CyberChulo

I thought I tried the game without Fraps running and the Steam overlay STILL didn't work.

Disabling the Steam overlay for Witcher 3 and running Fraps works fine together though, and allows shift-clicking properly for strong attacks.

I wish, but I don't know of a way.

Haven't found a way on PC at least. Several people have mentioned the small font sizes.

Thank god I have a 106" screen with projector!

kafiend

Yeah, unfortunately, there's just no really good way to handle this stuff that doesn't break immersion. I'd rather the world look the way they want, rather than having to put mountains or deep ocean in the way, and just have a "turn around" message.

I had a reached the end of the world message about 100 yards down a riverbank from a bridge.

Man, my gear is really ugly.

I have some yoga pants, Bill Cosby's sweater and a pair of metal oven mittens on right now.

The man's personal failings aside, dude knew how to pick a sweater. I'll be getting my copy in just over an hour. Going to wear the shit out of that!

Press and hold down middle mouse button to aim and release for fire.

Tap to quick fire and locked target.

----

Did people
find that hidden room in Palace?

Edit:

Yep, you can. There is special potion for resetting skills.

So that does nothing for me.. Scrolling changes signs but clicking doesn't do anything with the crossbow on my back. Halp

Really good, at least in the beginning.

Hope they are using olde spanish for secondary characters then. Geralt and friends have to speak in modern, but the npc's need to say things like 'hideputa' and 'vuesa merced' to stay faithful to the books.
The W1 and W2 translations were really bad in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom