• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... Dumb question but how do you get multiple saves on PS4? On the GB Quicklook Brad had a bunch of manual saves when he went to load his game but I'm not seeing any save options anywhere.

So I recently got a new monitor and was really surprised that there's been no major issues with blacklight bleeding or anything. I just launched this game up and walking around felt like something was wrong with the screen. I look, and I see that all of the edges of the screen are dim, and couldn't believe I hadn't immediately noticed such a huge issue with monitor!

It's just a stylistic choice in the game. Man I was really freaking out for a second.

There is a line puzzle at the bottom of the door that unlocks the door. It was so small.

Thank you tho.

I was so jazzed that I kind of wasn't thinking right... I've been keeping myself a football fields length away from spoilers... outside of that one
Tetris
puzzle.

Ah, thought you were talking about after.

Qblivion

Someone help me understand this puzzle inside the mountain.

Possibility #1 for the shape makes separating the left purple and green squares and option #2 makes pairing the green star impossible with a green square. What am I misunderstanding here?

Qblivion

You have to pair the starburst with a, and only one, square of the same color.

I know, my post says as much, but I don't see how that is physically possible with this layout. Unless I am brainfarting and missing something with the tetromino the two options I drew are the only possible places for it to go.

I know, my post says as much, but I don't see how that is physically possible with this layout. Unless I am brainfarting and missing something with the tetromino the two options I drew are the only possible places for it to go.

Alternative 1 is the one to go. ;)

You can pair the green starburst with the tetromino shape.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
I can't figure out this
boat door sound
puzzle for the life of me. It's pretty much the only thing I have left to do. Any hints?

I can't figure out this
boat door sound
puzzle for the life of me. It's pretty much the only thing I have left to do. Any hints?

That is now officially acknowledged as one of the hardest puzzles in the game - I don't know if it helps to approach it that way.

And it was so satisfying to figure it out. Let's see...

You will know it when the sound matches. Take as long as you need to pick it out.

BraXzy

Currently in the treetops section. Loving it so far, this is one hell of a scenic place. But god I've hit a brick wall.

I'm at the part where it splits off fairly early on. Middle path goes up to the pink tree with the door opening panel. Left and right go to areas with platforms to open across. Stuck on all panels partway through on both sides :'(

I hate when you're looking at something and no matter what you try/think it seems impossible.. But it makes it all the sweeter when it clicks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This is relating to "+". Don't look unless you know what they are.

is there any way of knowing if the last + you're looking for in an area is underground or in the sky? Like, I have one left in the sand ruin/symmetry and it's killing me.

This is relating to "+". Don't look unless you know what they are.

is there any way of knowing if the last + you're looking for in an area is underground or in the sky? Like, I have one left in the sand ruin/symmetry and it's killing me.

Everything in the same laser area will be grouped together onto adjacent faces of the obelisks.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ok in mountain question/rant/wtf

4th color puzzle pulling that craziness out. You can match a star with a shape? If I knew that I would have not wasted an hour on that puzzle.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Everything in the same laser area will be grouped together onto adjacent faces of the obelisks.
Yeah, I did notice this. :) although it seems one or two are mixed up within a given zone.

Ok in mountain question/rant/wtf

4th color puzzle pulling that craziness out. You can match a star with a shape? If I knew that I would have not wasted an hour on that puzzle.

The "one black star" puzzle in the treehouses that teaches this is pretty infamous in this thread by now.

Yeah, I did notice this. :) although it seems one or two are mixed up within a given zone.

I haven't actually started looking for real. Now I'm concerned.

Quonny

Just finished the forest. First area I completed. There is a puzzle in the bun
ker that is driving me insane. I see that the pillar has a circle on it. I see that the broken wall makes a line. I see it game, but every combination I do does jack. It's the first time I felt like I "got" it but I can't "do" it.
It's incredibly frustrating.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The "one black star" puzzle in the treehouses that teaches this is pretty infamous in this thread by now.

I haven't actually started looking for real. Now I'm concerned.
Don't worry too much. They're still, like, within a zone and
still in the same *general* direction. There are some in the underground sand ruins that appear on two adjacent sides of the pole.

Afrodium

Banned
Finally beat that floor puzzle at the bottom of the mountain and feel so good. The best "aha" moment happened when I realized that
though one of the panels contained crooked Tetris pieces, the shape you create with it doesn't share those characteristics.

I have a bunch of sketches of how those pieces could have fit together, definitely more than any puzzle, and now I have bested it.

Finally beat that floor puzzle at the bottom of the mountain and feel so good. The best "aha" moment happened when I realized that
though one of the panels contained crooked Tetris pieces, the shape you create with it doesn't share those characteristics.

I have a bunch of sketches of how those pieces could have fit together, definitely more than any puzzle, and now I have bested it.

It's a fantastically challenging finale. I spent two hours working through solving it and when I found its solution, it was the highest point of the game for me.

Inkwell

Banned
So I was missing a single puzzle, and it turns out all I had to do was trigger the ending to get it. For some reason I loaded an older save after the first time I did that.

Besides that I'm just missing an audio log, and I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug or something. It actually wouldn't be the first time.

M3z_

For someone who asking for help on a puzzle near the bamboo area:

I am in the midst of doing the audio frequency puzzles and I'm on what I believe to be the second to last of them. On this puzzle there are 5 chirps with a prolonged howl distracting your hearing. There exist only 4 peaks on this board, but there are 5 chirps. I have suspected that I must double back then move forward again, but I'm trying to solve the puzzle without brute forcing and the possible paths for doubling back just don't line up with what I'm hearing. Can someone tell me if I am thinking about this puzzle wrong, or that I must be hearing wrong. Should I give up on doubling back or just listen better. This section has been really annoying, because I am really bad at differentiating the chirps as highs mids or lows, but at the same time I don't want to look up answers.

GhaleonEB

Well, I thought I was going to finish the golden forest tonight. Instead I finished the quarry. :lol

I can't figure out how to open the other half of the door on the forest laser. So I follow it around and find a bunch of panels behind the sawmill still not lit up. One of them is lit, but it also has a door halfway open. I need to find what it connects to. I thought it ran to the sawmill - which thanks to my roaming around the treetops, I could solve. Only that lit the quarry beacon instead. I'll take it!

Three beacons activated. Baby steps!

KraytarJ

So in the challenge
how are you supposed to know where the arrow puzzles show up in the maze? They seem completely random.

Qblivion

How is the third level in the mountain even remotely possible?
the symmetry one
and yes I understand the rules to tetrominoes.

For someone who asking for help on a puzzle near the bamboo area:

I am in the midst of doing the audio frequency puzzles and I'm on what I believe to be the second to last of them. On this puzzle there are 5 chirps with a prolonged howl distracting your hearing. There exist only 4 peaks on this board, but there are 5 chirps. I have suspected that I must double back then move forward again, but I'm trying to solve the puzzle without brute forcing and the possible paths for doubling back just don't line up with what I'm hearing. Can someone tell me if I am thinking about this puzzle wrong, or that I must be hearing wrong. Should I give up on doubling back or just listen better. This section has been really annoying, because I am really bad at differentiating the chirps as highs mids or lows, but at the same time I don't want to look up answers.

You are right that it is impossible to enter the chirps on that puzzle.

The game also has a way of hinting at this.
Did you notice that there are two audio logs at the jungle entrance?

How is the third level in the mountain even remotely possible?
the symmetry one
and yes I understand the rules to tetrominoes.

Just keep trying and see if you can eliminate any options.

hesido

Solved a garden maze by chance,
the one that you personally walk to the answer,
the one that doesn't seem to give a hint (there's another one that doesn't seem to give an obvious hint and I can't solve it). A bit disillusioned that I solved by chance and can't figure how to do it:/

People, how do I branch to another save? I accidentally branched my save once but can't see any options to do that.

So in the challenge
how are you supposed to know where the arrow puzzles show up in the maze? They seem completely random.

They are completely random, as is the rest of the challenge. But maybe there is a way to notice where they are...

Solution -
The second puzzle, the cube. Where the yellow marks are is where the puzzles will be.

Two Words

I'm at the treehouse. I dont get why this solution does not work.

ZqDJ2gG.jpg

Top Bottom