• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Bowlie

Banned
Reflect on your existence.
Look into the water near the temple.

I see clams, flowers (open/closed, white/orange), lanterns, a statue. I remember Blow saying that every object in the scenario has a purpose, so probably each of these means one thing (obelisk puzzles, audio logs, puzzles, lasers, movies).

Is it the type of knowledge I'll learn later, or I would have had to do one *thing*, go to the lake and see what's different, and so on?

Either way, it's crazy that I passed by the lake and never noticed them.

rafaelr

asking because i don´t wanna accidentally be spoiled by reading all the posts containing endgame stuff, so:
spoilers for endgame
and beyond?
ok, so i activated all the lasers and got the endgame trophy. then i´m getting in the flying elevator and some cryptic phrases and i´m back at the "start a new game" screen? do i have to do it all again, or can i load a save?
also, no real clue yet what the challenge is supposed to be. i suppose it could have to do something with the environmental puzzles and those phrases said during the elevator flight? or with the cinema, since i only have opened 4 of the vault doors (starting area, beach near temple, mountainside, near monastery; haven´t managed to open shipwreck door and haven´t even found no. 6 yet)?

heh, when the endgame trophy popped i said to myself "great, so i basically know nothing and have more questions than before

asking because i don´t wanna accidentally be spoiled by reading all the posts containing endgame stuff, so:
spoilers for endgame
and beyond?
ok, so i activated all the lasers and got the endgame trophy. then i´m getting in the flying elevator and some cryptic phrases and i´m back at the "start a new game" screen? do i have to do it all again, or can i load a save?
also, no real clue yet what the challenge is supposed to be. i suppose it could have to do something with the environmental puzzles and those phrases said during the elevator flight? or with the cinema, since i only have opened 4 of the vault doors (starting area, beach near temple, mountainside, near monastery; haven´t managed to open shipwreck door and haven´t even found no. 6 yet)?

heh, when the endgame trophy popped i said to myself "great, so i basically know nothing and have more questions than before

Load your last save from before the ending. Since you have all the lasers, you already have everything you need.

roytheone

I learned that I'm really bad at flipping images in my head... I'd really rather not have to start taking screenshots and manipulating images as that really just seems akin to looking up the solution online.

I use Paint to complete puzzles with Tetris icons. It's not even remotely the same as looking up solutions.

Blizzard

Banned
Taking a screenshot of a solution and messing with it, creating paper cutouts, 3D printing your own models to play with, filling notebook pages with doodles, that's all fair game in my book. It's all your own logic.

mclem

Yeah, I'd say there's nothing wrong with using whatever tools you can to assist visualisation.

Other than note-taking, I did make use of (implied spoilers for jungle)
a sound manipulation tool

I am feeling pretty lost, I have 8
lasers activated so far, and I am not really sure where to go next. I feel I have looked everywhere
. Is anyone able to nudge me in the right direction?

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
I cannot figure out this
boat
puzzle for the life of me.
I'm assuming that the sound that corresponds to the puzzle is the boat creaking noise but every combination of that I do is wrong
. Am I on the right path?

Kaiken

Banned
I cannot figure out this
boat
I'm assuming that the sound that corresponds to the puzzle is the boat creaking noise but every combination of that I do is wrong

Yes, well

Big Hint:
Half way there

papo

Si I got
my 7th laser up and it's pointing to the horizon not the mountain. Do I need to change something or is that ok. Talking about the desert laser and I know where I activated it from had another door locked from the other side I really do not know how to get to yet.

I cannot figure out this
boat

Why do you think you can't cover all the dots with the line you're drawing?

Second hint:
How do you think you can apply that idea to solve the puzzle?

Marsh
Dessert
The rocky tree symmetry section
Green House
Church/Monastery
Jungle
Woods
Maze (although only half, still activated the laser somehow)

There is a section that can only be accessed by
boat, also look between the desert and the jungle and there is a place near the lake, that should be the 3 you're missing

Si I got
my 7th laser up and it's pointing to the horizon not the mountain. Do I need to change something or is that ok. Talking about the desert laser and I know where I activated it from had another door locked from the other side I really do not know how to get to yet.

Yes,
you need to redirect it to the mountain, the way to do it is not in the desert though, you can easily find it if you follow the laser

rafaelr

none of these. It's easier than that since you have 11 lasers already. There's one huge, secret area you haven't been to.

more endgame spoilers
umm, somewhat stumped...does it have something to do with the boy sitting in the room with before the final exit? he´s got a tablet in front of him with cables coming out of it

Bowlie

Banned
more endgame spoilers
umm, somewhat stumped...does it have something to do with the boy sitting in the room with before the final exit? he´s got a tablet in front of him with cables coming out of it

You're on the right track! But you must do something before that. As you noticed, his tablet is turned off...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I learned that I'm really bad at flipping images in my head... I'd really rather not have to start taking screenshots and manipulating images as that really just seems akin to looking up the solution online.
That's nothing like looking up solutions. People have notebooks full of stuff.

aro52

Under the Windmill, Cave, and end-game spoilers:

Has anyone figured out the 4th video log puzzle, in the Caves, yet? It has 3 of the locked out gray puzzles above the door, that are seen elsewhere in the Caves. Do I have to complete the annoying timed challenge first?

Under the Windmill, Cave, and end-game spoilers:

Has anyone figured out the 4th video log puzzle, in the Caves, yet? It has 3 of the locked out gray puzzles above the door, that are seen elsewhere in the Caves. Do I have to complete the annoying timed challenge first?

Yes.

Reverend Funk

Comfy Penetration
Fuck this
boat
puzzle. Before I quit for the day I need to know
is only the creaking sound used and is the pattern low medium high medium low medium high
?

rafaelr

endgame spoiler
lol, of course the tablet has to be the one type of puzzle i always managed to solve kinda by accident without ever making an effort to grasp its rules. i´ll be back tomorrow.

Kaiken

Banned
Fuck this
boat
puzzle. Before I quit for the day I need to know
is only the creaking sound used and is the pattern low medium high medium low medium high
?

No, and the creaking pattern you have is incorrect. It'll repeat itself. Listen to the long pause between.

Bowlie

Banned
endgame spoiler
lol, of course the tablet has to be the one type of puzzle i always managed to solve kinda by accident without ever making an effort to grasp its rules. i´ll be back tomorrow.

Yeah, I kept thinking "why are these puzzles scattered around?". Turned out they were preparing me for that.

Wuuuuuuttttttt,
just realised I have hand of god like powers.
XWOuu8G.gif

oRuin

I've been in bed all day with Flu. Fever dreams all night of trying to solve puzzles. My god what a nightmare lol.

Nose Master

Okay, the Treehouse / Suns make no sense to me.

The suns seem to cancel each other out, and therefore "disappear" and not affect any color groupings, even if they don't match with the squares that they're segmented with. They also seem to be able to match with opposing colors, in some situations? Its like every panel handles the rules of the suns differently.

Top Bottom