• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Rocwell

Hey, I read through the OP and may have missed the answer to this, but is there a disc based release for this or is it digital only? I'm getting close to my bandwidth cap for the month but I'm antsy to play it.

tch

Hey, I read through the OP and may have missed the answer to this, but is there a disc based release for this or is it digital only? I'm getting close to my bandwidth cap for the month but I'm antsy to play it.

Digital only for the time being.

So if I understand correctly, you have to observe the environment around you to gain clues for some of the more difficult panel pazels, which are essentially all like one another in terms of your objective?

Is that right?

If most of the puzzles are solved with no clues being necessary to find outside of the panel, I'm not sure I'll buy it

Eventually. There hasn't been any date given, but it's in the works.

cyba89

20 minutes left for download.

So excited to play this. I watched nothing about this game since the initial reveal, because I was already sold back then. The long wait is now over.

Freeman76

I hope this game ends up being for me what Fez was for most people.

I didn't play Fez until way after release (when it was free on PS+) and by en I think I had gotten a bit burnt out on how much hype it got after release on a lot of the podcasts I listened to. When I finally did play it I was just kinda underwhelmed; didn't like the basic platforming much (the getting up a ledge animation took too long or something) and I found the layout of the game super confusing. I just felt like I was going through door after door and not getting a good understanding of what puzzles I could or couldn't solve at the moment. I want to go back to it at some point, but I'm not sure when.w

I've haven't been paying much attention to this game and I'm looking forward to going into it fresh.

Sometimes i think a big part of the buzz with a game like this is being a part of those first few days where everyone is trying to figure things out. Fez was a lot like that and i honestly think i wouldnt have felt the same about that game if i got it months after release. Perhaps you will find the opposite with this.

So if I understand correctly, you have to observe the environment around you to gain clues for some of the more difficult panel pazels, which are essentially all like one another in terms of your objective?

Is that right?

If most of the puzzles are solved with no clues being necessary to find outside of the panel, I'm not sure I'll buy it

One of the official images (BEFORE RELEASE) has a
panel in the shape of a tree. Zero clues on the panel. On a sea of orange trees, lies a single green tree with an apple on one on branches. Solve the puzzle
. And that's incredibly early on.

So for those who are playing - would you say it's worth $56 AUD? Trying to debate if it's worth it right now or just leave it in hopes of a sale and get Lego Marvel Avengers instead.

IvanJ

Banned
Very happy that Canadian PSN still keeps the same dollar amounts (it seems they only hike the price up to $80 for AAA games).

Just bought it from there for a solid 30% discount.

Can anyone confirm if there is touch support for Windows Tablets? I'm assuming yes because there is a forthcoming iPad version but I can't find any concrete info on this via the Steam page. Touch is my preferred way to play so if no support on PC I'm going to hold out for the iOS port
I won't have the game until launch time (noon EST), but I'd be happy to load it up on my Surface Pro 2 and give it a try to see if there's touch support. I'm guessing the support is likely not in the game yet, as the iOS port is "months" away, at the very least, according to Blow.

One of the official images (BEFORE RELEASE) has a
panel in the shape of a tree. Zero clues on the panel. On a sea of orange trees, lies a single green tree with an apple on one on branches. Solve the puzzle
. And that's incredibly early on.

Cheers, that's the kind of thing I'm looking for :)

Will buy it later on today if puzzles like that are a really regular occurrence.

Are there any systems in place to allow you to keep track of puzzles you've skipped/missed?

I get buying it on PC for the mods with stuff like Skyrim and GTA, but this? Really?
I don't think anyone actually buys this on PC just because of mods (?), but the possibility is always a plus, of course. The open nature of the platform (and everything what that entails) in general is a factor for many though.

Bought, fuck it.

Nobody seems to have become bored by what seems on the surface to be repetetive puzzles, gonna assume that there's plenty of variety within them. And even if there isn't, the game seems beautiful

StaSeb

Couldn't risk it. Sleep mode it is. One puzzle I totally understand but the solution I keep doing isn't working.

Maybe your interpretation of this puzzles rules is wrong. Look at the puzzles before. Could you maybe "rephrase" the underlying rules and apply them to the new puzzle?

oatmeal

Banned
Maybe your interpretation of this puzzles rules is wrong. Look at the puzzles before. Could you maybe "rephrase" the underlying rules and apply them to the new puzzle?

I mean, that has to be it. I'm just not sure what needs to change. I will figure it out.

I purchased on PSN at Midnight based on reviews alone.

My g/f and I both got hooked and kept saying JUST 1 MORE PUZZLE! and now she's mad she stayed up til 2 AM.

We both are excited to get home and keep playing tomorrow night. This game is fantastic.

Psykotik

just started playing. early on, ive already made my way outside and solved the two tutorial type puzzles in the field and shack. now i need to use that knowledge to solve the first bunker door puzzle. im stuck lol. i know what to do but i cant seem to do it correctly.

T-Rex.

Banned
How does it compare to The Talos Principle? It looks great and I want to pick it up, but I just bought TTP last week so I can't justify it just yet.

The game is now live on EU PSN store.

Showing up on homepage of the store too

I just bought this, screw Fallout 4 and Dark Souls 2 and all my other games in my Backlog.

Yogg

I completely forgot this was releasing today! Just bought it and started the remote download. This is going to be a long day at work.

NightOnyx

Had some left over PSN money from Christmas, so I only ended up having to pay $10 more for it. I'm excited to give it a try in a few hours when I get home.

Top Bottom