• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is every puzzle that is physically turned on and working solvable? Are there any you need to come back to later?

Yes.

I'm stuck on the tree puzzles.

Until now, I followed the tracks that'd lead to the Apple. But now on the fourth puzzle, there is no apple on the tree...?

HELP!

Two ways of solving that one :Look very carefully
at the tree, and the puzzle. Or just follow the wire and look at the features of the branch that is broken.

I need help in the swamp.

I've done the tutorials and the little bridge puzzle but I can't get past either of the next two puzzles. Maybe I just don't get the squares rule.

Stuck on same place. Plus
Is it possible to make the bridge go back to where I came or am i stuck until I solve the block puzzles.

Jb

The desert puzzles made me go "Wait we're doing what now? Really?" But I'm guessing it'll all come together at some point.

Stuck on same place. Plus
Is it possible to make the bridge go back to where I came or am i stuck until I solve the block puzzles.
Nope.
Stuck it seems. This is really killing my vibe with the game. One of the reasons I was liking it was if I was stuck I could wander off. Now I'm stuck here.

JonnyKong

I cannot for the life of me work out what the orange arrow means on the first floor panel. I think I'll leave it for now and wait to see if the answer will be revealed to me in due time.

SilentRob

Could you check if it was properly subtitled/captioned?

Sadly wasn't. There are only subtitles for VO, but no captions.

It's entirely possible I just missed another visual cue during that puzzle, but sound was the only way i found. If you want to, I could put the puzzle I'm talking about in Spoiler Tags.

Chris R

Forgot to ask this earlier, is there Steam Cloud support? Just wanting to know if I should start playing this on my lunch break or if I should just wait until I get home from Work

cilonen

I cannot for the life of me work out what the orange arrow means on the first floor panel. I think I'll leave it for now and wait to see if the answer will be revealed to me in due time.

I've solved it, but I don't know why the solution was the right option. I figured out the laws governing that will be taught to me later!

Sai-kun

Banned

Haha yeah I just did this too, and not knowing what it does makes me excited.

Neoweee

I'm stuck. Like actually stuck. I can't beat two puzzles and there is nowhere I can go. I got this place by solving a puzzle that brought me along a platform and now I'm stuck with no way back :(

Reviews complained about that, or other similar traps. At least one reviewer restarted the game because of it.

Jb

I need help in the swamp.

I've done the tutorials and the little bridge puzzle but I can't get past either of the next two puzzles. Maybe I just don't get the squares rule.

Since I already posted this earlier...

The panel on the moving platform is the way you control it: two vertical bars and a horizontal one between them (which represents the platform). Except there's a space that basically lets you chose if the horizontal bar should be closer to the left vertical bar or the right one. To go back just re-do the panel by "selecting" the left vertical bar and the horizontal one together.

I'm susceptible to motion sickness so the lack of FoV options is worrying me, how is it compared to games with a reasonable locked FoV such as CSGO?

louiedog

Is there another, but very similar, way to solve the puzzle? The puzzles often represent something else in the world.
This is a tip for those of you who get stuck.

Thanks.

I'd already tried that, but maybe I was off a block or something because it didn't work. Without the tip I probably wouldn't have again until pulling out all of my hair.

Is anyone else playing this game with a wireless 360 controller? Mine doesn't do anything once I launch the game. Any help?

Edit: Nvm, restarted my whole system and got it working. Strange

Question about the
transparent
puzzles near the water.

The fourth puzzle....how the heck do you figure it out? I cannot figure out the rock formation pattern. I was able to get the answer through pure trial and error but have no idea why it's correct.

It's a matter of
perspective
And those panels are the way they are for a reason.

bigger hint:
you can manipulate clear panels from both sides

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Anyone notice that the sound it makes when you start a line puzzle is the same as the windows error sound?

It's wrecking havoc on me subconsciously.

Wohoo, just found the
boat.
(It's in the trailer)

I'm stumped by one of the early puzzles.
That first vault door. I understand what I have to do with the black/white squares and dots on the path, but I can't figure out the correct path

DeviantBoi

Love the game, but I simply cannot play it without it making me utterly sick.

I called Sony and requested a refund. They said yeah as a one-time thing.

Sadly, I'll no longer be a witness to this game.

:(

tuxfool

Banned
Love the game, but I simply cannot play it without it making me utterly sick.

I called Sony and requested a refund. They said yeah as a one-time thing.

Sadly, I'll no longer be a witness to this game.

:(

Yup it sucks. It is nowhere near as bad as the Talos Principle. That game wrecked me.

I don't really get it, I'm fine with most games in first person, barring sometimes source engine games.

Eklesp

I can not for the life of me figure this and the green one near it out

Like you have previously been doing. Just do the bottom white ones backwards, go across the bottom first then around them and up to the top one from the left side. If you do this, you won't block the exit.

I'm sure I tried every possible route I could draw the line, but none worked. *shrugs*

Though I have not stumbled into a solution for those puzzles yet nor found the tutorial puzzle that explains them, it's possible that the solution is not based on
where you draw the paths,
but
HOW you draw them.

It's also possible either your
perspective
or
which way the puzzle is facing
could also hold some key in completing it.

Top Bottom