• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT3| Metz Some Ploughing Good Ladies In the Forest

darknil

Reposting from the other thread:

welp, I'm on PS4. I left my save before updating on
Ciri's Story: Visiting Junior
and now the window to start the mission appears locked,

Am I fucked?

Edit: I had a previous save 2 minutes before, now it's working, wow, that was a scare.

Radec

Patch 1.07 changes Witcher gear level requirements. Several using the new patch have reported Witcher gear being raised a few levels higher than it was previously, eg: 20 -> 23, 22 -> 25, etc. This appears to be an unannounced change.

Added this relevant tidbit to the OP, seeing as it's causing annoyances for a number of players who are using the latest patch.

Emhamced Griffin is now lvl 18 . I'm wearing it though even im still 17. Not gonna unequip it until im 18.

darknil

Feline is now lvl 18 . I'm wearing it though even im still 17. Not gonna unequip it until im 18.

If the game reloads your equipment (i.e. barber, mission that you give up your weapons for a while) it unequips what violates the level requirement. Just happened to me.

Better to get a backup item just in case.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Skellige's Most Wanted bugged for me every time I try to finish it. The
Werewolf
just glitches out and won't die every time I kill it.

Sai

Was forced to unequip my Superior Feline Armor due to the Master Armorer quest. :( Just got to Kaer Morhen though; gonna get started on that Wolf set.

The patch really improved upon the menu performance 'n options. Noticed a bit less stuttering while transitioning through the various areas of Novigrad, and while sprinting through the countryside on horseback. Storage Chest gave a spot to place those DLC weapons 'n armor that I'll never use. :p

Skellige's Most Wanted bugged for me every time I try to finish it. The
Werewolf
just glitches out and won't die every time I kill it.

Have you
fed him his own flesh
that's what I wasn't doing you also have to
grab his fang from a guy in the nearby town
but I'm not 100% on what that actually does.

Radec

If the game reloads your equipment (i.e. barber, mission that you give up your weapons for a while) it unequips what violates the level requirement. Just happened to me.

Better to get a backup item just in case.

Yeah. Good thing im done with those quests. Brothels count too if you pay for sex.

It was enhanced griffin insread of feline.

Updated to 1.07 on PS4 and there is a weird black shade on each corner of the screen now to make the viewing area basically round, looks fucking horrid >_<

EDIT: All good, reloading seems to have removed the vignette effect thankfully!

11722462_919429998094981_1048220523415475526_o.jpg
Creepy chair in the sky

Just got the game.

Any tips or suggestions for a newbie to the Witcher series? I'm particularly struggling with countering.

Make good use of signs. I used Quen a lot early on until I realised how useful Yrden is (slows enemies in the circle, super effective against specters).

Make potions ASAP too, Swallow will be a life saver! You only have to make it once. When you use up all of it you just mediate and it will replenish it by using up an alcoholic spirit from you inventory.

TCRS

Banned
56h in, currently in Novigrad at following missions:
counts treasure and finding whoreson
. Haven't visited Skellige yet. How much do I have left?

So I downloaded the free DLC on the PS4 store (armour packs, beard styles, new crossbow etc). How do I enable them or use them?

On the title screen menu go to options -> Downloadable Content. Should have on/off switches for alt costumes for Ciri/Yen/Triss/cards.

New patch also lets you check on the DLC list in there too I think. All the other content is ingame stuff you will come across at merchants or notice boards, nothing major tbh.

Patch is downloading, can't wait to dive back in, even though I have my problems with the game.
Despite some flaws it still is quite addicting as it turns out and being at around level 20~25 now, there are some good and good looking equipment sets.

Something has happened that won't let me use my signs. It says "you cannot do that here" no matter where I am. I've loaded up older saves before it started happening and it's still there. I haven't downloaded the new patch yet so I can't blame that. Anyone come across this before?

Frostburn

Patch is attempting to download on PC now. I'm using GoG Galaxy but their servers must be slammed as it keeps knocking me "Offline" within the application.

damn. I need to hurry up but I always want to do every mission, explore everything and I never use fast travel lol. this game is too fucking good.

Well one thing i'm sure of , is that you'll probably change that aspect of your gaming session once you reach skellige :)

I'm in the mission where I'm following Morkvard/Craven. I have to walk around a locked door but I come to a dead end. I figure theres something obvious I'm missing.

11722462_919429998094981_1048220523415475526_o.jpg
Creepy chair in the sky

What armour set is that? It looks cool.

And, yeah... that chair. Makes me think of Elder Scrolls games, with their weird hover-physics (whereby picking up an item would 'reactivate' the physics for nearby items, causing them to fall to the ground). Wonder how weird stuff like that happens from patches...

I'm in the mission where I'm following Morkvard/Craven. I have to walk around a locked door but I come to a dead end. I figure theres something obvious I'm missing.

That mission was confusing as heck. Morkvard should get a medal for his performance though - so impressive.

To answer your question, I think the key to that door was
nearby, in the bottom of the well.
That whole place is a maze, though, and it took me forever an hour to figure out how to proceed.

OK, gog is acting up for me.
I've downloaded all the dlc but it wont let me activate some of it.
It's also still on 1.06.
Whenever I try to do something it says gog galaxy is disconnected.

Edit: had to download 1.07 manually even though automatic updates are enabled. Still can't get some of the dlc to work.

ebevan91

What armour set is that? It looks cool.

And, yeah... that chair. Makes me think of Elder Scrolls games, with their weird hover-physics (whereby picking up an item would 'reactivate' the physics for nearby items, causing them to fall to the ground). Wonder how weird stuff like that happens from patches...

That mission was confusing as heck. Morkvard should get a medal for his performance though - so impressive.

To answer your question, I think the key to that door was
nearby, in the bottom of the well.
That whole place is a maze, though, and it took me forever an hour to figure out how to proceed.

I enjoyed that quest but it was definitely confusing. Even more confusing for me because I went out of town for 5 days while in the middle of that quest so when I came back I was like "wtf was I doing again?"

Anyways, does anyone have a list of all of the new Witcher gear level requirements? I have the level 8 Griffin gear and I'm level 9 so I hope I can still wear the gear. If not, I am screwed because I'm broke and have no other armor at the moment.

Risev1

Hey is the Ciri DLC out on steam yet? I was checking the free DLC on steam and couldn't find any related to Ciri. Is it bundled with another DLC or something?

Klocker

Anybody else find the loan shark ay oxenfort gate not carrying gold? I need to unload a bunch of stuff and my merchants are all broke

Philtastic

I'm about 80 hours in and only just did the beginning of Skellige. Great change of scenery from war-torn Velen! I've had Witcher 3 on hold, however, for the past week due to the upcoming patch. Lately, I've taken to playing an old classic for the first time, Icewind Dale (the enhanced edition). Man, that game still holds up to today, especially with some of the quality of life changes that the enhanced edition made. Makes me want to revisit Baldur's Gate 1+2 to really see if Witcher 3 actually dethrones it in my opinion (I currently think it does mostly because I enjoy the gameplay more).

Repo Man

PC user here, patch seemed to improve hairworks performance so that I can actually have it on now but it seems like my Logitech G9 mouse is hyper-sensitive in the game, its tolerable if I'm gentle but as soon as I make a bigger movement my camera spins like hell. Almost like there's some sort of mental mouse acceleration enabled. It didn't use to be like that pre-patch.

Oynox

Do I deserve the medal for being the "slowest" The Witcher player?

I am playing since the 15th of May and put 294 hours into the game, before seeing the credits.

It was a nice ride, though I think the game is kind of overhyped. However, I am really looking forward to the addons and the "enhanced edition", meaning the "final" version of the game which will hopefully polish of all those little flaws.

Quick question. I am assuming I am approaching the end game, anyone mind telling how many hrs I have left?

Just did all three parts of the quest Battle Preparation and now need to to Avallach I am good to go.

ebevan91

Quick question. I am assuming I am approaching the end game, anyone mind telling how many hrs I have left?

Just did all three parts of the quest Battle Preparation and now need to to Avallach I am good to go.

You're very close to the end. Extremely close. Once you tell him you're ready to go, you're locked in (I think) until the end.

Sai

Regarding the three Trolls near the tail end of The Final Trial:

First time I went through this quest, I offered them our weapons and we parted peacefully. This time, though? One of 'em starts yelling "Cheaty Witcherses! Cheaty Witcherses!" and goes on the attack. I initially thought that whether or not you choose to attack Old Speartip would make the difference, but I just reloaded an older save, avoided him as I did the first time around, and the Trolls still attack me.

So, is this completely random like
Priscilla's choice of decor for Dandelion
? Or are there other variables at play? I've been reloading just prior to the talk with them and getting the same result multiple times.

[EDIT] - Missing slow walk. I can understand why it may have been removed with the alternative movement, but not the standard. Hope they fix that in the next patch.

When is the last opportunity to do Reason of State? The patch has bumped my mastercrafted cat swords well above my current level and the start of this quest unequips the swords :(

Is it still available just before On Thin Ice? Reading around the net that seems to be listed as the last time to do sidequests. By then I expect I'll be at level 35 for the gear.

KHlover

Banned
Wow feels like you shouldn't ever leave Roach's back during combat. Harder to hit, but it feels soo nice to one-hit bandits from there o_O

tauke

The new stash is really handy and so far I don't see any performance improvement compared to 1.0.6 with the same settings that I used.

Although I appreciate the newer UI for the inventory. Not great yet but better than the previous version at least for me as I use Mouse+Keyboard.

Sadly Roach is still random and the new alternate movement is quite snappy but I got so used to the "tank" movement so I'll be sticking to it until I finish my current playthrough.

Sai

Why wasn't the combat music for the Witcher Contracts in Velen included in the soundtrack? Can't even find a rip of it on YouTube. :(

For the new page:

Regarding the three Trolls near the tail end of The Final Trial:

First time I went through this quest, I offered them our weapons and we parted peacefully. This time, though? One of 'em starts yelling "Cheaty Witcherses! Cheaty Witcherses!" and goes on the attack. I initially thought that whether or not you choose to attack Old Speartip would make the difference, but I just reloaded an older save, avoided him as I did the first time around, and the Trolls still attack me.

So, is this completely random like
Priscilla's choice of decor for Dandelion
? Or are there other variables at play? I've been reloading just prior to the talk with them and getting the same result multiple times.

[EDIT] - Missing slow walk. I can understand why it may have been removed with the alternative movement, but not the standard. Hope they fix that in the next patch.

[EDIT] - 'kay, after watching a few YouTube videos of this quest, I'm starting to wonder if this may be a bug introduced by 1.07. Regardless, I'm moving on.

BFIB

So I feel like I'm nearing the end. At Kaer Morhen, but there's so many quests I've yet to touch in Skillege. Most are grey now. :(

Top Bottom