• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
After playing a Dragon Age Inquisition not so long ago, something that jumps out as a giant improvement is the conversation direction. The back and forth talking is framed and blocked far, far better than basically any big open world game I can think of. It isn't the greatest in a game ever, of course, but the different interactions differ just enough to have that little extra effect.

CHC

The game is beautiful, and I'm sure once I spend some significant time with it I'll become thoroughly immersed, but I have to echo what others have said about the "feel" of the controls. Geralt controls like crap, it's simultaneously clumsy, but weightless. The combat sounds are really quiet and light, and it's hard to tell when enemies are actually hitting you. Trying to manuever the horse out a fenced in area or jump over something are needlessly difficult exercises.

Like I said I'm sure I'll love the game when I sink into it, but the controls are really awful feeling.

brau

Is it safe to play Gwent on PS4 yet?

Gwent... that name sounds so dumb. haha.

Played it... didn't really get it. Lost. Moved on. I dont get some of this card games. The only one that was somewhat fun was the xenogears card game, and it was really hard to win because of the controls.

Gwent... that name sounds so dumb. haha.

Played it... didn't really get it. Lost. Moved on. I dont get some of this card games. The only one that was somewhat fun was the xenogears card game, and it was really hard to win because of the controls.

Yeah same I didn't care for the card game lol

SliChillax

Wrong, hit "yes" to simulate choices, and you get a scene where you make them through dialogue. He was complaining the opposite happened when you hit "no", which is nothing happens and the game goes to defaults.

That is laughable that they didn't explain that better in game.

I hit yes and I didn't get a scene, I'm at the point where I'm gathering info about the griffin in the beginning.

Denton

Really don't get the complaints about controls, it controls normally for me.
My only niggle so far is that I wish the camera was closer to geralt, similar to Witcher 2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are CD Projekt Red known for listening to fan complaints and fixing them in patches? Seeing as i'm not the only one having some issues with the controls, it be nice of them to do something about it.

After playing a Dragon Age Inquisition not so long ago, something that jumps out as a giant improvement is the conversation direction. The back and forth talking is framed and blocked far, far better than basically any big open world game I can think of. It isn't the greatest in a game ever, of course, but the different interactions differ just enough to have that little extra effect.
Agree so hard with this. Dialogue in dragon age inquisition bored me to sleep so much that after a while I just began to skip most of it, where as in the witcher 3 the dialogue is so much more interesting and gripping it's amazing.

LProtag

Is there any warning about failing or missing quests due to advancing the main story too far? I'm always worried about missables.

Serrato

Err i really don't know where to go.

I'm level 4 and got into Velen but everything bandits and monster I find are like lvl 7, 9 or 10. And since i'm playing on Death's March, I kinda don't want to be one shotted by everything yet hahaa

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so I guess for the save import you just choose the latest save from the fuckload it presents you with?

thats what I did at least :/

total play time is way off.

It says I have more time played than I've even had the game for.

I came here to post the same thing. What is up with this? Says I've played for more than a day when the game hasn't even been out for a day. At first I thought it might be in game world time but I've definitely ran around and meditated for much more than one in game days worth.

This kind of thing bugs my data mining self since it throws off any true sense of play time that I like to keep track of.

Is it a bug or am I being stupid and missing something?

Just got my physical edition, box was super heavy. Came with an actual manual, some stickers, a soundrack, a compendium, a map, free code for skins for the mobile game and a download code for digital issue of The Witcher comic. Pretty nice bunch of extra free stuff.

Auctopus

Sorry, guys. I'd heard Gwent crashes some games.

Is there a way to heal fully in death March without using food? I see meditation doesn't heal in this mode.

Horp

Nah, still hardlocks. Third failed attempt on first boss because of the game freezing up. Feeling kind of done until next patch I think.

GOod point, I wish it had dark souls style targetting in terms of distance. Otherwise, I actually really like the combat :D
Yea, the combat is actually pretty good this time around. It's only held back by the odd quirk or jankiness.

However, I've had no major issues with it playing on Death March.

PC version has crashed 4 times in about 6 hours of gameplay. Currently it's freezing in menus. Music keeps playing but controls are unresponsive. Task Manager shows it is Not Responding.

I have Nvidia Shadowplay enabled. Could that be it? I didn't see this menu freezing but until I enabled it.

I'm running an i5 2500 and GTX 980 on Windows 8.1.

The worst is that I can't force close it from task manager because I can't get the task manager window in focus, but I can somehow get to the Start screen and restart. Go figure.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Tigress

Dang... now that I've played Gwent would have been nice to have a physical deck (too bad that's only a perk of one special edition. I could totally see people buying that to play if they liked card games).

SpokkX

seriously, that's the second comment I read about framerate being not an issue on PS4. Have you tried combat at night with multiple enemies and your torch out? It becomes barely playable. Even at daytime combat against multiple enemies the framerate is nowhere near 30 fps. I can't believe that's an issue for specific consoles.

Yeah.. If 10 people say its smooth and just 1 sees major frameratedrops... I always trust that 1 person

Many people really cant tell :(

Anyway i have yet to see major fps drops in the xbox version. Does anyone have footage during night in a fight on xbox?

mrlion

PC version has crashed 4 times in about 6 hours of gameplay. Currently it's freezing in menus. Music keeps playing but controls are unresponsive. Task Manager shows it is Not Responding.

I have Nvidia Shadowplay enabled. Could that be it? I didn't see this menu freezing but until I enabled it.

I'm running an i5 2500 and GTX 980 on Windows 8.1.

The worst is that I can't force close it from task manager because I can't get the task manager window in focus, but I can somehow get to the Start screen and restart. Go figure.

Anyone else having similar issues?

A lot of people has had issues with Shadowplay...disable it. If you need to capture use something else like FRAPS.

Dante316

I don't know how to upgrade the character at all, I'm level 2 now and see 2 blank squares. Is there a digital manual for this game?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I guess I'm not as sensitive to frame drops since I don't really notice anything significant outside of cutscene stutter in the PS4 version. Unfortunately, my CE statue came with the ugly ass derpface, so that's heartbreaking. :(

Ateron

I'm liking the game so far, but there's a bit of a problem that's driving me nuts (playing on ps4 btw).

The game seems to hold up 30fps pretty well, and I haven't noticed drops even when fighting 5-6 enemies at a time, but everytime I pan the camera, even the slightest the game stutters, like it's streaming the landscape.

I'm a layman so I don't know how else to put it. It happens *everywhere*, even inside houses and other indoor environments. If I run forward without panning the camera none of this is apparent. If you pan the camera fast you might not notice it, but try to do it slowly (as I found out first, by admiring the landscape).

The slowest you pan the camera the bigger the stutters, more like bumps to me. It's really annoying and can't unsee it anymore. Again, I'm a layman, but it doesn't seem your average framedrops. The slower you move the camera the bigger the stutter becomes. Anyone else noticing this? Patch 1.02 here

Other than that I like the game but this is really killing the immersion for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom