• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the horse not jump? and like RDR I wish you could jump on the horse from behind.

I was able to run up and mount the horse from behind,so it's definitely there. Just a bit tricky to get the animation.

So I've got a few hours under my belt now. Almost done with White Orchard (I think) and I am absolutely loving it. Fantastic atmosphere, the combat feels far more robust and intuitive than Witcher 2 and I'm just having a great time running around.

erawsd

I'm pretty sure I haven't been playing for 12 hours ever since I got it 24 hours ago. Maybe meditation doesn't affect it but it's not real time either. Or it's glitched.

I don't know, yours must be glitched. Its definitely a real timer.

Ateron

Is this updated automatically?

Went to pick up the CE strat guide and got a nice 10 dollar discount!!!

On ps4 first thing I did was pop in the disc, let it install and then manually searched for updates. Went straight to 1.02 and doesn't even show 1.01 in the update history section for me..

Yopis

What are the differences between the difficulty level ? Is it more significant than enemies dealing more damage ? I'm tempted to start the game on Death March from the get go. Is anyone playing on that difficulty ? Is it frustrating ?

Played W2 on dark mode feels about the same. Having fun honestly glad I went this route. A challenge but not cheap with all the tools they give you.

PC version has crashed 4 times in about 6 hours of gameplay. Currently it's freezing in menus. Music keeps playing but controls are unresponsive. Task Manager shows it is Not Responding.

I have Nvidia Shadowplay enabled. Could that be it? I didn't see this menu freezing but until I enabled it.

I'm running an i5 2500 and GTX 980 on Windows 8.1.

The worst is that I can't force close it from task manager because I can't get the task manager window in focus, but I can somehow get to the Start screen and restart. Go figure.

Anyone else having similar issues?

I didnt have any issues with shadow play and probably recorded 2 hours of shadowplay in 5-6 hours on similar tech (i7, titan x, win 8.1)

sometimes delayed crashes could be due to memory leaks - how much RAM do you have?

BTW in win 8.1 if a program crashes I often alt-ctl-delete and click "Sign out" then immediately cancel it, brings me back to the regular desktop and has typically closed the crashed application

Dynasty8

What are the differences between the difficulty level ? Is it more significant than enemies dealing more damage ? I'm tempted to start the game on Death March from the get go. Is anyone playing on that difficulty ? Is it frustrating ?

Definitely start on Death March. Not frustrating...beginning is a little hard since you're just getting used to the game, but afterwards becomes a perfect challenge. Normal is way too easy IMO.

Also, don't get frustrated on the first boss. It's easy once you understand what you're supposed to do.

LgnFFRL.jpg

Steam in game timer at 15hours. So freaking good so far. The first time you fight the
Wild Hunt dude in the caves
toke all my vitality recovering food. Was chugging apple juice and laying down traps the entire fight.

Only stopped because the mail man showed up with a little something for me. Dunno if ill open the guide till after I beat the game though. I do need to figure out storage as I got sets of gear I don't wanna sell but are cluttering up my inventory.
Like the Temeria set you buy off the dude at the start of the game
. Taking a little break now to go get some milk shakes

So, I'm on my 6th time watching the opening cutscenes on the ps4 since you can't skip them and the game keeps freezing on the loading after it.

brau

Which difficulty is that ? The last or the one before ?

One before. I have come close to dying. But mostly because i have not used meditation to get my health back. So i always have like a third of my health haha. I also don't use the shield sign. So many things i have to remember to do.

A horse riding tip, holding down attack on horseback while looking at the enemy you're attacking will make the camera go into slow motion, allowing you to hit your target easier. Found this out from the witcher subreddit, they have a whole thread on tips and tricks. This one is particularly useful.

About two hours in now. (Ps4) The controls are certainly not great. Many things don't seem responsive and especially when you try to walk precisely it gets frustrating.

Other than that I have a great time. Framerate was shit in the opening area, but since then it has been pretty good.

Does anyone else experience some small "stutter" when just gently strolling on top of Roach? I mean just walking and not pressing any buttons. It's really annoying.

Yea. I noticed it in the preview trailers as well. It's something to do with the trotting animation, it trots then pauses and trots again. Very annoying since galloping is completely smooth in comparison.

Shouldn't be too hard for them to fix. I'm sure if we bitch about it enough they will fix it. lol

Skyzard

Banned
If you kill a wolf with igni, or maybe char the corpse after the kill, you get cooked meat instead of raw. Not sure if it restores more health.

Hah, that's great.

Yeah, he'll only jump if you are near an obstacle. You can also jump on him from behind, Geralt does a little splits jump and hops on.

Nice. Although you can still hop with the horse with nothing near you - just tap B, if you hold it Geralt gets off. Timings might be a tiny bit iffy I dunno.

Nah, still hardlocks. Third failed attempt on first boss because of the game freezing up. Feeling kind of done until next patch I think.

That sucks...no CPU overclock? Maybe dial it back...third party apps...argh that does sound like a pain to figure out, sorry to hear that.

Mrninjaman

Neo Member
Ok random question I posted in spoiler thread but no response so figure I'll try here.

How hard is it to avoid the "love scenes" and Nudity? I love these games but this has become a point of contention recently.

Thanks in advance for any advice you all can give.

Bumping it up to maybe get some feedback

Majukun

Figure out block trigger (on left). You gotta time it with the attack. Good luck with multiple enemIes
thanks

nitpicking the game a bit...the "place of interest" system in place to make you find new places it's not really "classy"..I understand the necesity to give some direction with a world that vast..but wouldn't be better to make them appear through NPC dialogue instead of just put them on the map?since the amount of NPC with nothing to say it's another "problem" of the game..it would have take two birds with one stone...

Sai

Im guessing 4 titan x's is a big deal.
Well, it's supposed to be. Makes me feel kinda sorry for the guy, spending all that money on those four cards, and with every game it's like—"the scaling sucks".

I figured SLI scaling with over 2 cards wouldn't be as big of an issue by this time. Shame.

IMACOMPUTA

How do you get up to the deserters near the Missing In Action quest?
If you're talking about what I think youre talking about, directly behind the platform they are on (opposite of the road) there's a collapsed brick chimney or something that you can jump onto. And then you have to do some jumping/climbing.

d9b

Banned
Forgive me if it was already answered...
Is there official response from CDPR regarding game crashing while trying to play Gwent card game? I hope fix is in the works....

Can't get past the first couple of cutscenes on Ps4. The game keeps getting stuck on a loading screen... I have installed the patch, but so far nothing... Anyone run into this problem?

Fou-Lu

Am I the only one who finds higher difficulties that make it so the hardened Witcher can take less punches from a peasant than the peasant can take from the Witcher ridiculous? I am tempted to change it just because of this.

thatJohann

I hate the hand to hand combat. Add in the wanky controls and semi auto lock on and you've got yourself a frustrating mess. Oh and 1 min load times after death. I'm getting sick of this game already. Sluggish and slowdown are annoying me too much.

IMACOMPUTA

Am I the only one who finds higher difficulties that make it so the hardened Witcher can take less punches from a peasant than the peasant can take from the Witcher ridiculous? I am tempted to change it just because of this.
Yeah, that's really dumb.
Im just playing it on normal. It makes more sense that I'm an overpowered badass when it comes to the story and everything anyways. I'm too old to deal with dying in games. That, and generally the way death is handled in games is completely dumb.

Majukun

I hate the hand to hand combat. Add in the wanky controls and semi auto lock on and you've got yourself a frustrating mess. Oh and 1 min load times after death. I'm getting sick of this game already. Sluggish and slowdown are annoying me too much.

are you on console or PC?
i have very fast load times on pc..but i'm using an ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom