• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Moozo

I'm using a free app called You Doodle that lets you draw on top of a photo.

you can make the paint transparent so you can see in the cells behind it. and there's an undo button for quick erase.

Press the icon on the top right, then tap draw on picture, then tap camera.

Thanks!

Question about the Monastery area, I think I may have just solved a puzzle accidentally but I'm not sure.

It was the 4th puzzle inside the temple that involves lining up the branches of the trees. I figured out the first bit of the 4th of these puzzles, where it shows the top and bottom of the solution. Then just to guess, I tried stair casing from the end of the top portion to the beginning of the bottom portion, because that's how some of the solution looked already. It happened to be right. Was this the intended way of solving, or did I miss another branch I was supposed to look at from a certain angle. Thanks!

Theodoricos

Endgame Spoilers

I swear this puzzle is freaking impossible:
http://i.imgur.com/brCjwsn.jpg

By using the green square and its flashing red light, I've discovered that the only other purple square is the one on the bottom row, everything else is green. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

But try as I might, this puzzle is just proving to be unsolvable to me.

Can anybody give me any hints please?

Question about the Temple area, I think I may have just solved a puzzle accidentally but I'm not sure.

It was the 4th puzzle inside the temple that involves lining up the branches of the trees. I figured out the first bit of the 4th of these puzzles, where it shows the top and bottom of the solution. Then just to guess, I tried stair casing from the end of the top portion to the beginning of the bottom portion, because that's how some of the solution looked already. It happened to be right. Was this the intended way of solving, or did I miss another branch I was supposed to look at from a certain angle. Thanks!
If you would take a look at the ground under the branch a broken part is laying on the floor.

If that's the case, why is the last puzzle in this picture so weirdly shaped? Shouldn't I only be subtracting one block?

It is only subtracting one block. The third space to the left of the exit. That puzzle would be impossible otherwise, due the big hole in the middle of the icon you'd be attempting to make

Drac

Just finished it, only missing the last trophy, great great game, 2/2 for Blow can't wait to see what he comes up next with his team! (in 7 years ;)).

Can't see what I can do more except 2 puzzles (one in the boat wreak and one on the way to the top of the mountain) but I can't make out what's the rule
with those colored dots
! Did I miss an entire zone with this theme or am I supposed to get it alone? Anyway hunting down the + puzzles now :) There's some closed doors I've seen too so I've probably missed some stuff!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OrbitalBeard - mind hitting me up with the solution to that shadow puzzle we've been talking about?

thanks b

Drac

So how does the end of the game work? Does the game save right before that so I can load right back in or what?

Game saves just as you get to the end sequence, no fear. I was a little scared as I was greeted by a "Start new game" at the end but the save was there in the load screen.

So for the last long rectangular one in the monastery
I see the branch on the floor. But I can't tell where the hell it fell off from. Am I supposed to guess? And I can't really tell if it's going to be used as a path, or as a hinderance.
Am I thinking about this too hard?

So for the last long rectangular one in the monastery
I see the branch on the floor. But I can't tell where the hell it fell off from. Am I supposed to guess? And I can't really tell if it's going to be used as a path, or as a hinderance.
Am I thinking about this too hard?

Yeah, you're thinking too hard. You've already got the trickiest part figured out.
If you've lined up the path properly, that piece should fit right in. Might take a bit to get it lined up correctly though.

you follow the "monkey" as you call it. I thought it was not a monkey but still)
After that you follow the flute.

Problem is, the flute to me sounds just like gibberish. I don't even remotely hear what this is supposed to mean. Can you give me the solution to this one, please?

I was chukling at the poor souls who were getting motion sick from this game because I had no issue.

But then I got to I think the final section of the game where there is a puzzle that
spins
. Holy shit solving that made me quezy! And then the
stobe flashing
in the next section than made me feel uncomfortable enough that I had to turn off the game for now. Damn it Blow!!

The Judge

I glitched out of the boat and not I cant get back to land. Rebooting the game didnt work. Am I stuck on restarting? I hope not.

Protip: dont play around when inside the boat guys, just wait for the ride to end.

Gattsu25

Banned
Without spoilers can someone give me a gentle nudge about what I should be looking for with this series of puzzles?

They're the
camouflaged puzzles near the bamboo section.

Here's the first which is pretty easy to brute force but I don't know why that particular solution for this one is correct (no solution in the image)

http://i.imgur.com/buRNwrY.jpg

I glitched out of the boat and not I cant get back to land. Rebooting the game didnt work. Am I stuck on restarting? I hope not.

Protip: dont play around when inside the boat guys, just wait for the ride to end.

If you go to the pause menu and click on load game you might be able to load a previous save, but I think that only shows up if your clicked on load game before.

If I get there.

These type of puzzles are not fun at all

If you dont like those simple early tetris puzzles you are going to hate ths game.

So better get to loving them!

You need to fully embrace them and not think of them as some thing you can get buy without fully understanding the exact mechanics. There is a LOT of them and they only get harder.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Without spoilers can someone give me a gentle nudge about what I should be looking for with this series of puzzles?

They're the

Here's the first which is pretty easy to brute force but I don't know why that particular solution for this one is correct (no solution in the image)

You shouldn't
be looking for anything

They're the

nudge
I can't solve that puzzle looking at that picture

Nzyme32

They're the

too much of a spoiler imo

Without spoilers he said

I would simply say, look near by.

What have you not seen before?
What do you think it is?
Could it be relevant to the puzzle?

Top Bottom