• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

I don't understand why one worked, but not the other. Is there something I'm completely missing with this room?

You must figure out the rules from the
elevator in the bunker
. Here is the simplest way to think about it:

Under a red light, icons with a cyan component appear black, and all other icons white.
Under a green light, icons with a magenta component appear black, and all other icons white.
Under a blue light, icons with a yellow component appear black, and all other icons white.
Icons with no color (white) always appear white.

Just by knowing whether an icon has cyan, magenta, and yellow components, you can separate out all the unique colors.

carlsojo

I need help on the elevator in the greenhouse type place.

After completing the fourth puzzle the elevator broke and I'm stuck.

Qblivion

I was going for a more subtle approach, but this is a more direct hint here.

Think on that, and your previous puzzles with the stars, and then think about why
just grouping them doesn't solve the puzzle

well I just solved it, and they are all grouped by pairs. So far every single piece of evidence is pointing to that and only that.

Nimajneb

elevator in the bunker

Under a red light, icons with a cyan component appear black, and all other icons white.
Under a green light, icons with a magenta component appear black, and all other icons white.
Under a blue light, icons with a yellow component appear black, and all other icons white.

Just by knowing whether an icon has cyan, magenta, and yellow components, you can separate out all the unique colors.

Thanks.
I didn't know enough about color mixing to get that. The elevator puzzle can actually be solved using the flowers and colored windows on the fist floor as a reference, without doing any manual color math.

Finally bit on the game and am loving the puzzles and the mystery of it all, but I felt like almost vomitting after a good hour and a half of playing.

Dunno if its the colors or the movement or whatever but the motion sickness is real. I didn't even realize it was game related until I walked away, I had no idea why I was getting so ill.

Will still keep pushing through because its really something special so far.

Qblivion

Just like all the previous puzzles. Didn't want to spell it out.

Well unfortunately you ended up confusing me even more. I mentioned in my first post that I thought that was the answer and asked if I was right and I just needed to draw the line differently. I had a really tough time with the tetrominos because that type of spacial awareness just doesn't click with me, even though I understood the rules.

Finally bit on the game and am loving the puzzles and the mystery of it all, but I felt like almost vomitting after a good hour and a half of playing.

Dunno if its the colors or the movement or whatever but the motion sickness is real. I didn't even realize it was game related until I walked away, I had no idea why I was getting so ill.

Will still keep pushing through because its really something special so far.

They're working on a patch for motion sickness. I believe if you're on PC there's even a beta patch already available.

Kaisos

Anyone want to explain to me how the triangle puzzles work? I'm trying to solve the
pillar in the entry area and I have no idea what I'm doing
. I think it has to do with either the
number of line segments drawn or the number of turns the line takes
, but I'm not certain and really don't have the wherewithal to try a hundred different solutions for the next two hours.

You're halfway there with the
bird
So I found the puzzles I think you were hintng at and did a few but they're preeeeeetty annoying. The ones I was referring to were on the side of the temple. The one with the small tree puzzle inside.
I think the bird is just random there

The
sequences of puzzles in the mountain
have left a sour taste in my mouth, especially
those color rotating and the green flickering ones
because my eyes literally teared up after staring at them for half a minute. What makes me more infuriating is that I know they are the exact same puzzles/rules as before but now you have to solve them while your annoying little brother keep pointing a laser in your face. The
two bridge thing is kind of clever but the rest of them in those two floors
are lazy and bad design to me.

Fat4all

Banned
Well unfortunately you ended up confusing me even more. I mentioned in my first post that I thought that was the answer and asked if I was right and I just needed to draw the line differently. I had a really tough time with the tetrominos because that type of spacial awareness just doesn't click with me, even though I understood the rules.

I'm sorry if my vagueness confused you more, I just didn't want to spell it out directly. You were overthinking it a bit, which is why I recommended looking at the older answers to the star puzzles. I thought that would be enough to make it click completely.

Sorry about that.

Nimajneb

Anyone want to explain to me how the triangle puzzles work? I'm trying to solve the
, but I'm not certain and really don't have the wherewithal to try a hundred different solutions for the next two hours.

It's the number of line segments that touch the square with the triangles.

Dad

I'm getting to the point where I've finished most of the areas and I'm deadending with everything I have left. Like what even are these hedges

Qblivion

edit: never mind I misunderstood triangle for the three pronged symbol lol

Qblivion

I'm sorry if my vagueness confused you more, I just didn't want to spell it out directly. You were overthinking it a bit, which is why I recommended looking at the older answers to the star puzzles. I thought that would be enough to make it click completely.

Sorry about that.

no problem. I appreciate the help.

About the puzzles in the room with the colored light in the town.
I just screen capped each of the three colors and layered them together.
This worked for the left puzzle, but not the right. In the end, I gave up and looked up the solution(the only time I've had to do so so far).

This was my solution that did not work:

http://i.imgur.com/7PyWS32.png

This is the working solution i found online:

http://i.imgur.com/qDIrrwZ.png

I don't understand why one worked, but not the other. Is there something I'm completely missing with this room?

Stole it, I've no idea why yours didn't work, you paired them correctly.
Also, how do you achieve the colors on the panel? Mine is always black (green or red) and blue no matter the light I use.

Nimajneb

Stole it, I've no idea why your's didn't work, you paired them correctly.
Also, how do you achieve the colors on the panel? Mine is always black (green or red) and blue no matter the light I use.

I layered the screen shots in an image editor, you can't get those colors in game.

border

I have figured out the proper solution to the treehouse puzzle below, but can somebody please explain to me why this answer wasn't valid?

http://www.picpaste.com/6tkmgq4m.JPG

Everytime I solved it like this I got a fail, but as far as I can tell I followed all the known rules (
two starbursts in each group, black and white squares segregated
).

Nimajneb

elevator in the bunker

I double checked my solution using this method, and found my solution is still valid. I think the puzzle might just be bugged.

Hey quick question

Im in the
treetops
, and this where where you have to have
two of each color stars grouped together
. Well im up to a part where
There is only one star on the board and I have to separate regular black and white dots, a concept introduced early in the game
. AM I misinterpreting something here?

Hey quick question

Im in the
treetops
, and this where where you have to have
two of each color stars grouped together
. Well im up to a part where
There is only one star on the board and I have to separate regular black and white dots, a concept introduced early in the game
. AM I misinterpreting something here?

What color is the star?

MEGATON for those struggling with the Challenge:
take a picture of a difficult puzzle on your phone and have your PS4 enter rest mode. The timer stops. Now you can take your sweet time! :)

I might actually complete this now, haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, 3 sessions now and it's confirmed... I tried, but simply cannot begin playing this game without saying "WITNESS ME!" aloud as it loads.

I just completed (so far as I know) the
"mirroring" puzzles, made a big beam shoot off into the distance.

The progression of ideas taught to the player during that sequence (which I guess might be called the boathouse and cliffs or so?), looking back on it, could have been used to fuel an entire $10 puzzle game on their own.
Can't believe how much more there is to see.

Top Bottom