• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Only on consoles, since it's classified technically as a separate title on the system.

There's nothing that existing owners would need the GOTY version for though, is there? It's just the base game + expansions all in one.

There isn't anything console gamers would need.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I do hope that the GotY edition includes some additional content.

The missing content for me is armor that upgrades with your level AND extra mutagen slots.

That would be an excellent bonus for console owners.

I've already got it on PC with mods.

Eusis

Just found out about my choices on the
Carnal Sins
quest

FUCK!
Oh hahaha, I think I can guess how that went.

I went about it the correct way BECAUSE
I did in fact just cut him down at first, but then I thought "Ok, I'd love to see how he'd defend that shit" so I loaded a checkpoint save and then... oh wow, this is getting interesting.

So after putting off going to the
Isle of Mist
for ages, I finally did it last night. The subsequent fight was a barrel of fun, loved it. Not too surprised to find the game isn't done yet!

On another subject though, I've been going around and finding the Wolf gear using guides on the internet. Is there a way you could ever actually find this stuff without stumbling upon it by mistake or using a guide? Like, is there some quest line I'm usurping by following an online guide?

Coreda

On another subject though, I've been going around and finding the Wolf gear using guides on the internet. Is there a way you could ever actually find this stuff without stumbling upon it by mistake or using a guide? Like, is there some quest line I'm usurping by following an online guide?

There is a Wolf School gear quest. Found a page which lists where to buy the maps. I came across them naturally (for a long time I didn't wear any Witcher school gear so by the time I wanted to craft them I had accumulated pretty much all the maps).

someday

Banned
Just pray that your game isn't glitched there. I wasn't able to open the first chest to get the basic set so never was able to wear Wolf gear. I also had a problem in the first dlc with getting the diagrams. Apparently it has to do with adding the dlc after starting the game. I attempted the HoS story as a fresh start and had no trouble with the diagrams.

someday

Banned
They fixed the bug with the release of B&W.
I don't have B&W yet but I do have the first dlc and I downloaded the other free dlc. I wasn't able to get the wolf gear or the chests in HoS on my ng+ playthrough. I was able to get them both by doing a brand new start of the dlc though. The bug isn't fixed and it was incredibly frustrating to not be able to continue with my level 67 character. I'm going to get B&W tomorrow and start another game. Luckily I'm enjoying the game but I wasn't planning on a full reply already.

Greddleok

Well, I've finished Blood and Wine. Really loved the story and characters. So good.

Despite TW3 being one of my favourite games, I feel like there's so much missed opportunity with it. It could so easily be better with a few minor changes. I've managed to look past the combat and some of the movement jank has been fixed, but now my most hated part is the level-up system. Damnit, so close to perfect.

I don't have B&W yet but I do have the first dlc and I downloaded the other free dlc. I wasn't able to get the wolf gear or the chests in HoS on my ng+ playthrough. I was able to get them both by doing a brand new start of the dlc though. The bug isn't fixed and it was incredibly frustrating to not be able to continue with my level 67 character. I'm going to get B&W tomorrow and start another game. Luckily I'm enjoying the game but I wasn't planning on a full reply already.

How the shitting hell did you get to level 67?! I'm now 31 and nearing the end of the game (
I'm back in Novigrad with the gang in the Chameleon
) and by far the largest chunks of my XP come from the main quests. The side quests don't seem to grant much XP, I just do them because they're fun.

someday

Banned
How the shitting hell did you get to level 67?! I'm now 31 and nearing the end of the game (
I'm back in Novigrad with the gang in the Chameleon
) and by far the largest chunks of my XP come from the main quests. The side quests don't seem to grant much XP, I just do them because they're fun.
NG+ so that's twice through the original game. I rushed through the first time because I just really wanted to see how it ended lol so I spent way more time exploring and playing gwent the second time. I was level 33 after the first time so it was easy getting to 67. I wish I wasn't having weird issues since I have lots of money, herbs, potions, and a nice gwent deck.

NG+ so that's twice through the original game. I rushed through the first time because I just really wanted to see how it ended lol so I spent way more time exploring and playing gwent the second time. I was level 33 after the first time so it was easy getting to 67. I wish I wasn't having weird issues since I have lots of money, herbs, potions, and a nice gwent deck.

Cool! That's a real shame though.

Quotient

I'm currently at Level 17 and have about 10,000 crowns and nothing to spend it on. I haven't purchased any armor or sword since i got my best stuff from loot - both swords are at 200 & main body armor is at 100. What would folks recommend i buy and where from?

I'm currently at Level 17 and have about 10,000 crowns and nothing to spend it on. I haven't purchased any armor or sword since i got my best stuff from loot - both swords are at 200 & main body armor is at 100. What would folks recommend i buy and where from?

Get some of the witcher treasure hunt quests done. Use the resulting diagrams to make yourself a set of witcher gear. You might need to buy materials to make them.

Also gwent cards at every opportunity!

Quotient

Get some of the witcher treasure hunt quests done. Use the resulting diagrams to make yourself a set of witcher gear. You might need to buy materials to make them.

Also gwent cards at every opportunity!

I'll do some of the treasure hunts and see what i find. I haven't played gwent - i have avoided it mostly.

Eusis

After realizing I missed one due to being too inexperienced and having a poor deck I got into Gwent more seriously. Not super serious, but I can win many matches atleast by a thread.

What weirded me out is just how it's integrated into the game. It's like this thing that no one knew about and just popped up in this game, and suddenly everyone's playing it and it's apparently been around for decades. And knowingly stars characters relevant to YOUR journey specifically. It's really surreal.

I'll do some of the treasure hunts and see what i find. I haven't played gwent - i have avoided it mostly.

I'd recommend choosing and using a witcher set anyway, they're pretty much better than all other equips in the game at the respective levels.
You don't need to craft more than one set (and probably won't be able to afford to even if you wanted to!)

Quotient

I'd recommend choosing and using a witcher set anyway, they're pretty much better than all other equips in the game at the respective levels.
You don't need to craft more than one set (and probably won't be able to afford to even if you wanted to!)

Which of the schools have the best equipment?

Which of the schools have the best equipment?

That depends entirely on how you want to play the game (Melee, Signs, heavy/medium/light armour).

If I remember rightly, it goes like this:

Feline = light armour, strengthens fast melee,
Griffin = medium armour, strengthens Signs
Ursine = Heavy armour, strengthens heavy melee.

Wolf is a more jack of all trades, master of none that got added later by DLC, but requires a certain level of progression in the story to get that you probably haven't reached by level 17.

Just finished the main game and was given the worst ending. Now I feel absolutely terrible and almost don't even want to play the DLC.

This really is a special game, the only other game that's left me in a situation where i feel the need to mull things over afterwards is TLoU.

Eusis

I admittedly cheated for the answers to not get the shit ending.

Aside from one. I just gave into the impulse to be a little shit and it actually paid off.

someday

Banned
I admittedly cheated for the answers to not get the shit ending.

Aside from one. I just gave into the impulse to be a little shit and it actually paid off.
I did too and I'm so glad. I'm certain I wouldn't have made some of those choices on my own, but at the same time, I enjoyed every scene that followed.
The snowball fight and wrecking Avall'ach's lair specifically.

The God

Oh hahaha, I think I can guess how that went.

I went about it the correct way BECAUSE
I did in fact just cut him down at first, but then I thought "Ok, I'd love to see how he'd defend that shit" so I loaded a checkpoint save and then... oh wow, this is getting interesting.

Man fuck that quest, I'm gonna pretend like it didn't happen tbh.
I don't like how Geralt just gives up when he you get it wrong. "damn I cut down the wrong dude, there goes my revenge for Priscilla, oh well" wtf? They could've had Hubert go to Oxenfurt or White Orchard or some shit. I'm mad as hell.

Ptaaty

Steam sale has Witcher 3 base game + Expansion pass for $50.

With the GOTY so close - what do you say? For PC/steam these will be equivalent (right)? What do you think the GOTY sells for? $50?

I finally have a gpu that can play it and want to buy - but I can wait another week or two if there is any reason to.

Thoughts?

Quotient

Steam sale has Witcher 3 base game + Expansion pass for $50.

With the GOTY so close - what do you say? For PC/steam these will be equivalent (right)? What do you think the GOTY sells for? $50?

I finally have a gpu that can play it and want to buy - but I can wait another week or two if there is any reason to.

Thoughts?

I bought the game on a similar sale back in may/june. As i understand it the GOTY is just the game packaged with all the DLC and patches.

Quotient

Does anyone else find it really frustrating how the camera zooms when in "witcher sense" mode. You speed a significant amount of time in that mode and having the camera zoom in makes it really difficult to navigate in small spaces.

Eusis

Does anyone else find it really frustrating how the camera zooms when in "witcher sense" mode. You speed a significant amount of time in that mode and having the camera zoom in makes it really difficult to navigate in small spaces.
There's an option for that now under gameplay. Turn off Fisheye effect (on is the option you want because it confirms you want the fisheye effect disabled.)

Nohar

Playing this game again with High-Ultra settings and nearly consistent 60 FPS is a blast!

I had to deactivate Nvidia Hairworks though. Holy macaroni, that option is not worth the FPS loss.

There's an option for that now under gameplay. Turn off Fisheye effect (on is the option you want because it confirms you want the fisheye effect disabled.)

Well, it was a good idea to stop by this thread. This is going to change my gaming experience.

After well over 100 hours finally went to Kaer Morhen today. Here I am thinking it's just the one area with the Witcher school. But no it's totally explorable outside too. The content of this game continues to astound me. As I said over 100 hours and I'm still finding new monsters too. Incredible.

The God

After well over 100 hours finally went to Kaer Morhen today. Here I am thinking it's just the one area with the Witcher school. But no it's totally explorable outside too. The content of this game continues to astound me. As I said over 100 hours and I'm still finding new monsters too. Incredible.

Got there a couple of days ago and the "Ugly Baby" quest is one of the best imo

Finished the main game about a week ago. What a fantastic game. Bought and played through Hearts of Stone almost immediately afterwards, and loved every bit of it. Planning on starting up NG+ soon, and also Blood and Wine.

This game also made me go back to Witcher 2 that I have owned but never really got into. Playing through that now. Kind of hard to deal with the linearity after Wild Hunt's fantastic open world, but it's pretty decent so far.

Finished the main game about a week ago. What a fantastic game. Bought and played through Hearts of Stone almost immediately afterwards, and loved every bit of it. Planning on starting up NG+ soon, and also Blood and Wine.

This game also made me go back to Witcher 2 that I have owned but never really got into. Playing through that now. Kind of hard to deal with the linearity after Wild Hunt's fantastic open world, but it's pretty decent so far.
Yeah I bought Witcher 2 on Xbone about a month ago. I do like what I've played but it's a completely different experience. I'm amazed it was made by the same people.

Eusis

Yeah I bought Witcher 2 on Xbone about a month ago. I do like what I've played but it's a completely different experience. I'm amazed it was made by the same people.
If you went Witcher 1, 2, then 3 it'd be believable.

But then, a lot of that is on 2 and 3 having similar combat while 1 is a solid first effort. One that shows they learned a lot since because it feels way more different,

Robaperas

I have a small question, so I think I'm in the last main quest
Final Preparations
, I'm currently at level 33, do I keep exploring North-East Novigrad?, because I found 2 or 3 quests from the first DLC, and I don't remember if those "?" were there before buying it.

One question I have. I just started Final Path or whatever it's called. Part of the Ugly Baby chain. I'm only at 22. Both DLCs have recommended levels of above 30. Ive done a million side quests too and I still feel like getting to 32 is going to take forever. Do the final main quests give massive xp?

Robaperas

One question I have. I just started Final Path or whatever it's called. Part of the Ugly Baby chain. I'm only at 22. Both DLCs have recommended levels of above 30. Ive done a million side quests too and I still feel like getting to 32 is going to take forever. Do the final main quests give massive xp?

Yes a bunch of XP, I did those a few days ago and levelled up really fast.

Eusis

The main quest is practically your main way of leveling.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member

they do. you've only just started Act 2 so there is still a way to go. towards the end of this act you will get a load of XP thrown at you then you start Act 3.

my first playthrough i finished at lvl 34 and second was lvl 36. it's pretty much impossible to finish the game and not be at the recommended level due to the way XP works. main quests are your primiary source of XP and if you become over levelled from any of the quests then the amount of XP you get will decrease. everyone finishes well above 30.

Quotient

Cat potion in Witcher 1 would last a significant amount of time (excess of 20 minutes if i recall correctly), they have significantly shortened for Witcher 3 to what feels like only a couple of minutes. I was doing a treasure hunt quest which required navigating in what was a pitch black tunnel and cat potion was useless due to how quickly it wore off.

Top Bottom