• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

oatmeal

Banned
Take a look at the whole panel (including the stand). I got stuck for a long time there too.

I'm in the same place!
Next floor is green so I'm assuming we need to discover what each color is and then see what they are through a green screen
WHAT A TWIST :/

louiedog

What am I doing wrong in the swamp when trying to
turn the pivoting (I assume) platform with 4 different colors, red being out? I'm not sure what it wants from me.

Trying to finish
the last puzzle in the tree-shadow section (i think), where one side of the gate is open.

Any hints without giving away the answer? Tried a bunch of things.

I'm stuck here too. I have no idea what to do. It's weird because I was actually breezing through all of the other puzzles in that section.
I think you guys are only halfway through, if you are where I think you are.
I figured it was unsolvable with the other half of the gate casting its shadow, so I figured it had to be opened from somewhere, I followed the wire to another set of tree shade puzzles, did a few and got totally blocked on one where I had way too much shadow.

Felt such gratification beating the desert, and then
water puzzle I am stuck at third panel.

Have you gone underground to the
raising water section? It's all about position
let me know if you figure out the last bit after, been stuck at that now for over probably an hour.

Question for the Red area

I'm doing the set of puzzles that involve combining yellow blocks to make one big shape on a green background. At the end of this set of puzzles there is a tile that has two stacks of two yellow blocks, separated by a gap. I don't really understand. I've made shapes which u figured would work but I just can't really tell what that tile means. Hope this made sense.

Am I cheating by using Google Keep to take notes and save photos of clues (yes, I'm photographing my TV)? I mean, I COULD draw them on paper or whatever, but I feel like it would just take longer for no real good reason.
If you're indiscriminately taking pictures of everything you're probably robbing yourself of happy accidents and discoveries. The level design is very thoughtful. Trust the game to prod you and remind you when you need to refer to something. Otherwise you're going to be a tourist that barely looks up from the travel guide. No harm in using a camera instead of a pencil in those cases.

I think you guys are only halfway through, if you are where I think you are.
I figured it was unsolvable with the other half of the gate casting its shadow, so I figured it had to be opened from somewhere, I followed the wire to another of tree shade puzzles, did a few and got totally blocked on one where I had way too much shadow.
Yes, you're right, there was an entire other section I didn't see.

Thanks!

GavinUK86

First thing I did was run to the top of the mountain. Fuck puzzles. Found a couple audio logs on the way and one at the top. No idea what's going on but it sure is interesting.

Sane_Man

Stuck on the desert temple!

I have no clue how to solve the red panels at the entrance with the orange lines. They're like a hexagon shape with stars in the middle. It seems like it's obvious but I've looked around everywhere to no avail! Hints please?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
If you're indiscriminately taking pictures of everything you're probably robbing yourself of happy accidents and discoveries. The level design is very thoughtful. Trust the game to prod you and remind you when you need to refer to something. Otherwise you're going to be a tourist that barely looks up from the travel guide. No harm in using a camera instead of a pencil in those cases.

No, just things that are very obviously solutions to some line puzzle I'm gonna find somewhere later on, and that I know I wouldn't remember otherwise. Things I would draw on paper if I didn't feel like it's easier to just take a photo. I'm not photographing everything I see!

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
Is it in reference to this?

Dude on mobile images and videos are entirely visible, even inside a spoiler tag. That is a huge spoiler, in plain sight. Can we just get a "link to all images or else" rule in here please?

Edit: this time (this is the second time I've seen some version of this spoiler) I got burned by "embed YouTube", an option that's not even visible in the nonmobile preferences. In any case, the embed ignores spoiler tags.

Stuck on the desert temple!

I have no clue how to solve the red panels at the entrance with the orange lines. They're like a hexagon shape with stars in the middle. It seems like it's obvious but I've looked around everywhere to no avail! Hints please?

Try looking at it from a different perspective

iFirez

Stuck in
the swamp
this place is cool but starting to get annoying now. Can't even complete one of the puzzles on the platform above, managed to complete one of the two on the door up there but no luck with the second.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Crap, I just activated the metal barge across some water with the tetrimino screens, and now there's no way back over. I'm stuck with two puzzles I can't manage and can't go do anything else?

This game is AMAZING. Played about 3 hours and loving it so far as expected. Even the first hour of the game didn't do justice to just how unexpected and surprising the world and puzzles can be. You really have to think outside the box and the game does a great job of letting you figure out things on your own. Can't wait to play and explore more. Great puzzle game.

AlterOdin

Intriguing game, spent a little to much time one the beach/cave-door puzzle. (not solved yet, although I think I know the premise for it, always one dot off).

Warning; this caused some burn-in on my lcd (or ghosting of pixel of whatever you call it on lcd, it's a old tv).
So don't spend to much time one one puzzle :)

baconcow

One of the Steam reviews. 1.4 hours in (when opting for a refund), complains the game has no difficulty, like an app store game, and says he is about 1/4 of the way through the game. smh.

Stuck in
the swamp
this place is cool but starting to get annoying now. Can't even complete one of the puzzles on the platform above, managed to complete one of the two on the door up there but no luck with the second.

Crap, I just activated the metal barge across some water with the tetrimino screens, and now there's no way back over. I'm stuck with two puzzles I can't manage and can't go do anything else?
You can leave again if you want by
mirroring the puzzle on the barge

hesido

Intriguing game, spent a little to much time one the beach/cave-door puzzle. (not solved yet, although I think I know the premise for it, always one dot off).

Warning; this caused some burn-in on my lcd (or ghosting of pixel of whatever you call it on lcd, it's a old tv).
So don't spend to much time one one puzzle :)

Uh, a very subtle camera motion on those puzzles could help then. Tweet Blow maybe?

I got 4 hours left, crappy internet access be damned.

Nicko

After seeing some of the glowing reviews, I was considering picking this game up for my wife and I.

I was curious if anyone knew how 2-player friendly this game is? I would likely use controller while my wife helps solve puzzles. Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

Nicko

kiguel182

People, I need some help.

I finished the
first laser.
and now every puzzle I encounter with a new mechanic I have no idea how to solve them. I have no idea if I'm being dumb or if I'm passing the introduction to those mechanics. For example
I encountered a puzzle with two Tetris like pieces and it was the first time I stumbled upon that. It's near a barrage. Am I supposed to know how to solve this or is there a place that teaches me first?

I don't need a guide, just an indication if I'm missing something major or if I should keep trying these puzzles. Help!!

skynidas

Banned
After seeing some of the glowing reviews, I was considering picking this game up for my wife and I.

I was curious if anyone knew how 2-player friendly this game is? I would likely use controller while my wife helps solve puzzles. Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

Nicko

yeah, that's a perfectly fine way to play the game. it's good for that. but both have to pay attention while they are introducing different things so nobody gets lost.

Eklesp

Thanks!

Nicko

Yep my wife helped me with a few puzzles this morning. It helps to have different perspective. Probably will have to explain the puzzle "rules" if she is not there the whole time though.

Thanks!

Nicko

2 Brains are certainly better than one, but only if both of those brains like puzzle solving.

Burbeting

Banned
So uh...
I'm at the green treetops area, where you have to solve lot of puzzles with the star symbols (mostly about keep two stars in one area" type.

However, now I encountered a black star with the usual white/black squares. First time the puzzle solved itself when I put the black star in the same area as white squares, but on the next puzzle same tactic simply didn't work. Now there is just... nothing. I have no idea how to proceed, which is frustrating as I think I'm pretty close to acing this area.

oatmeal

Banned
Through 104 now. Get to one that looks like it makes sense, last three from the transparent ones by the water. Up top inside the gate.

Dominator

I don't recommend clicking this unless you've explored a lot of books and crannies, don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

But I was just clicking about when
I click on the middle of the windmill... WOAH! Don't know what happened, but I moved the line down the orange panels, saw an area where the sparkles started glowing white and I hit X. The game made a loud noise but I have no idea what happened. It says +1 on my save now also. Does that mean I completed a secret puzzle?

You have to turn the camera to the right and use the four rocks formation

That one was easy. It's the puzzle right after that I still cannot figure out. I actually solved it by guessing but I have absolutely NO idea why it's that particular solution. It is driving me NUTS.

Through 104 now. Get to one that looks like it makes sense, last three from the transparent ones by the water. Up top inside the gate.

How on earth do you solve the second to last transparent water puzzle?!?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
found some puzzles that looks like tetris pieces and I'm stumped. I thought you'd just draw the outline of the shape but it doesn't work or I'm doing it wrong.

I have a quick question regarding an early game mechanic.
Am I supped to draw the tetris like shapes?
I've only ran into very hard versions of those so far so not been able to test it well yet. Also regarding the
hexagon in the desert, is that for later? I couldn't really see anything around that indicated what it wanted me to do with it.

I've been kind of zipping around trying my hand at lots of different puzzles rather than spending too long working out one and I've still not found any real 'introduction' to those rule sets.

Cronen

jungle area with the sounds that you must map to the puzzle board. I am stuck on the 7th (last?) one that is throwing a wolf howl at you. Any tips?.

So I just did a puzzle related to the wooden building near the water.

You had to go across the water and face the building and solve a puzzle using the bulding's reflection in the water, I did it and then a bunch of yellow dust flew off somewhere, any idea what that's about?

Top Bottom