• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

GavinUK86

Well the "It Takes Three To Tango" quest is a bit disappointing. I wish the game had told me I was heading towards that outcome.

Klocker

Where can I sell my loot? Nobody has any money to buy anything anymore and the loan shark isn't there anymore to buy coin from to let him buy either?

Alpende

Where can I sell my loot? Nobody has any money to buy anything anymore and the loan shark isn't there anymore to buy coin from to let him buy either?

Usually the higher end merchants have more coin than the cheaper vendors. The elven master blacksmith and the armorer in Novigrad are my go to guys to sell my shit. Plus the armorer in Skellige has like 1000+ gold iirc.

Klocker

Usually the higher end merchants have more coin than the cheaper vendors. The elven master blacksmith and the armorer in Novigrad are my go to guys to sell my shit. Plus the armorer in Skellige has like 1000+ gold iirc.

Thanks guess I'll just have to keep going to new suppliers. Does noone respawn gold? Does anyone else notice the loan shark is now a regular shopkeeper when you try to get fold?

Thanks guess I'll just have to keep going to new suppliers. Does noone respawn gold? Does anyone else notice the loan shark is now a regular shopkeeper when you try to get fold?

I've never used the loan shark. Merchants do get money back and there are many armorers and blacksmiths with cash. Oxenfurt and Novigrad are my go to.

Lexxism

After completing Bloody Baron's quest, he
appointed a new/temporary leader of his castle while he went to the Blue mountain. It seems they get aggressive whenever I use a skill in front of the Baron's guard and they even attack if you kept doing it. So, do this happen before I completed the quest? It seems like no but I can't seem to remember clearly.

After completing Bloody Baron's quest, he
appointed a new/temporary leader of his castle while he went to the Blue mountain. It seems they get aggressive whenever I use a skill in front of the Baron's guard and they even attack if you kept doing it. So, do this happen before I completed the quest? It seems like no but I can't seem to remember clearly.

Yes, all guards in the game behave that way.

Fbh

Man, I wish some of the unique weapons would scale to the level you are in when they are given to you.

I was just handed some legendary sword forged by dragon fire and bla bla. Open up the menu: damage -34

epmode

Is anyone able to disable Ciri's alternate costume after saving a game with it enabled? I'm getting an error when I try to reload my save.

I'm able to enable and disable the costume DLC for Triss and Yennifer. Why doesn't it work for Ciri as well?

edit: Oh, there's a newish option to disable costumes from within the game. I was able to just uninstall the DLC previously.

Bessy67

I'm so bummed right now because I think my Collect 'em All quest is bugged. After consulting a comparing my decks against a couple different online guides I already have all the cards but no quest complete and no achievement. I actually have 4 "Poor Fucking Infantry" cards when there are only supposed to be 3 according to the sites I visited, so I wonder if that's my problem. This sucks.

Shame they're not gonna do post-ending DLC at all.

Hope there's at least some added-on content for the romance stuff. Triss really got the short end of the stick.

On the other hand, if they add more content before the final mission, wouldn't that just make Geralt even more absurdly overpowered?

I feel like a rebalancing of the mission/exp structure would be needed at that point.

jediyoshi

Started up my second playthrough, was waiting for 1.07. Playing with the 60fps cutscene and no witcher sense blur tweaks for the first time. Between that and new movement, everything feels good. Thought I'd try the alt Yen look, but the crazy physics of her default dress look way better.

Funny how quick you jam through everything in the first area of the game when you know where things are and what to expect.

Shame they're not gonna do post-ending DLC at all.

Hope there's at least some added-on content for the romance stuff. Triss really got the short end of the stick.

On the other hand, if they add more content before the final mission, wouldn't that just make Geralt even more absurdly overpowered?

I feel like a rebalancing of the mission/exp structure would be needed at that point.

Can't find the link right now, but CPDR stated that they are working on adding a bit more dialogue for Triss and possibly a couple of more scenes for her. There's no ETA on it though.

GavinUK86

Is there a complete list of quests, signposts and notice boards anywhere? Trying to clean up what's left and want to make sure I'm not missing any.

Jonm1010

Banned
Alright coolest random thing I have found(Novigrad side quest spoiler)
Was doing the Zoltan "A Dangerous Game" side quest and go to the sewers. Decided to wander around and came across a guy trying to open the tomb. Found out it was the vampire from the trailer which was an impromptu quest in the quest.

So is the Alternative outfit for Ciri now definitely safe to use, or do we need to wait for it to be put up on the various stores again? I downloaded it off the PSN when it was originally available and haven't started my second playthrough since then (was waiting for the 1.07 patch, but might wait for 1.08 now given all of the problems with 1.07).

Tcab96

Can't find the link right now, but CPDR stated that they are working on adding a bit more dialogue for Triss and possibly a couple of more scenes for her. There's no ETA on it though.

Awesome. This is my first Witcher game, and I was really disappointed with the lack of Triss content considering I prefer her over Yen.

Majukun

don't know if it's the patch's fault..but the dlc quest "skellige's most wanted" is bugged and impossible to complete

Does the native Dual Shock 4 support only work when I connect it via cable? On wireless it doesn't seem to work, and when I use inputmapper is just sees it as an Xbox controller.

Does anybody have the problem during the quest;
Get Junior: Talk to Vernon Roche in the partisan camp, were they are unable to interact Vernon Roche? I have tried reloading my save with absolutely no luck at all. I have the game patched to 1.07, and am wondering if anybody has a fix for this?

I had completed a "Reason of State" but when I got to the final quest it said quest failed. Thankfully, the actual ending still reflected that I had
killed Radovid
. I was going to be so pissed if a bug screwed up my ending.

Ricker

Is this a common bug?...the Eye for an Eye quest where you have to meet Roche at his camp...I get there,I see him and the exclamation point over his head and all,his name in green but nothing happens...took me forever to get there also,there was no orange circle so I went by the footsteps distance to reach him lol...

EDIT: nm,just saw its a common bug,damn...I am way over the suggested level,wanted to clear a few of those out...(level 17)

Ramma2

Can I ask a couple of newbish questions here? I'm towards the end of the bloody baron storyline and a few things haven't clicked for me quite yet.

Do I only need to craft an alchemy recipe once, then I always have that potion available to me (and meditating + drinking always refills them?)?

What are the 3 black/red tick marks under the witcher logo in the upper left, they seem to fill up in combat then fade out?

I'm enjoying my time so far, I got to the end of the baron quest and was pretty out matched so I went back to the starting zone and did everything I could to get some more skill points and some better gear.

Sai

Do I only need to craft an alchemy recipe once, then I always have that potion available to me (and meditating + drinking always refills them?)?
Yep, so long as you have some strong alcohol on hand(Alcohest, Dwarven Spirit, Temerian Rye, Nilfgaardian Lemon, etc), your potions, detoctions, and bombs will be fully replenished upon meditating.

What are the 3 black/red tick marks under the witcher logo in the upper left, they seem to fill up in combat then fade out?
Adrenaline points. They have an effect on attack power, and Sign usage, depending on the abilities you invest in.

Fbh

Just finished the Battle of
Kaer Morhen

It had some awesome parts but it was kinda dissapointing:
As Geralt, I felt like they mostly had me running around closing portals. As far as I could tell it didn't even matter if I stayed and killed the enemies. It could have used some waves of enemies to resist and some boss type monster/warrior or something

Just finished the Battle of
Kaer Morhen

It had some awesome parts but it was kinda dissapointing:
As Geralt, I felt like they mostly had me running around closing portals. As far as I could tell it didn't even matter if I stayed and killed the enemies. It could have used some waves of enemies to resist and some boss type monster/warrior or something

That means your bros were doing their thing.

Top Bottom