• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobs34

So after doing a little snooping around it appears that may game is continuously locking up every time the game tries to load out of the first cut scene with Geralt.

Kuro

PC version has crashed 4 times in about 6 hours of gameplay. Currently it's freezing in menus. Music keeps playing but controls are unresponsive. Task Manager shows it is Not Responding.

I have Nvidia Shadowplay enabled. Could that be it? I didn't see this menu freezing but until I enabled it.

I'm running an i5 2500 and GTX 980 on Windows 8.1.

The worst is that I can't force close it from task manager because I can't get the task manager window in focus, but I can somehow get to the Start screen and restart. Go figure.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Same thing happening to me.

Did anyone get the Best Buy steelbook copy? Interested in seeing how it looks

I have a feeling they're somehow going to mess it up just like they did with the SSB Wii U LE lol

So after doing a little snooping around it appears that may game is continuously locking up every time the game tries to load out of the first cut scene with Geralt.

this happened to me, I changed the game to run in windowed mode and that let me continue. Might be unrelated

Anyone having an issue getting the game to actually load after installing on PS4?

I have sat through the unskippable cut scenes 6 times now, uninstalled, shut down the console etc etc...still won't load :(

Stare-Bear

Banned
Just started the ps4 version, loving it so far. Framerate during gameplay seems decent enough, but I've noticed something odd during camera movement - it seems as if there's a bit of a stutter involved when moving the camera around, not related to frame rate, but more to the camera movement itself.

It seems as if there's some sort of weird deceleration going on, when you move the camera at varying speeds. Maybe this can be attributed to the people who feel like the frame rate is juddery on camera movement? If you hold the stick all the way to the side and spin the camera the frame rate seems solid, it's only when moving between slower speeds that it seems to happen.

I may be completely wrong of course!

A lot of people has had issues with Shadowplay...disable it. If you need to capture use something else like FRAPS.

Any link to a thread with people mentioning ShadowPlay causing problems? Thanks for letting me know.

As for using FRAPS, no thanks. It's paid and Shadowplay is free. If I have to record I'll use OBS.

Newman96

Any way to up your carry limit? Or anyone know what might be taking up all my weight? I sell all the weapons/armour I don't have equipped

Zakalwe

Banned
Thank you, I really appreciate the help.

What gpu do you have paired with your 2500k?

FYI:

I have a stock 4670k and an overclocked 760. Everything on high, HBAO+, no bloom, no motion blur, no depth of field, no hairworks. I've only played for two hours but until now I've always had between 35 and 40fps.

These settings are going to be as god as if not slightly better than the ps4 with HBAO+ on.

If he can score 35-40fps then your system will have no problem. Your card is slightly faster than his and your CPU is more than enough.

Already posted?
OJ1SWHy.png

Ateron

Just started the ps4 version, loving it so far. Framerate during gameplay seems decent enough, but I've noticed something odd during camera movement - it seems as if there's a bit of a stutter involved when moving the camera around, not related to frame rate, but more to the camera movement itself.

It seems as if there's some sort of weird deceleration going on, when you move the camera at varying speeds. Maybe this can be attributed to the people who feel like the frame rate is juddery on camera movement? If you hold the stick all the way to the side and spin the camera the frame rate seems solid, it's only when moving between slower speeds that it seems to happen.

I may be completely wrong of course!

Yep, I'm having the same exact problem. Don't think its connected to the fps neither. Can't unsee it now, it's driving me nuts. Nuts, I tell ya!

Where do I get the Temerian armor? (btw I've only been playing for like 2 hours, this has probably been asked multiple times before)

Also for some reason the game always starts as borderless window for me, I have to set it to fullscreen when in the game but it never seems to save. Anyone else?

Dominator

I must say I'm impressed alone by the fact they they added the soundtrack in the regular physical copies. That's awesome. Got that, the map, a thank you note, the manual and a compendium. Awesome stuff.

Is there a way to make it so that when trying to skip dialogue, it doesn't pop up with "Space to Skip" at the button and make me hit the button twice every time?

diamount

Banned
I haven't experienced a single crash yet, from 8 hours of play as of today. I'm also getting a consistent 50 fps with hairworks on when against monsters that utilize it like a pack of wolves, so I'm happy. Ultra provides a negligible quality upgrade so I'm happy to forgo it for a big fps increase.

Just took out the level 7 deserters in the temerian treasure quest, was a tough scrap and left my heart beating.. not much like the noonwraith or w/e, that was a fight. But the wraiths that guard the places of power are a complete cakewalk.

Lunar15

I'm liking the game so far, but there's a bit of a problem that's driving me nuts (playing on ps4 btw).

The game seems to hold up 30fps pretty well, and I haven't noticed drops even when fighting 5-6 enemies at a time, but everytime I pan the camera, even the slightest the game stutters, like it's streaming the landscape.

I'm a layman so I don't know how else to put it. It happens *everywhere*, even inside houses and other indoor environments. If I run forward without panning the camera none of this is apparent. If you pan the camera fast you might not notice it, but try to do it slowly (as I found out first, by admiring the landscape).

The slowest you pan the camera the bigger the stutters, more like bumps to me. It's really annoying and can't unsee it anymore. Again, I'm a layman, but it doesn't seem your average framedrops. The slower you move the camera the bigger the stutter becomes. Anyone else noticing this? Patch 1.02 here

Other than that I like the game but this is really killing the immersion for me.

I assume this is related to how the designers actually load the visuals, which is done in the range of where Geralt is viewing. They did a presentation on it a little while back. It basically makes it so that they don't load in a whole level, just the slice that the camera is viewing at any given time. I also assume that this is why they said there will never be a photo mode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The 'oh you went down by the shore or into a little nook? Now you have to run ALL the way around to get back up' bullshit is already irritating the hell out of me.

Where do I get the Temerian armor? (btw I've only been playing for like 2 hours, this has probably been asked multiple times before)

Also for some reason the game always starts as borderless window for me, I have to set it to fullscreen when in the game but it never seems to save. Anyone else?

Bram, the merchant. They aren't all that, you can't equip it until Level 4 though and you still have to pay a hefty price to buy them.

Tovarisc

I think that's the amount of in-game time (shorter and bloated by meditation), not real-life time.

It's real-life time. If meditation affected it then it would be insane number, literally day or two, after even prologue zone if you play on e.g. normal and meditate to restore HP. I have meditated hours (to get potions back) and that is still "only" 12 hours.

Tested just now too, meditated for 1h and still shows 12 hours as played.

Stare-Bear

Banned
I assume this is related to how the designers actually load the visuals, which is done in the range of where Geralt is viewing. They did a presentation on it a little while back. It basically makes it so that they don't load in a whole level, just the slice that the camera is viewing at any given time. I also assume that this is why they said there will never be a photo mode.

I just made a post about this, I have the same problem myself but it appears to be more to do with the analogue stick dead zones or deceleration than anything to do with graphics. Like I said, if you hold the stick full left or right and spin the camera, the frame rate is perfectly stable. It's when making smaller movements at different speeds that it feels jittery.

What are the differences between the difficulty level ? Is it more significant than enemies dealing more damage ? I'm tempted to start the game on Death March from the get go. Is anyone playing on that difficulty ? Is it frustrating ?

If you kill a wolf with igni, or maybe char the corpse after the kill, you get cooked meat instead of raw. Not sure if it restores more health.

Peff

Nah that is definitely real life play time and its unaffected by meditation.

I'm pretty sure I haven't been playing for 12 hours ever since I got it 24 hours ago. Maybe meditation doesn't affect it but it's not real time either. Or it's glitched.

brau

What are the differences between the difficulty level ? Is it more significant than enemies dealing more damage ? I'm tempted to start the game on Death March from the get go. Is anyone playing on that difficulty ? Is it frustrating ?

I am playing on hard mode. Good challenge. Health doesn't replenish automatically. Need to meditate more to get it back.

Ateron

I assume this is related to how the designers actually load the visuals, which is done in the range of where Geralt is viewing. They did a presentation on it a little while back. It basically makes it so that they don't load in a whole level, just the slice that the camera is viewing at any given time.

Hmm..makes sense, but then it means that this probably won't get fixed, right?
Bummer..the game is perfectly playable as it is but everytime I want to pan the camera to check out the scenery or to plan an attack on some guys I'm slapped in the face with that stuttering. Could see it in BB but never to this extent..oh well.

Dries

Does anyone else experience some small "stutter" when just gently strolling on top of Roach? I mean just walking and not pressing any buttons. It's really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom