• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

taybul

The combat has a few things that have been bugging me but I think the smallest and most annoying one is the range at which you can lock on.

IT'S SO SMALL!

Yes! And for bosses I'm not even sure if you CAN lock on. There's no indication on the nameplate so I wasn't sure if the camera was auto rotating for me or if I was actually locked on. Really annoying.

MAX PAYMENT

No.

Your 670 will run the game at a stable 30fps with a mix of medium and high settings at the very least (dependent on the rest of your build).

The ps4 has frame rate issues that dip below 30 I to the 20s. You might have to turn down some settings but even if you have to drop a little below the ps4 standard you're going to get a much, much better performance (or at least the option of it).

The game is very easy on VRAM, so even if your 670 is a 2gb model you have little to worry about.

I5 2500k
8gb ram
pretty sure just 2g vram

Fuuuuck, in the beginning of the game it asks you if you want to simulate TW2 saves, and I said no thinking it would simulate all of the choices for me if I'd answer otherwise. Ends up it's actually the opposite!! And now I've doneso much sidequests, potion recipes and crafting recipes that I don't want to start up a new game. The question at the beginning could have been handled much, much better I feel. :mad:

Newman96

Wish there was some way to know which quests will be your level before activating them, it's playing with my OCD. Also leaves me hunting round for quests I can actually do.

Anyone else get the hang of the combat pretty much straight away? As long as you dodge frequently, time your strikes right and correctly judge your distance from the enemy it starts to flow really well and becomes so enjoyable.
I've noticed there is a learning and adjustment curve to many aspects of this game (movement, combat, magics, etc) but once you get the hang of it everything starts to play out great. I'm enjoying the game much more after a few hours of trial and error and figuring things out.

Just got my copy and started a new game. Excited to play but i've been staring at a loading screen for 3 minutes... Please tell me this isn't normal?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Get to the Inn and the guy somehow warps off the invisible horse through the fence to right in front of me. Also, the cut scene before your map is updated to go to the Inn, there was pausing as it was playing. Playing on PS4.

Other than that, not bad thus far. My first Witcher game and once I get better at it, I should enjoy it more.

MAX PAYMENT

Fuuuuck, in the beginning of the game it asks you if you want to simulate TW2 saves, and I said no thinking it would simulate all of the choices for me if I'd answer otherwise. Ends up it's actually the opposite!! And now I've doneso much sidequests, potion recipes and crafting recipes that I don't want to start up a new game. The question at the beginning could have been handled much, much better I feel. :mad:

Wait what? So if I want to make my choices through dialogue, hit "no" for simulate choices?

Does anyone know how to take screenshots on gog galaxy edition of witcher 3?

(Perhaps steam edition supports F12 but I dont have that version)

squidyj

This isn't super witchery but playing the game using my DS4 on PC I'm wondering if there's a way I can get the touchpad to do quicksaving for me. If there's some sort of app that'll allow that.

M.W.

I said no too. What am I missing out on exactly?

Zakalwe

Banned
I5 2500k
8gb ram
pretty sure just 2g vram

I may have oversold the 670 a little with a quick browse of the thread, but even if you have to hit medium to score stable 30 the performance increase would (imo) still be worth it.

Definitely ask for feedback there before you make up your mind.

Your processor and ram are more than enough. You can overclock your CPU easily of you want to, I have the same running at 4.3ghz with no issues so far.

Edit: I asked for you here. Keep an eye on it!

Dreathlock

My first impression after 6 hours is that the world is absolutely beautiful.
But that is all i have to say sadly. :(

The combat system is absolutely terrible and clunky.
Controls are terrible.
Story so far is... meh... The sidequests are boring. I dont know maybe my expectations were too high and maybe this game will get better later. I will continue. :)

Skyzard

Banned
My game crashes about once every 15 minutes. Getting a bit annoying.
It locks up so I can't do anything, and I can't even close it using task manager, I have to log out.
Very frustrating.

I assume you aren't overclocking...what gpu card and what did you set texture quality to? Not sure if that's it as seems a bit strong. No stuttering or anything, just a straight crash? Do you notice framerate dropping a tad? Might be pushing your card too much... (effort but might be worth having a look at it to see if there is dust build up if you can't check temps during framedrops).

owlbeak

Man, CD Projekt Red just killin' with extras for the standard edition physical copy. So glad I waited the extra few hours and bought this with the Strategy Guide. Look at all this stuff!

U0nIr0e.jpg

All other developers should be fucking ashamed.

Cake Boss

Banned
Coming from Dragon Age as my last RPG played, the combat feels amazing in terms of control and freedom and satisfaction, where dragon age was basically a click fest and watch your character swing.

MAX PAYMENT

I may have oversold the 670 a little with a quick browse of the thread, but even if you have to hit medium to score stable 30 the performance increase would (imo) still be worth it.

Definitely ask for feedback there before you make up your mind.

Your processor and ram are more than enough. You can overclock your CPU easily of you want to, I have the same running at 4.3ghz with no issues so far.

Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

What gpu do you have paired with your 2500k?

LifEndz

Just picked up my preorder from bestbuy. Could've sworn this was supposed to be a steelbook.

Edit: nvm. Collectors edition only. Can't wait to get home.

taybul

Are you sure that has to do with game choices from W2? I read that as just the way the game does saves, nothing to do with previous W2 saves. I picked yes and it creates a new save file for each save, much like it did for me in W2.

Waxwing

Coming from Dragon Age as my last RPG played, the combat feels amazing in terms of control and freedom and satisfaction, where dragon age was basically a click fest and watch your character swing.

At higher difficulty levels, it was a very satisfying tactical rpg- different genre altogether. The problem is that it was marketed as an action game.

I'm in the UK and bought the game digitally from the American PSN, the beard and hair dlc is out in the UK but doesn't seem to want to install. Do I have to wait for the DLC to go up on the American store and download from there to get it to work?

Skyzard

Banned
No overclocking. 970 and Ultra.
Read on reddit that setting it to borderless might work better than fullscreen. Might try that

If it doesn't help, try turning down foliage to high and hairworks off and see if you still get the crashes...

Btw you're not playing on 4k right? Hopefully higher than 1080p though if it's performance related crashes.

The combat has a few things that have been bugging me but I think the smallest and most annoying one is the range at which you can lock on.

IT'S SO SMALL!

GOod point, I wish it had dark souls style targetting in terms of distance. Otherwise, I actually really like the combat :D

Stoze

Wait what? So if I want to make my choices through dialogue, hit "no" for simulate choices?

Wrong, hit "yes" to simulate choices, and you get a scene where you make them through dialogue. He was complaining the opposite happened when you hit "no", which is nothing happens and the game goes to defaults.

That is laughable that they didn't explain that better in game.

MAX PAYMENT

Wrong, hit "yes" to simulate choices, and you get a scene where you make them through dialogue. He was complaining the opposite happened when you hit "no", which is nothing happens and the game goes to defaults.

Thanks man. Saved me some heartache.

Horp

If it doesn't help, try turning down foliage to high and hairworks off and see if you still get the crashes...

Hairworks already off. Couldn't stand the self-illumination-yellow look on geralts hair when his beard is gray/white and renderer with a totally different kind of shader :)
But ok, will try to turn down foliage.

And on another note... I'm not really impressed with the game so far :/ The graphics are so-so, but I was prepared, but the movement/animations (especially outside of combat) is just... way jankier than what I'm used to. Shadows of Mordor or AC games are just so much more smooth and natural. Why isn't the movement/run speed analog? Feels so unfresh. Well well, the setting is nice and the story seems OK so far.

A couple of hours in and this is what I kind of think so far.

+I really like the combat, the magic all has purpose and dismemberment is dope. Preparing for fights is awesome
+Game is amazingly pretty(PS4).
+The writing is soooooo good and geralt is as great as ever.
+Monster desgin and exploration is great.

-General bugs and the menus are a bit much
-control issues and a very weird stutter on PS4 when trotting with the horsey.

I cant wait to see novigrand(think im spelling it right)

I don't think so... in fact says "Español (Latino)" if I'm not mistaken.

Ah latin spanish version then.
Hoping the castillian spanish one does it though, like the translated books, although they didnt do it in the first two games so...

So i've got this today:

The box is really damn big, the statuette is enormous. Every employee of CDP made a signature inside the box, it's really damn special.
bonus picture of the styrofoam

Now all I can do is read the artboook, because the game won't run on my PC :)

How is Geralts face in your statue? Many people are getting burned face geralt painted like shit.

Zakalwe

Banned
Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

What gpu do you have paired with your 2500k?

No problem.

I've got an MSI 970. Highly recommend it if you're considering an upgrade any time soon. Got mine just a few hours ago and the jump from my old 670 is huge.

I'll test it on GTAV and a few other games later, but TW3's performance with this card and processor has really impressed me. This CPU has legs.

Dynasty8

Any idea what the default choices are if you select "no"? Has this been answered anywhere?

IMACOMPUTA

Lol I feel like your post could hae been worded much better. What do you mean?

Also, what does the game do if you load a partially completed tw2 save? Do you get to pick your choices for decisions you didn't reach?

Yes.

I said no too. What am I missing out on exactly?
You won't be able to choose which of the choices you've chosen in past games to simulate your TW2 game. Thinking about it now, not sure why I struggled with the question. "Simulate" does make sense, I should have played the beginning in french juste to make sure.

Are you sure that has to do with game choices from W2? I read that as just the way the game does saves, nothing to do with previous W2 saves. I picked yes and it creates a new save file for each save, much like it did for me in W2.

Yeah I'm sure, the guy that asks you those questions skipped over all of them in my game.

Acinixys

Man the physical PC install is overly complicated

Have to physically find and add the game to your GoG Galaxy library after you install it

What the hell CDP. Make shit easy please. Im already
salty.gif
that i cant install the game on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom