• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Tree house area

Omg I'm frustrated by
the timer to get in the door. I've solved what seems to be most of the puzzles (I can reach the door), but no matter how fast I go I'm not reaching it in time to enter it after starting the puzzle. Am I correct in saying I'm missing something, or am I just not fast enough?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
heh exactly the spot i stopped at last night i didnt even attempt it cause these are more annoying than legitimately something cleaver.

Some of the worst puzzles in the game.

Ironically, some of the best puzzles are right around there, too.

Question for the swamp:
I'm at the final puzzle on the row of four. It's the puzzle with the block that's like 2 vertical squares on top of each other, with a gap in between. I'm assuming that means there has to be two vertical squares on each side of the screen? It's this puzzle: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZ0kuifWAAA4fun.jpg:large

This is one of those moments where it just feels poorly explained.

Its not poorly explained, it didnt explain anything at all. Work it out, look at what you did previously!

Has anyone been playing this with their own custom soundtrack? I tried but I hate how the lowest volume that the media player goes to still overshadows all of the sound effects in the game.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Quick control tip for anyone who might not have noticed: You can quickly hop between panels in the same series with the right analog. Much faster than backing out, manually moving over to the next one, and pressing X again.

Quick control tip for anyone who might not have noticed: You can quickly hop between panels in the same series with the right analog. Much faster than manually moving over to the next one and pressing X again.

With keyboard and mouse, you can use WASD or arrow keys to cycle through the panels in a sequence too.

Haemi

Tree house area

Omg I'm frustrated by
the timer to get in the door. I've solved what seems to be most of the puzzles (I can reach the door), but no matter how fast I go I'm not reaching it in time to enter it after starting the puzzle. Am I correct in saying I'm missing something, or am I just not fast enough?

Rebuild the bridges.

HoodWinked

Quick control tip for anyone who might not have noticed: You can quickly hop between panels in the same series with the right analog. Much faster than backing out, manually moving over to the next one, and pressing X again.

im playing on pc with controller LB/RB also lets you swap left or right on puzzles as well.

I must be completely fucking brain dead. Second last bird song panel. The panel doesn't match!
I can't do it either. I've been and given up like three times now. When the camera centers I think there is geometry in the way of the exit which stops you solving it. Seems like more of a bug than a puzzle to me. You get a chime when you enter an answer from a different angle. Worst part of the game by far.

flash backs to smashing my keyboard at the rocket ship puzzle
in Myst

Despera

Banned
R1, L1 does that as well.

Also, you can increase the speed of line drawing when solving puzzles with R2.

Haemi

I solved the panel of the bunkerdoor that leads to one of the hexagonshapes in the mountain, but i don't understand the logic behind it. Can someone explain.

I solved the panel of the bunkerdoor that leads to one of the hexagonshapes in the mountain, but i don't understand the logic behind it. Can someone explain.
The logic of
the hexagon glyph on piece of paper?
if so
you just have to find where to input it, jot it down for later

Sai-kun

Banned
omg...i somehow bullshitted my way all the way to endgame
KuGsj.gif

Spoilers
These puzzles inside the mountain are tough as fuck...also creepy too. The offcenter yellow panels are tough as shit.

I found a
piece of paper with a hexagon puzzle solution on it but it wasnt for that hexagon. I am guessing we have to find other solutions elsewhere, write them down and bring it back

I've solved a few of the
white symbol puzzles in the the quarry area and I honestly have no idea what the "rule" is with those yet. Can someone give me a hint?

cyba89

MASSIVE POST-ENDGAME SPOILER
Went back to the mountaintop to search for some +1s. Went into the mountain again, then got back up the stairs and... Oh my god, Blow you sneaky bastard!

Cth

I've solved a few of the
white symbol puzzles in the the quarry area and I honestly have no idea what the "rule" is with those yet. Can someone give me a hint?

White symbol (upside down Y)?
The rule is that it is has to 'correct' on mistake in the same area. So if can't reach one or something doesn't fit you can put it in the same area as the white symbol and it will eliminate it.

White symbol (upside down Y)?
The rule is that it is has to 'correct' on mistake in the same area. So if can't reach one or something doesn't fit you can put it in the same area as the white symbol and it will eliminate it.
Hmm. Gonna try it again once I get home. Thanks.

HoodWinked

lol how did you accidentally solve it. when you played it didnt you notice
that there was an invisible force that kept you from moving basically its a mirror puzzle there is an invisible yellow line.

*Splinter

I can't do it either. I've been and given up like three times now. When the camera centers I think there is geometry in the way of the exit which stops you solving it. Seems like more of a bug than a puzzle to me. You get a chime when you enter an answer from a different angle. Worst part of the game by far.

flash backs to smashing my keyboard at the rocket ship puzzle
in Myst
I thought that at first, but when you have the right answer it will accept it.

just had to cheat through the entire (endgame)
flashing color section in the mountain

thanks for looking out for us colorblinds Joe :/

I'm up to 158 puzzles solved and +8. I'm aware of at least 2 more + puzzles but for some reason I'm not able to solve them yet.

One of them was really wild, I will be surprised if many people figure it out.

sunlapse

Neo Member
Looking for a hint on the Monastery.

I solved the first set of three puzzles to the right on the outside, which seemed to activate the first of four 3x6 panels. So I reversed the bonsai puzzle to get other set of windows to open and it seems like I have to get the yellow leaves/fruits to align with the broken wood, but I'm not sure how to get those puzzles to 'activate.'

Majmun

Solved 87 panels so far. Some looke like alien language for now. Can't wait to crack those.

Amazing game. Feels very special.

MASSIVE POST-ENDGAME SPOILER
Went back to the mountaintop to search for some +1s. Went into the mountain again, then got back up the stairs and... Oh my god, Blow you sneaky bastard!

Yuuuup. It's a
whole new world down there. The challenge is balls to the walls hard.

Sai-kun

Banned
Looking for a hint on the Monastery.

I solved the first set of three puzzles to the right on the outside, which seemed to activate the first of four 3x6 panels. So I reversed the bonsai puzzle to get other set of windows to open and it seems like I have to get the yellow leaves/fruits to align with the broken wood, but I'm not sure how to get those puzzles to 'activate.'

You should just go ahead and start solving the puzzle that's activated :)

G-Bus

Banned
Swamp was going smoothly until I came across I piece I don't understand.

Two, two block high verticle pieces that are pushed apart to the outside of the square they are in. Hopefully that makes sense.

Top Bottom