• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh man I spoke too soon earlier... This one has me COMPLETELY stumped:

21EMLyr.jpg

How in the world do you box off the center square or combine it with the other pieces?

Please just the smallest of hints.

you can connect Tetris shapes into one big shape as long as those icons are inside somewhere. So just think of it as a dot, two horizontal dots, and a vertical line, and figure out a combination that covers all those icons

I solved most of the tetris puzzles but I can not explain the solution of this one, any ideas?

its from the swamp area:

http://imgur.com/egRUXYF

Not 100% sure on this but...

The top right yellow shape plugs in completely near the end of the puzzle. Now all you need left is 4 squares to cover the bottom row. You use one of the 4 blue dots on the other yellow shape to the right (the top piece of the L) that gives you a horizontal 3 bar. The other 3 blue dots take away from the last yellow piece, leaving you with one yellow square to plug in.

Plus, Jon knows you're going back.

----------------
Boat Spoilers:
YOU CAN ACTIVATE THE BOAT WITHOUT BEING ON IT?
That was actually the solution to a certain problem I was having ;3

So, I realized I never checked something super obvious, and now I've got a bunch more puzzles to do~. At
446 +116 +1
right now, but I think
I'm down to single digits with the first + things left

Woodchipper

Ok, quick question:
Can the tilted Tetris blocks be rotated 360°? In other words does the same rules apply as in the game Twrris?

Thanks in advance!

That was actually the solution to a certain problem I was having ;3

So, I realized I never checked something super obvious, and now I've got a bunch more puzzles to do~. At
446 +116 +1
right now, but I think
I'm down to single digits with the first + things left

I bet it's not obvious at all, haha.

I bet it's not obvious at all, haha.
Believe me you'll kick yourself when you spot it. Something that I'm always enjoying in this game is the way everything just naturally lead your eyes around, usually to interesting new areas.

Although I'm completely buggered because everything just turned up to 11 here.

So this second
castle
puzzle where you
walk on them, where you have to separate the white and black tiles. What the hell? The broken piece seems to make it impossible.
Been stuck on this since the first day

Trickster

Could someone explain the door puzzle near the start of the game for me? The one with the black and white square and black dots.

I did complete it, but only after looking up a guide. Before looking at the guide I knew that I had to
go through all the black dots, through the black/white squares and the 4 circle areas.
but for a reason I can't understand, I had to do one more thing that I have no idea how I was supposed to figure out on my own.

Jinjo

So I'm on the fence of buying this, just have one question: is it all just panel puzzles?

It's literally the only thing I've seen on screens etc.

So this second
castle
puzzle where you
walk on them, where you have to separate the white and black tiles. What the hell? The broken piece seems to make it impossible.

A simpler version of this puzzle is on the entrance to the bunker. It taught me how to finish this one.

Or if you just want the rule:
You can have more than one all-white and more than one all-black area.

This game is so awesome I cannot describe it properly. Had two friends visiting on two different days. They both just dived into this game with me like nothing I've seen since we were teenagers.

We become detectives, morons, explorers, geniuses and philosophers.

Yogg

Could someone explain the door puzzle near the start of the game for me? The one with the black and white square and black dots.

I did complete it, but only after looking up a guide. Before looking at the guide I knew that I had to
go through all the black dots, through the black/white squares and the 4 circle areas.
but for a reason I can't understand, I had to do one more thing that I have no idea how I was supposed to figure out on my own.

In the very next area ahead you have tutorial puzzles that teach you how to solve this door.

Mik2121

So I'm on the fence of buying this, just have one question: is it all just panel puzzles?

It's literally the only thing I've seen on screens etc.
They're the only normal puzzles, yes, though it's not as simple as it looks. There are other... puzzles, though. The environment surrounding the puzzle panels isn't just decoration.

Robiin

Waking up and 5 minutes later finishing the puzzle that had me paralyzed for hours yesterday. The next one is crazy though. I am on the last tutorial panel for the broken and diagonal tetris pieces. With one at the top, one big L and two |- pieces. Impossible so far and now I have to go to work.

Waking up and 5 minutes later finishing the puzzle that had me paralyzed for hours yesterday. The next one is crazy though. I am on the last tutorial panel for the broken and diagonal tetris pieces. With one at the top, one big L and two |- pieces. Impossible so far and now I have to go to work.

Everyone gets screwed up by that one because
the I-pieces have two spaces between them, not one.

MBison

Oh man I spoke too soon earlier... This one has me COMPLETELY stumped:

21EMLyr.jpg

How in the world do you box off the center square or combine it with the other pieces?

Please just the smallest of hints.

I have a similar question here. I feel like I missing something with the rules to the Tetris pieces. Like how is the first one correct? I thought you had to create those shapes independent of each other. I don't get how that first one is the solution.

Trickster

In the very next area ahead you have tutorial puzzles that teach you how to solve this door.

If you are talking about the 2 different tutorial puzzles that teach you about the different mechanics visible on the door, then I did those, and tried applying the same principles on the door, but from what I can tell, what you learn from doing those don't teach you about some extra thing that I still can't see the logic behind, even after using a guide.

danthefan

I heard you're able to check how many puzzles you've done, how do you do this? I'm pretty sure I've tried every button on the controller at this point.

Anyway got started last night, did the first couple of rows after getting out of the tutorial area and then did a good bit around the
boat house type thing. I love the game so far but I'm a bit concerned that the payoff for doing a puzzle is just more immediate puzzles, I hope that doesn't get old.

I have a similar question here. I feel like I missing something with the rules to the Tetris pieces. Like how is the first one correct? I thought you had to create those shapes independent of each other. I don't get how that first one is the solution.

The shapes can be independent or conjoined.

Like, if you got here, you had to move the bridge from one side to the other, right?

MBison

The shapes can be independent or conjoined.

Like, if you got here, you had to move the bridge, right?

Yeah but I thought I created them independently

As for conjoined I feel like I'm doing that sometimes and it doesn't work.

So like a straight line of four can be vertical or horizontal?

I'm like at 133 panels solved and for some reason this stuff isn't clicking right in my noggin.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
There are conflicting reports afaik.

Jonathan says it's 1080.

Either way, looks great on PS4.

How can there be a confusion? What does it say on PSN? It doesn't change anything for me, it's just I feel I need clarification because a certain Youtuber is saying it's 900p and he tends to lie a hell of a lot.

Robiin

So this second
castle
puzzle where you
Hint 1:
Think about what possibilities open when you walk to draw a line.

Hint 2 (pretty much the solution):
It's broken on the panel, yes, but is it blocked physically?

Top Bottom