• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Played the game for an hour and a half. The amount of things in the environment that just... are is staggering. It excites to think about what it all means, all the little things and clues used to solve puzzles. It blew me away at how much there is, really.

Carl

Downloading mine now. Don't intend to play until i have cleared a couple of games from my backlog but we'll see how long that lasts

Oh, I certainly will, I just find it odd that I'm applying (correctly) what the game has taught me about those two rules and it's not working.

I thought initially I was doing it correctly until I actually did it correctly, then I realized that I hadn't been before. Once you get it you'll probably realize the way before had some aspect wrong, even if minimal.

Vague but obvious hint:
the black and white dots can't share the same space at all

element

76 puzzles complete. My brain hurts.
Finding the voice recorders is interesting with Ashley Johnson doing the VO

There have been a couple puzzles that I have solved and have zero idea why they worked. It is a little on the frustrating side.

This game is so good but man, it's tough. Getting to some really difficult puzzles that I should be able to get but just can't. Crazy beautiful though, and already had a couple of "woah" moments.

WITHE1982

Played for half an hour this morning. 25 puzzles down and the environments so far are breathtaking.

Only one puzzle I couldn't solve as it was one of the first but I'm guessing I've got to come back once I do a few more.

The only slight frustration I've had is sometimes not knowing what solving a puzzle actually does. Some are just filler yet some reveal or open yet more mysteries. TBH though I'm just nitpicking.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Played for half an hour this morning. 25 puzzles down and the environments so far are breathtaking.

Only one puzzle I couldn't solve as it was one of the first but I'm guessing I've got to come back once I do a few more.

The only slight frustration I've had is sometimes not knowing what solving a puzzle actually does. Some are just filler yet some reveal or open yet more mysteries. TBH though I'm just nitpicking.

I thought Blow said he doesn't do filler. Are there really puzzles that are just there for their own sake?

Ludens

Banned
76 puzzles complete. My brain hurts.
Finding the voice recorders is interesting with Ashley Johnson doing the VO

There have been a couple puzzles that I have solved and have zero idea why they worked. It is a little on the frustrating side.

How much time did you take to complete 76 puzzles?

WITHE1982

I thought Blow said he doesn't do filler. Are there really puzzles that are just there for their own sake?

It really seems that way. But like I said I'm only 30 minutes in so I could be wrong.

I think what he probably meant is that even the puzzles that do nothing are a learning tool for later ones... I guess.

Psykotik

Some help with not too heavy spoilers:
You have two rules combined in one puzzle there. And several starting points. But look at the starting points: Only one of them allows you to follow both rules! The rest should be a matter of thinking and trying a bit.

managed to figure it out by myself. such an awesome feeling whenever that happens!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what time does the game unlock on Steam in the UK?

Roughly six hours (6pm GMT).

t1453831200z4.png

Blow said 9am PT, but at this juncture Valve hasn't changed the unlock time.

Kerned

Banned
Purchased and currently downloading. I always forget to take care of these steps in the morning, then when I want to play a new game at night it's a whole process. Can't wait to get home from work today.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
30 min in, game is incredible already. i hate that i have to go to work now.

i really hope that screenshot someone posted/explained with the
sideways lady in the reflection of the island
wasn't a big spoiler :/

gdt

I can't believe we are sitting here waiting on the PC version.

Generally I'd be at work on a Tuesday morning but I'm off today.

-GJ-

30 min in, game is incredible already. i hate that i have to go to work now.

i really hope that screenshot someone posted/explained with the
sideways lady in the reflection of the island
wasn't a big spoiler :/
What screenshot are you talking about? I can't seem to find it.

I just got a new PC and was thinking if I should get it for PC or for the PS4. I do like that the Humble store donate a portion to charity.

Wok

I can't believe we are sitting here waiting on the PC version.

Generally I'd be at work on a Tuesday morning but I'm off today.

Blow is sadistic. He announces a release time, goes to sleep, while we wait. Only to find out that the game will be released one hour later for us, Europeans.

lMi4254.png

nOoblet16

Got a question, I am visiting my parents for about a month so I will take my PS4 with me.

But I was wondering how does the game control with a controller? Haven't seen much of the game to make a judgement.

Now I play most of my games on consoles including FPS and shooters and I am good with it but there are some games that are slightly difficult to play with a controller due to the way things work in the game world, for example SOMA where you can physically interact with a lot of objects in the game world and moving/interacting with them with a mouse is easier than with a controller.

Jb

I just got a new PC and was thinking if I should get it for PC or for the PS4. I do like that the Humble store donate a portion to charity.

If you have the choice why not get it on PC on the Humble store? The PS4 version seems really good so far, also I do wish I could increase the stick sensitivity, but you'll be giving money to a good cause.

I tried downloading it to my ps4 from my phone (I think for the first time) as I was out tonight. 4 hours later I get home and it says it couldn't download. It had to start from the start and it will take 3 hours. Maybe I'll wake up early to play some before work. Oh well.

shmoglish

Got a question, I am visiting my parents for about a month so I will take my PS4 with me.

But I was wondering how does the game control with a controller? Haven't seen much of the game to make a judgement.

Now I play most of my games on consoles including FPS and shooters and I am good with it but there are some games that are slightly difficult to play with a controller due to the way things work in the game world, for example SOMA where you can physically interact with a lot of objects in the game world and moving/interacting with them with a mouse is easier than with a controller.
It plays fine wir a gamepad, don't worry

RiverBed

Banned
Yay, downloading now!
The best thing is I have no idea what awaits as I only saw the original PS4 announcement video. :D

P.S. four hours to download 7gb because my internet sucks. I'll go eat and this will be my nightcap game. I hope I'll play it all night as I have nothing to do tomorrow.

Uh okay so I don't want to post huge spoilers even tagged just in case anyone clicks it on accident but can someone who has beaten the game/gotten pretty far PLEASE PM me because I feel like I just "solved" (for lack of a better word) the game too early and I want someone to confirm or deny that I have/haven't.

Top Bottom