• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Daffy Duck

Don't! Solving the puzzles by yourself and figuring out how the different rules are, is the core of the games experience. And the games does an amazing job at teaching you just with the puzzle mechanics. You will not believe how variety and cleverness is to be had there. The game will make you feel genius at times and stupid at others.

But all this only works goof, if you are not spoiled too much.

I literally took about two minutes at lunch just to watch it to see how these puzzles work, I just saw the same screen and the guy having no clue what he was doing, I stopped there lol.

rbanke

What is everyone considering 'completed' when they talk about completing areas? Im guessing on PS4 a trophy pops at that point but what is it that triggers this? The PC doesnt have the same achievements. I think its
when you activate a laser for the area?

I am somehow stuck on the puzzle where you have to
look through the yellow window to alter the colours ti solve it. I understand the trick to the puzzle as I used the same trick to solve the previous one, but for whatever reason I cannot see the route for the line.

I have resorted ti scribbles

http://imgur.com/Y7giDNj.jpg

Arcipello

I am somehow stuck on the puzzle where you have to
look through the yellow window to alter the colours ti solve it. I understand the trick to the puzzle as I used the same trick to solve the previous one, but for whatever reason I cannot see the route for the line.

I have resorted ti scribbles

http://imgur.com/Y7giDNj.jpg

im pretty sure you are supposed to isolate each set of colours with the line

The line of 4 blocks doesnt have to be on the right, and the L shapes dont have to be on the left.

Bo2BG.gif

Can't wrap my head around the tetris puzzle with the 4 blue blocks arranged in one square.
You can match it up with a yellow shape, you might need to combine more than one blue block set, it will negate the rule to outline that shape.

Alright I've hit a puzzle in the tree paths that I'm really curious about.

It was taking me ages to solve the final purple panel, the one with the green, orange and purple stars. Then i noticed I could just walk over it to the other side. Was it an unsolvable puzzle, or did I just do something different?

kAmui-

Does anybody know where the tutorial panels for these things are?

This is starting to feel a bit overwhelming and frustrating. There's supposed to be over 600 puzzles, I've completed under 200 yet I'm having hard time finding new puzzles :|

N30RYU

Oh man I spoke too soon earlier... This one has me COMPLETELY stumped:

21EMLyr.jpg

How in the world do you box off the center square or combine it with the other pieces?

Please just the smallest of hints.

You have done it right in the previous one.
Here is it solved. Cause lot of ppl seems to miss the point with the tetris symbols.

http://i.imgur.com/DEbydmN.jpg

no matter where the symbols are if they are inside the "box"... even if the "box" is a combination of two or more shapes

Auctopus

My key/legend is starting to come together now. Pretty much stormed through the marsh. Although I agree with a few others that it felt like there were a few inconsistencies to the rule.

Oh man I spoke too soon earlier... This one has me COMPLETELY stumped:
How in the world do you box off the center square or combine it with the other pieces?

Please just the smallest of hints.

You should block out solved puzzles when asking for hints. Also, spoiler tags don't work on inlined images on mobile, so you should only link them.

I have a game-breaking bug.

In the sawmill if you miss the moving ramp you get stuck on a platform you cant get down from.

Well fuck that.

edit: Fixed it. You need to do an alternate solution
to make the ramp move back

nobode

Neo Member
I have a game-breaking bug.

In the sawmill if you miss the moving ramp you get stuck on a platform you cant get down from.

Well fuck that.

If you mean the mill by the sea, it's not a moving ramp, it's a movable ramp. If the ramp moved, it means you ordered it to move.

warthog

I absolutely love this game. The puzzles are the right difficulty, although I'm building a little stack of puzzles I haven't got an answer for yet. I hope I can get through the game without a guide.

Bowlie

Banned
Puzzle type help:

what triggers the
three-pointed star/caltrop looking thing
in a panel? I know what it does, not what triggers it.
I'm at the tutorial area so the game assumes I know it already.

Haemi

All lasers activated, 408 Puzzles done and Steam is showing 16h played. This game is not very hard. Only the bamboo/jungle area is stupid, imo.

Top Bottom