• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oh wow (greenhouse puzzle spoilers),
the way they play with colors and color filtering through glass and crap
, pretty brilliant!

R1/L1 also do this

With keyboard and mouse, you can use WASD or arrow keys to cycle through the panels in a sequence too.

im playing on pc with controller LB/RB also lets you swap left or right on puzzles as well.

R1, L1 does that as well.

Also, you can increase the speed of line drawing when solving puzzles with R2.

Thanks, didn't know that the shoulder buttons do the same. And yes, R2 is also very convenient, especially when redoing a puzzle due to failing a series.

Swamp was going smoothly until I came across I piece I don't understand.

Two, two block high verticle pieces that are pushed apart to the outside of the square they are in. Hopefully that makes sense.

A lot of people, myself included, getting stuck on that one.

Pay attention to the amount of space between the two blocks.

MASSIVE POST-ENDGAME SPOILER
Went back to the mountaintop to search for some +1s. Went into the mountain again, then got back up the stairs and... Oh my god, Blow you sneaky bastard!

Is this the secret area?
Gahh i need to take a break to play tomb raider, but i wanna dig back in if so.

BraXzy

I'm stuck in the castle near the orange forest with the
mazes

Third maze. I wanna say the shadows have some part in this but there's nothing standing out at all.

Going to take a break. This challenge is kicking my ass,
don't know what to do after the triangle puzzle in the maze.
At 511 panels now.

Guess I'm stopping for a bit at
+127+2. I got all of them at the desert/symmetry obelisk, and the one by the orange forest, but I'm missing two at each of the ones by the redtreetemple, mountain, castle, and central 'city' area. I can sort of tell where most of them are based on where they're listed compared to the already completed stuff, but I've looked at this whole island soooo many times already :(. I don't think there are anymore regular puzzles around, unless a bunch show up out of nowhere somehow, since I've already finished the supermountain stuff. Unless completing all of the obelisks does something.

I'm stuck on the second "tree" puzzle of the Monastery. I solved the first one easy enough, but the second one has stumped me. No idea what I'm looking for.

Guess I'm stopping for a bit at
+127+2. I got all of them at the desert/symmetry obelisk, and the one by the orange forest, but I'm missing two at each of the ones by the redtreetemple, mountain, castle, and central 'city' area. I can sort of tell where most of them are based on where they're listed compared to the already completed stuff, but I've looked at this whole island soooo many times already :(. I don't think there are anymore regular puzzles around, unless a bunch show up out of nowhere somehow, since I've already finished the supermountain stuff. Unless completing all of the obelisks does something.

Did you
get the 6th hexagon? The box on the tunnel for me just tells me how to reactivate the gate.
Also, regarding the
timed puzzle on the underground, I can't see where to go after the triangle puzzle in the maze, haha. Is there more than one?

shiba5

Help inside the mountain, please.

There's a bank of orange panels on the left wall (the pit with the purple walkway) and I can only interact with the first panel. The second panel bings at me, but the cursor does nothing. I've looked everywhere but can't figure out why I can't do anything. I've solved all the green panels.

There's a bank of orange panels on the left wall (the pit with the purple walkway) and I can only interact with the first panel. The second panel bings at me, but the cursor does nothing. I've looked everywhere but can't figure out why I can't do anything. I've solved all the green panels.

Only the display is offset, the maze still starts on the same spot.

I'm on my way to the ending, question about that.

I just solved my first set of puzzles where you only know the colors for the pieces on one half of the panel and have to infer the rest. How much more to go before the actual end? Just wondering if I should go for it tonight or leave it for tomorrow.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
OK, could someone explain the last part of the elevator puzzle to me (with the
broken cable
). I accidentally solved it, but I'm not sure what the logic was.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Fuck you
Jungle sound puzzles!
You been beat!

Though I have to admit, there was some brute forcing some of them.

Did you
get the 6th hexagon? The box on the tunnel for me just tells me how to reactivate the gate.
Also, regarding the
timed puzzle on the underground, I can't see where to go after the triangle puzzle in the maze, haha. Is there more than one?
Yeah, got that and its crazy 'reward'. Good luck finding it though(if you have to ask, you probably aren't looking hard enough...or softly enough. whichever makes things more visible).

Sai-kun

Banned

Let me know when you get to the fourth panel of this part >_> It's stumped me, somehow.

I just totally did it.

I got fixated on the shapes not being movable, but that isn't the case.

The funny thing is, I ran off from where I was last at to punch in my paper solution. Which opened the door. Which led me to...

...Exactly where I was before I ran off to enter my solution.

skynidas

Banned
I'm on my way to the ending, question about that.

I just solved my first set of puzzles where you only know the colors for the pieces on one half of the panel and have to infer the rest. How much more to go before the actual end? Just wondering if I should go for it tonight or leave it for tomorrow.

You still have three sections that are not easy, especially the last one.

HoodWinked

I'm stuck on the second "tree" puzzle of the Monastery. I solved the first one easy enough, but the second one has stumped me. No idea what I'm looking for.

like inside the enclosed space? there were some outside as well. if its inside
i'm not sure if this is the 2nd or 3rd puzzle but the round bulge on the branches has a significance

Aces&Eights

Help GAF.
in the part where you drain water. Got the first 3 done now I'm on the one to the right. The only time I see a vague outline is two diamond shapes but it's impossible to draw that. Anyone that can just give me some advice?

Yea, that's the one.

Sorry, you linked to this page.

Really see why some people are drawing this stuff out. I'm certain I get how that piece is but still.. no dice.

Hint:
Look closely at the spacing between the two sets of 1x2 squares.
More specific hint:
There are 2 spaces between them.

Im in the boathouse and Im solving some of the puzzles.. then I get the ramp up to move towards the other end.. but Im stuck on top of the platform. I can't move anywhere or do anything, or maybe Im just tired.

Has someone been in the same situation?

Help GAF.
in the part where you drain water. Got the first 3 done now I'm on the one to the right. The only time I see a vague outline is two diamond shapes but it's impossible to draw that. Anyone that can just give me some advice?

I'm stuck on a few puzzles after that one in the same area.

Try looking at it from a different angle.

So I want to read some of the spoilers here but its really hard without knowing what area you guys are talking about.

Is there a consensus on the names for the areas? I wouldnt mind reading spoilers if they are for areas that I have already completed.

HoodWinked

Yea, that's the one.

Sorry, you linked to this page.

Really see why some people are drawing this stuff out. I'm certain I get how that piece is but still.. no dice.

the link is to another person's (Hot Coldman) post at the same puzzle so you could look at people replying to get soft hints.

basically that weird piece its impossible to trace by itself since those two 1x2 pieces would be separate you need to combine other pieces with it for you to trace the grouping of shapes.

G-Bus

Banned
Hint:
Look closely at the spacing between the two sets of 1x2 squares.
More specific hint:
There are 2 spaces between them.
I knew they were two blocks apart just didn't realize they had to be on the same plane.
Oh boy hahaha. This game. It's super obvious looking back at it to. Not sure why I was going about it the way I was.

Brashnir

Im in the boathouse and Im solving some of the puzzles.. then I get the ramp up to move towards the other end.. but Im stuck on top of the platform. I can't move anywhere or do anything, or maybe Im just tired.

Has someone been in the same situation?

Is there a control panel for a platform you can move?

Atrophis

300+10. Smashed the sun temple and the swamp today. Swamp was a quite straightforward once I grasped all the rules for Tetris pieces. I feel a lot of people are struggling because they are missing a fundamental lesson from the tutorial panels. Go back and do the tutorials again if you're struggling. The biggest help for the swamp was print screen, paste into mspaint, go to town with different coloured brushes to solve them. Let me get most of the panels solved within a minute or two.

Dominator

I have 7 lasers going at the moment,
I'm wondering if I should end it and then go for the rest later...

For anyone who's beat it, what do you think?

Z3M0G

So far (5
lasers
done) this game is MUCH easier than Broken Age... I wasn't expecting that. My GF and I are plowing through this, while we got badly stuck in Broken Age a couple of times.

Top Bottom