• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

kadotsu

Banned
I don't get it. (Tetraminos spoiler?)

Why is this wrong :

cTtIbGE.jpg

Learn to count.

NeoZylom,

Pieces can't overlap. You don't have enough spaces in your solution.

Also, don't embed posts. People on mobile can see them. Create a link.

Why is this wrong :

cTtIbGE.jpg
Things cant overlap in Tetris

I have 4 lasers up. Running out of places. I'd love to work on the temple/bamboo but I literally have no idea what those puzzles want from me.

I wouldn't mind some really vague hints.
I hear a bird but it doesn't seem to chirp at any specific thing I'm doing.
Quoted for a new page. Gimme that juicy hint!

Fat4all

Banned
The puzzles are randomly/procedurally generated each time. It wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have a time limit. They don't alternate. They allegedly can always be solved, but sometimes I swear it seems like you can't, and since it's RNG, you really can't be 100% sure. :p

Aww shit, son.

I really think you should read my first tagged response. You can hate me all you want if you feel I spoiled something but I think it's a pretty good nudge and I'd hardly even classify it as a hint. Hopefully some people can back me up. I don't give you the solution in any way.

The second response I give is a hint though.

If you don't want to check anything out in my previous post though, I hear you.

I did read the first one. And you're right it doesn't seem spoilery. :) The only answers I can think of for the question are
taking notes, eating, or listening to music
. I'll try to think of some other ones

hollomat

Banned

Why is this wrong :

http://i.imgur.com/cTtIbGE.jpg

I was stuck on that for an hour and had the same exact issue. Came back to it the next day and immediately realized why it wasn't working.

Absolutely loving this game. The way all of the puzzles build on each other is brilliant. There hasn't been a single puzzle so far that I feel is cheap or that I wasn't given all the information I need to solve it.

Blow has done such a great job in designing the puzzles.

Hopefully the sales pick up, but I'm happy I bought it day one for full price. Easily worth $40 and had it been priced at $60 would've been worth that too.

I did it!

I got the
other ending
. It was just a matter of taking a few more steps.

Thank you, Mr. Blow and everyone at Thekla for making this true labor of love. I don't think I will ever play another puzzle game like this so thoroughly without needing a single hint.

I'm off to the spoiler thread.

Fat4all

Banned
Spoilers

High, medium, and low sound pitches

I was stuck on the last panel in there for so long,
the one right before you enter the bamboo maze

My eyes were closed for so long they stung when I opened them again.

Fuck, I accidentally solved a puzzle.

Unsolve it, and make mistakes on it on purpose. That'll help you understand why it worked one way and not other ways.

Or it might have multiple ways to solve it.

I still haven't used a guide, but this game is starting to make me feel like an idiot. I just started laughing when I finally realized the solution to the
stained glass in the bunker
puzzle, and I just had to
take a picture of some of the swamp Tetris puzzles on my iPad and draw out the solution

😔

Time for a break! SFV awaits.

Qblivion

I love getting stuck on tutorials...
Treehouse area:

So far I (think) I've learned that
they have to be grouped into pairs
Is that right so far? Is that still the rule with this one or is it trying to teach me something new? What am I doing wrong?

Fat4all

Banned
I love getting stuck on tutorials...
Treehouse area:

So far I (think) I've learned that
they have to be grouped into pairs
Is that right so far? Is that still the rule with this one or is it trying to teach me something new? What am I doing wrong?

All the other puzzles before it had them grouped in a particular way.

What's changed from then to this puzzle?

border

I am still early game (Treehouse), but I am completely stumped by these two:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll100/renton199x/05A84632-EEB4-4B1C-B088-B53C33FCD722_zpsolm2c2cm.jpg

My understanding is that two starbursts have to be grouped together, and that the remaining two need to be grouped with 1 black square each in separate areas. I just see absolutely no way to do it.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll100/renton199x/BC57A464-1D8D-4CA1-A79C-9F0C0C131068_zpszprqj4fc.jpg

My first Tetris puzzle, so I really don't know the rules. I don't see any way to make this work without screwing up the grouping of the starbursts. I have tried orienting the 3 block bar vertically, but that doesn't seem to be an acceptable solution.

Qblivion

All the other puzzles before it had them grouped in a particular way.

What's changed from then to this puzzle?

The only thing I can see is all but one have been symmetrical, and the door after this one was not symmetrical and I was able to solve it using the group by pairs logic

jett

D-Member

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll100/renton199x/05A84632-EEB4-4B1C-B088-B53C33FCD722_zpsolm2c2cm.jpg

My understanding is that two starbursts have to be grouped together, and that the remaining two need to be grouped with 1 black square each in separate areas. I just see absolutely no way to do it.

You're overthinking it.
The stars don't care what they're grouped with as long they're grouped with one more star.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll100/renton199x/BC57A464-1D8D-4CA1-A79C-9F0C0C131068_zpszprqj4fc.jpg

My first Tetris puzzle, so I really don't know the rules. I don't see any way to make this work without screwing up the grouping of the starbursts. I have tried orienting the 3 block bar vertically, but that doesn't seem to be an acceptable solution.

Leave it. You'll eventually reach an area that will teach you about them.

Nimajneb

About the puzzles in the room with the colored light in the town.
I just screen capped each of the three colors and layered them together.
This worked for the left puzzle, but not the right. In the end, I gave up and looked up the solution(the only time I've had to do so so far).

This was my solution that did not work:

http://i.imgur.com/7PyWS32.png

This is the working solution i found online:

http://i.imgur.com/qDIrrwZ.png

I don't understand why one worked, but not the other. Is there something I'm completely missing with this room?

I'm at the town/village and for the life of me I cant figure out how to solve the solar panel lookin puzzle on top of the house with the grey mostly destroyed house.

I solved the puzzle on the inside to power the one up top, but I don't know how to get the solution for it.
I know that it's a
reflection/shadow puzzle like from the desert area, but the tree branches are missing to get the full solution.

I've even looked up the actual solution, but I'm not going to solve it unless I know WHY it's the solution.
The shadows on the ground next to the puzzle don't seem to match up like how the solution looks online, and looking at the tree branches directly don't seem to match up either.

Drac

You are missing one rule about the star, or you are kinda adding one that doesn't exist actually. You can group pair of star with anything of different color. In this case, no star need to be paired with a black square to make it works ;)

You are missing the tetris "tutorial" for this one I guess. You might want to check an other place. If you're ok to spoil yourself though...
tetris blocks don't have to be on their own square. In this case, inverse the 2 and 3 parts.

Fat4all

Banned
The only thing I can see is all but one have been symmetrical, and the door after this one was not symmetrical and I was able to solve it using the group by pairs logic

I was going for a more subtle approach, but this is a more direct hint here.

You're overthinking it.
The stars don't care what they're grouped with as long they're grouped with one more star.

Think on that, and your previous puzzles with the stars, and then think about why
just grouping them doesn't solve the puzzle

I solved the puzzle on the inside to power the one up top, but I don't know how to get the solution for it.
I know that it's a
reflection/shadow puzzle like from the desert area, but the tree branches are missing to get the full solution.

I've even looked up the actual solution, but I'm not going to solve it unless I know WHY it's the solution.

You need to look at it from the roof of another building.

KraytarJ

I'm really not understanding the monestary
the solutions must be related to the leaves on the ground in front of the puzzles right? Anyone mind giving a hint to get me started.

marjo

I really think you should read my first tagged response. You can hate me all you want if you feel I spoiled something but I think it's a pretty good nudge and I'd hardly even classify it as a hint. Hopefully some people can back me up. I don't give you the solution in any way.

The second response I give is a hint though.

If you don't want to check anything out in my previous post though, I hear you.

Bravo! Listening to that made me smile.

Top Bottom