• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Qblivion

lmao. I love how JB, who only comes off as slightly odd and "arty" gets way more shit than legit wacky people in this industry.

Been saying since I saw the price that I can't justify getting it because of the other huge PS4 games that I have. But the reviews have been really, really positive, plus I finished The Talos Principle earlier this month...

Right, screw it, I'll buy it the moment it comes out.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Super duper utterly overwhelmingly buying this when I get home from work today. Which is in about 10 hours...

I loved Braid, it was so damn clever and surprising. Judging by the review snippets I've read I'm sure this will be right up my alley too. Been eagerly anticipating it since it was revealed as a PS4 title (might have heard about it before that too), finally it's here. Have managed to stay almost completely spoiler-free, not having watched anything beyond the trailers and the PSX gameplay of the tutorial area. Gonna be awesome to explore this island blind, not knowing anything about what I'll find. Except for line puzzles and pretty views.

I'm not the hugest puzzle game fan, but I can't pass this up. I'm really excited for it and little else in gaming gives you that satisfaction when you solve a puzzle yourself.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
No. There's no functionality for it to. Jon can't even push it live until 9 PST, and then it will take a few minutes to propagate.

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Blow/status/691725473533956096

This is weird. I'm sure I've had steam games release at midnight Pst before? Or is 9am the usual time and I'm just crazy?

Also curious about his comments that he was still working on it last night, and it wasn't ready anyway - presumably the PS4 version was frozen weeks ago for submission, so I hope that isn't going to need an immediate patch,

Still can't decide on PC vs. PS4 ughhh

If your PC monitor is 1080p60, they'll be basically the same experience. If you're impatient, it's the difference of in half an hour versus in about ten hours.

This is weird. I'm sure I've had steam games release at midnight Pst before? Or is 9am the usual tim and I'm just crazy?

Also curious about his comments that he was still working on it last night,mask it wasn't ready anyway - presumably the PS4 version was frozen weeks ago for submission, so I hope that isn't going to need an immediate patch,

I've never seen any, but maybe? It could be a policy change at Valve, or maybe games that have launched at midnight previously (if they exist) subsidized the day-1 support crew at HQ. Who knows?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you have a capable PC ... why not PC?

Comfy sofa (still not sorted out steam streaming), and I can play this while my wife is doing something else in the living room. Plus it is child friendly in case I want to play when the kids are around.

And it might be up this morning UK time, rather than this evening. That's probably the main reason :)

I'll probably also get the PC version if/when it gets VR support.

Ionic

If you have a PC that is capable of playing it identically to a PS4, then remember that if you want to replay the game in 4K or in VR in a few years you'll already have a version capable of that if you take that version. That would be the main impetus I would see towards swaying me either way.

If you have a PC that is capable of playing it identically to a PS4, then remember that if you want to replay the game in 4K or in VR in a few years you'll already have a version capable of that if you take that version. That would be the main impetus I would see towards swaying me either way.

It'll be marked down to $10–15 in a few years, which will be a drop in the bucket next to whatever gross amount of money you splurge on the 4K/VR setup! :p

I have the game on Steam because my house mates use the PS4 as a Netflix machine and I can't peaceably deprive them of that for 40 hrs this week.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

9 hours is the main impetus swaying me either way

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I actually tweeted Blow a question about wether this made use of the touchpad on the dualshock, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere yet so I guess not. I'd go with PS4 over PC if there was exclusive anything like that but I guess there wouldn't be.

BashNasty

If you have a capable PC ... why not PC?

I'd actually sort of prefer to get this on PC, as I have a really nice one, but I'm probably gonna pick it up on PS4 just because it's (probably) coming out sooner.

I'm a very, very impatient person and I really want to play The Witness right now. I have to work in the morning, so if picking it up on PS4 will let me get in a couple hours of playtime tonight, that's what I'm going to do.

I've got this... sickening feeling that it's not actually gonna release on PS4 in 20 minutes though...

I will say I admire how creative Blow is right now coming up with new words to describe the midnight unlock on PSN

A lot of "hopefully" and "in theory"

Edit: sorry for the double post

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
SOMA didn't have a pre-release page either IIRC.

MBison

I'm gonna get this for sure, I love puzzles but I also love story. Is there legit like no story to this? Kinda scared I'm gonna give up on it.

JonnyKong

I'm hoping this appears on EU PSN within the next half an hour. I want to download it whilst I'm at work so I can crack on with it as soon as I get home.

Top Bottom