• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Finally on my way to pick up my physical copy.

LET'S DO THIS, GAF

LdiIgr.gif

SinSilla

Is there a way to pause cutscenes in the PC Version of the game? (a workaround would be fine either)

I have to take care of my little daughter when she wakes up in the evening/night which can happen quite frequently. I had to leave my pc quick yesterday when
Ciri jumped over the wall and came back and only saw her head flying
. I was quite surprised to say the least. Have to start over tonight.

Gbraga

I'm having a major issue with this game : everything is so small and too far away. The world is FILLED with details but the camera is so far from geralt that I can't see shit. It's just a huge cluttered mess. When the camera pans very close in cutscene I can admire the character models and details but playing, my eyes are bleeding at everything...

Also, text and interface is so fucking damn small. I can't read shit

I play kinda close to my TV, so I can read it, but it would still be a lot more comfortable to have bigger text.

It's a huge oversight, they even went through the trouble of having big and small HUD size to go well with TV and monitors, but text is always small.

Is there a way to pause cutscenes in the PC Version of the game? (a workaround would be fine either)

I have to take care of my little daughter when she wakes up in the evening/night which can happen quite frequently. I had to leave my pc quick yesterday when

That would also be great. Select or Start just bring up the Skip prompt

aku:jiki

Yeah weapon degradation is really bad in this, as is the armour. Seems every quest I'm having to go back to the blacksmith to fix my shit. Again, the amount you get from some of the gear seems really poor too, item worth 900 orens? I'll give you 100.
Shit, they give you 100 in this game?! That item would've netted you about 17 orens in Witcher 2.

The lead designer is a little too obsessed with making the game hard, but a little too unskilled at designing interesting difficulty...

Chariot

Do you have it on steam? When you go into steam overlay it pauses the game.

Plumpman

I still havent come to grips with some of the mechanics, and I'm terrible at the combat (probably a side effect of switching between KB/M and Controller), but "Devil by the Well" has already sealed this as one of the greats, and its only the beginning!

brau

Then you'll miss out on translations of foreign languages :(

Do some of these people talking give any more insight to things you have to do? i felt they were more about atmosphere than anything, with them commenting on you or whatever.

If they have useful info they spout, then maybe i'll keep them.

Starviper

I'm unsure if I like the lock-on using the mouse but that's more or less just going to be on me needing to spend more time to get used to it.

Really pretty game, wish I didn't have to be at work right now.

Also wish it didn't crash so much.

All the complaints about the weapon/armor degrading too fast makes me want to get the PC version even if I'm not sure how well it would run compared to the PS4 version for me. I think my PC and PS4 are pretty comparable. I was leaning toward PS4 version originally just so it'd be easier to play on my TV (and trophies would be nice), but missing out on mods really sucks.

Having never played the witcher series, should I simulate the witcher 2 save or should I set it to off?

I'm not sure, maybe you shouldn't. You're basically telling them what choices you made in The Witcher 2, and if you don't really know the weight of those choices it's probably better left alone.

Gbraga

Do you have it on steam? When you go into steam overlay it pauses the game.

Really? That's awesome to know!

My overlay bugged last night, but hopefully it'll be back to normal today.

It should also work with big picture, right? So I don't have to use my keyboard to pause.

Caja 117

Ignore the people saying the XBO version is bad. If you like it, you like it and that's all that matters in the end

I also find that the game is gorgeous in XBO, I have trouble really noticing the difference from 900 to 1080, I will still wait for Digital Foundry but given how the game is performing so far plus the xbox one controller, i might stick with the Xbox One.

ironcreed

Banned
man the movement feels so clunky and delayed. didnt remember witcher 2 being like this.

TW2 felt like a stiff robot jank-fest compared to this game. There are some quirks when running around an object sometimes, but the overall sense of movement and gameplay is in another league entirely.

This is my biggest complaint with the game so far. For such a conversation-heavy game, it's inexcusable that you can't pause them. Really hoping a fix for this comes quickly.

Nyx

Having never played the witcher series, should I simulate the witcher 2 save or should I set it to off?

Saw this:

If you’re playing on either PlayStation 4 or Xbox One and want to make sure choices you’ve made in The Witcher 2 carry over to the new game, you will want to choose to simulate. This will cue the scene (which takes place after the prologue) and an NPC will ask you about your past.

If you want to go in clean, or “as CD Projekt intended,” as some players believe, you will need to not select the simulate option.

Lunar15

I enjoyed my time with it last night, but it did crash three times and I thought that "simulate witcher 2 save" meant that it was just going to choose the default choices. So I'll be restarting tonight.

Either way, my thoughts echo others here; movement is clunky and the graphics can be a little weird at times but overall the game is excellent in how well it's written and how compelling exploration is. I found myself moving away from the main quest which is very rare for me in these types of games. You really feel like a professional Witcher, doing contracts and solving problems. Part of me misses the more tightly designed areas from 2, but I am liking the open world too.

I did feel like it was taking me forever to get to level 2, despite doing several quests.

I'm happy with my computer's performance. I'm using a 970 and I'm using all the bells and whistles and I'm able to keep a pretty high frame-rate. Might try locking it to 30 and seeing what impact downsampling has.

bryanee

Is it important to simulate a Witcher 2 save? Does anything drastic happen if you do or don't? I don't wanna fuck myself.

nOoblet16

Man the font for item description is too small, it's not suitable for TV viewing but more suited towards PC monitors. Also the shuttering is a bit of a nuisance since it pops up randomly once in a while for a split second and breaks the scene. The cutscenes are choppy but I suppose that's the new update. I wish the camera for Geralt was a little closer and there was no auto centering.

The animations in this game aren't very good by the way, they don't blend well, feel and look stiff...basically this is an area where the game is undoubtedly last gen (in fact worse than quite a few last gen tittles as it's marginally better than Witcher 2 which was quite dated compared to other big budget games animation wise). Despite the fact that Geralt is moves slower and heavier than say the hunter in Bloodbourne, the hunter feels much more grounded and realistic than Geralt since the animation transition is smooth.

Also loading screens, you have the small 4-5 second loading screen between cutscenes and then you have some long ass loading screens like this one time when I went to this new area and I died, the game respawned me in the exact same place where I died but it took close to a minute for it to load. All this on PS4.

I'm having a major issue with this game : everything is so small and too far away. The world is FILLED with details but the camera is so far from geralt that I can't see shit. It's just a huge cluttered mess. When the camera pans very close in cutscene I can admire the character models and details but playing, my eyes are bleeding at everything...

I feel the same exact way :/

Two questions. First any word on the 1.02 patch for PS4 yet? I'm still on 1.01 here. Secondly how can I sell this Griffin head? It's been there for a while and I imagine it's getting a little smelly now.

epmode

Do some of these people talking give any more insight to things you have to do? i felt they were more about atmosphere than anything, with them commenting on you or whatever.

If they have useful info they spout, then maybe i'll keep them.

The foreign dialogue is mostly for atmosphere but I've seen NPCs have long, interesting conversations with each other purely in Nilfgaardian and it would have been gibberish if I had subtitles disabled. Some minor NPCs will respond to you in other languages as well. I've even seen a foreign translation in a conversation with a questgiver. Granted, he only said "good luck" or whatever but I don't like missing out on the translation.

Mr Git

Haven't managed to play it yet, tried three times (PS4) but it crashes on the first loading screen after the intros. There's no way to skip them either so this is painful. Gonna reinstall.

I'm having a hard time reading text too (Xbox 1, 60" TV). I have a very low prescription for glasses but have never needed them for playing games. This is the first game that I'm needing glasses.

I also find that I want there to be some sort of first person view for seeing things up close. But I might be spoiled by GTAV's first person mode.

I posted this last night but no one answered: is there a way to find where certain alchemy ingredients are at? Seeing all those leaves on the minimap doesn't help. I'm trying to make a bomb for the griffin fight and I have no idea where to find saltpeter and the other thing.

Ostinatto

You should be looting repair kits off of humans. I've got about 4 of them early on and my sword hasn't even broken yet.

If you've played W2, hard. Plus it makes the leveling/preparation element of combat matter.

tvm.

Do i miss something if i change the difficulty?

LordofPwn

So i've noticed some big drops in fps on PS4, and had 1 crash during the gwent tutorial. feel like i'll need to restart my PS4 and hope that helps things. Movement seems off but i'm sure i'll come around to it when i get into it more. Definitely a game i wont be able to just play an hour of at a time, will need to block out a good chunk of time.

Wait what?

In languages like Nilguardian (or howver you spell it) when you have subtitles on, you can read what people are saying... It's translated in the subtitles. But, with subtitles off you cannot read them.

I'm always tempted to turn off subs in games or movies because I never focus on the character speaking and just read the text. But, i am keeping it for this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... how do you use pockets (PS4) I'm pretty sure I equipped my torch by pressing R1, but now that doesn't seem to work.

Makes me feel dumb I can't figure this out.

edit: omg nvm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom