• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Nezumi

Help, I need confirmation that this game runs smoothly with 60fps on PS4 otherwise my husband won't let me start the download :(

Man I want to play but I'm going to be dead as a doornail in the morning if I do this. Guess I need to crash and play tomorrow night. :(

Stoze

Downloading, as expected my internet connection is slow as hell (2 hours dl) so I'll wake up to play it in the morning.

I probably won't be posting or reading much for the next week/until I at least beat the story, so I wish you all luck at your puzzle solving!

BlazinAm

Help, I need confirmation that this game runs smoothly with 60fps on PS4 otherwise my husband won't let me start the download :(

wut?
I believe Jonathan Blow said it is stable 60 frames.

Edit: When exactly does this game unlock on PC cause it says the 26th and usually Steam games would have unlocked by now.

Stoze

It's rock solid 60fps. Check out the giant bomb quick look if you want to confirm, I believe that's on PS4.

oh god the people playing on Twitch are soooo bad at it. That's going to be a nightmare. You really need to give this game your full attention and there are too few streamers who do that.

Pedersen

So glad i get off work early today. Will be playing in about three hours!! Hopefully I'll find some graph paper since it seems to come in handy. To bad I haven't finished Talos, but it will have to wait. Time to be a Witness!

So glad i get off work early today. Will be playing in about three hours!! Hopefully I'll find some graph paper since it seems to come in handy. To bad I haven't finished Talos, but it will have to wait. Time to be a Witness!

Wait....people are actually recommending getting some graph paper for this....OMG I'm even more excited. Ok need to finish off Braid tonight (again). Damn you Steam :)

RobisWaiting

Neo Member
Yea but I don't care.

Please Care! A game like this comes along so rarely. Please don't deprive yourself of what makes the game so special; figuring out the puzzles on your own...

I mean, it's your time, obviously you can do whatever you want, but I'm asking you to go easy on it... See if you've got it in ya to work through it on your own...

(please!)

TheJoRu

Found a $20 PSN-card I didn't know I had in a drawer.

original

Suddenly The Witness doesn't feel expensive at all! Time to download!

I hope this game ends up being for me what Fez was for most people.

I didn't play Fez until way after release (when it was free on PS+) and by en I think I had gotten a bit burnt out on how much hype it got after release on a lot of the podcasts I listened to. When I finally did play it I was just kinda underwhelmed; didn't like the basic platforming much (the getting up a ledge animation took too long or something) and I found the layout of the game super confusing. I just felt like I was going through door after door and not getting a good understanding of what puzzles I could or couldn't solve at the moment. I want to go back to it at some point, but I'm not sure when.w

I've haven't been paying much attention to this game and I'm looking forward to going into it fresh.

Twitch should ban streams of this TBH... Really defeats the purpose of the game.

Guess I should get to bed soon so I can wake up once it's unlocked on Steam. Gotta prepare and rest my mind!

I bought a PS4 at launch specifically for N++ and The Witness.

Now, over two years later, my purchase is finally almost warranted.

(Great OP, great title)

The Witness and Driveclub were the reasons I initially preordered. And then cancelled.

I have one know and can't wait for Payday!

Looks a great game. I hope I don't get frustrated at the puzzles, Professor Layton nearly ended my DS!

Not looking at Trophy list but this could be my first Platinum hopefully!

I absolutely love this game so far. So excited to see where this takes me. The visuals are downright gorgeous. I love being in this world. I've solved 20 puzzles so far and got stuck on one
where you're in the gazebo type structure near the beginning area and you have to collect the dots before finishing the puzzle

Wasn't stuck there for too long, and I really wanted to keep playing but I really should go to sleep lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
this would be a boring ass stream to watch anyways if my past experience watching other streams of this type of game is any indication. Watching people struggle to solve puzzles isn't enjoyable to me.

GlamFM

Banned
I hope this game ends up being for me what Fez was for most people.

I didn't play Fez until way after release (when it was free on PS+) and by en I think I had gotten a bit burnt out on how much hype it got after release on a lot of the podcasts I listened to. When I finally did play it I was just kinda underwhelmed; didn't like the basic platforming much (the getting up a ledge animation took too long or something) and I found the layout of the game super confusing. I just felt like I was going through door after door and not getting a good understanding of what puzzles I could or couldn't solve at the moment. I want to go back to it at some point, but I'm not sure when.w

I've haven't been paying much attention to this game and I'm looking forward to going into it fresh.

At this point you don't even know what Fez is.

EvSOLO

Can anyone confirm if there is touch support for Windows Tablets? I'm assuming yes because there is a forthcoming iPad version but I can't find any concrete info on this via the Steam page. Touch is my preferred way to play so if no support on PC I'm going to hold out for the iOS port

Top Bottom