• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

27 panels done and feeling motion sickness :(

Then stop playing for a while. I got a feeling this is a game that you boot up, do a couple of puzzles and then do something else.

In other words, It's not a one sitting and your done type of game. It's meant to be played slowly and enjoyed..like a nice cup of coffee.

On PSN, if you try change card details multiple times in quick succession, or make too many purchases quickly, PSN deems your card a 'risk' and locks it off their system for 5 working days.

I haven't changed anything in over a year and my last PSN-transaction was almost a month ago. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it works next time I decide to buy something.

tsef

OMG 4 hours in, everything was going alright and then stuck. I'm pretty sure I have the right idea but then I can't figure out how to make the whole thing work. :(
In the tree temple you have 4 panels and you need to align the tree branches to find the way but I'm stuck on the last one, I can't find a full path.

Then stop playing for a while. I got a feeling this is a game that you boot up, do a couple of puzzles and then do something else.

In other words, It's not a one sitting and your done type of game. It's meant to be played slowly and enjoyed..like a nice cup of coffee.
I strongly doubt they built in motion sickness to slow people down.

I pmed him. We've yet to confirm but I'm sure we found a huge secret. So big those who haven't found it would be ruined if I said anything.

Man...haven't played the game yet but this worries me. Is there any way to, as vaguely as possible, tell us what to NOT to? I'm afraid of ruining this.

Will be curiously monitoring this thread to see if anyone else runs into this. Crazy stuff.

ThankeeSai

I pmed him. We've yet to confirm but I'm sure we found a huge secret. So big those who haven't found it would be ruined if I said anything.

So was it a bug in the game that lead you somewhere you weren't supposed to be able to get to, or is this just something you stumbled into?

danowat

Banned
Nope, its definitely not. People will eventually have to find this area as well.

So you think it's something you weren't supposed to stumble on, at all due to a bug/glitch?, or until later in the game?.

How many hours / puzzles did it take you to stumble upon it? is it game breaking?

Man...haven't played the game yet but this worries me. Is there any way to, as vaguely as possible, tell us what to NOT to? I'm afraid of ruining this.

Will be curiously monitoring this thread to see if anyone else runs into this. Crazy stuff.
I'll just say its not an error or mistake, so if you're clever enough, you'll one day find it. Youll know it when you see it!

I responded. I think we're on the same page.
I'd shoot a PM to rudds. He was posting in the thread earlier, completed it and can maybe confirm?

Probably not but it just appears that everyone is rushing to complete the game quickly.
That's up to them how they want to experience it. I'm lucky that I don't get motion sickness but I empathize for the people that do and how they're playing isn't a great excuse for it.

Currently doing
the bonsai tree puzzles, done the three then swapped the shutters but cannot get the third part where you draw the yellow fire (right most shutter) aligned

Currently doing
the bonsai tree puzzles, done the three then swapped the shutters but cannot get the third part where you draw the yellow fire (right most shutter) aligned

I had the same problem as this, but those puzzles are not necessary to complete what we want in early game in that area. So that's nice at least :)

noomi

Seems like a really fun game to play, but I'll probably hold off until it's a bit cheaper. Would feel more comfortable spending around $20 on this.

ekim

Do the single puzzles have an unique ID or name that doesn't spoil anything? So when discussing puzzles here we could go like this

Question about Puzzle 22JK1:
Blablabla

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Early Game puzzle spoilers:
That moment of dread when I realized the yellow line was turning invisible.
I was worried it was going to become an exercise in pushing my short-term memory to its limits, but I was really impressed by the restraint of those puzzles. Reasonably challenging but not tedious.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Seems like a really fun game to play, but I'll probably hold off until it's a bit cheaper. Would feel more comfortable spending around $20 on this.

It's a large, beautiful first-person open-world game that will last you anywhere between 20 and 100+ hours depending on how good you are at solving the puzzles and how many of them you want to complete. Why can't that be worth 2/3 of a regular game? Is it just because it's indie? Because it's about puzzles? Of course, if you don't think this will be your thing you're welcome to wait for a lower price, but if it's just because it's not your typical AAA title I don't get it.

kiguel182

I played the game for like an hour and man, it's so pretty and clever.

I saw a thing that I have no idea what it is (either because I'm dumb or because I'll see something later that helps) and stumbled my way to a bunch of line puzzles. Got stuck in one until I realised I could do something I didn't know I could (something I'm not the biggest fan of but it didn't annoy me that much).

Can't wait to play more when I have the time.

cyba89

Played for 4 hours and solved around 140 panels so far.
Absolutely loving this. The puzzles are very clever and creative. The island is just beautiful with many secrets to explore.

I wonder a bit about the playtime right now, because I already activated
3 lasers
in those 4 hours.

Also it's probably really hard to discuss this game here in the OT.

I'd shoot a PM to rudds. He was posting in the thread earlier, completed it and can maybe confirm?

No real point, I don't want to spoil him if he hasn't found it yet. I confirmed with Xander Cage that we found the same thing. (to be clear I don't think this is -necessary- to complete the game....just to 100%)

If you want to know -what- we found in vague terms, without details about what I actually saw or did to get there:
seems like an developer/credits hub like end area with tons of potential for more secrets to be added as you explore the island. There's also an ending which made me reload once I watched it.

Nezumi

OK, so after about 2 hours of blissful stumbling about and solving puzzles I've come across the first one that I solved but don't know how. It was in an what I was think is still one of the earlier areas, (as in 'I don't think I ran too fast ahead),
There is a second castlelike building with a few garden mazes. You solve the first one by drawing the path you had to take but the second one doesn't give you a defined route. I looked everywhere for some clue which might tell me which path to take (shadows on the ground and color of the bushes) and didn't find anything. I ended up drawing a random line and the door opened...

Top Bottom