• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

JerkShep

It's less that they changed and more that the puzzles up to that point make you jump to that conclusion, and that puzzle is there to break that assumption. But I got stuck there for quite some time too until I took a long pause.

Didn't solve yet, but I'm assuming that
since the next floor is green, you need to find out what colors are each tiles by the blue/red floors, and then see how the colors would be reduced to in the green one.

I did it a few moments after posting, but thanks....admittedly I kind of guessed and it worked lol, I feel bad now.

Garibaldi

OK, down in the sun temple where you
can raise and lower the water. I've got the first two symbols but I can't for the life of me find the right pixel to stand on to get the third one.
Been at this for about an hour now. If I had hair it would be pulled right now.

Nothus

Quick question for anyone who has done the puzzles quite early on near the pink blossom trees.

What is the point of these? Is it just a tutorial?

I solved them all but all it lead to was a small area where someone had cut up and eaten part of an apple, and there was a desk where someone had done some detailed sketches of a heart and connecting veins. But the trail stopped there? Did I miss something?

kAmui-

I don't want to ask help just yet but it's super frustrating to get stuck :/ I'm in an area where I think I have to solve a few puzzles to get out, but I just can't figure them out. Need to take a break I guess. Kinda odd to see people get stuck. I thought Blow said the game was designed to prevent that kind of frustration when you just don't know what to do. That's why it's open world. And then there are areas where they lock you in.

d00d3n

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the puzzles that shut down when you make an error and force you to redo the previous already cleared puzzle? I like the game, but I can't see the point of this "punishment". Just bad design.

Question about that rock puzzle.

I got to the last one and knew that you need to line them up with the rocks, the third one was a bit hard, since the actual rocks are not the one you see, but I dont have a clue how to solve the last one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm thinking we need to
look at those plants with different colored fruit

Maybe (just thinking out loud as I,m stuck there)
the fruit will look different in the different colours lights from each floor, and that can help you understand what colour the dots will be for the next floor? So you can activate the next cable?

Also any tips for the temp,e would be gratefully received. I opened
one set of shutters by doing the bonsai, but now hit a dead end. The trellis outside is confusing me too - do the leaves on the floor tell me something or do I have to open those shutters to give me a clue

Mifune

Mehmber
This game is spooky. I was playing late last night with headphones on and the eerie mix of natural and artificial sounds had me on edge.

And I can't speak for anyone else, but I like the lack of narrative. The puzzles and environment are the narrative and tell me all I need to know.

Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

Nothus

Question about that rock puzzle.

I got to the last one and knew that you need to line them up with the rocks, the third one was a bit hard, since the actual rocks are not the one you see, but I dont have a clue how to solve the last one.

Try approaching the panel...differently.

When you press the Pause button, it's like when you close your eyes!!!

You even see the "light disformation" when you close your eye! Very good

+ I LOVE the audio/log !!! Only found 2 and they was so good and nice!!!

( srry for my bad english )

Menome

I'm still in the
Chapel by the Dam

I've completed the lower row of puzzles there. Now I have the ones on the gantry. I've solved four of them by complete accident.

Am I correct in thinking that
I have to keep one green block and the white icon with all the reds and separate out the other greens?

http://i.imgur.com/XgMqlve.png

cyba89

Is anyone else getting annoyed with the puzzles that shut down when you make an error and force you to redo the previous already cleared puzzle? I like the game, but I can't see the point of this "punishment". Just bad design.

It's so you don't just bruteforce the solution.

kAmui-

When you press the Pause button, it's like when you close your eyes!!!

You even see the "light disformation" when you close your eye! Very good

+ I LOVE the audio/log !!! Only found 2 and they was so good and nice!!!

( srry for my bad english )

Holy crap! I didn't even notice that. That's amazing.

The main goal of everyone should be finding the boat - it has a map and it show where every other tutorial is located. Helps a lot!

I was disappointed to find what I thought would be the boat was actually not.
When I beat the puzzles in the hut after the symmetry ones and the wall folded down I was sure I'd unlocked the boat but after finishing the puzzles I'm the room I found nothing.
I've been skimming areas in hopes of running into it since.

JonnyKong

Right, I'm leaving it for the night. Currently on 81 panels after 3 hours play.

I walked to the desert area, but had NO IDEA what to do, so now I'm in the castle trying to solve those puzzles with the floors that light up when you walk on them. Got stuck on the second one so now I'm leaving it before I get a headache.

Grandi

I'm playing on PC (Win10, HD7970. i7 2600k, 16GB DDR3), and the game hard-crashed my computer four times in three hours. Not even a blue screen. I had to disconnect power so I could boot up my PC again. The latest crash deleted my save too. I had solved around a 100 puzzles already. Fucking hell...

Otherwise loving the game. But I'm pretty pissed off right now.

Certinty

It is sort of a spoiler

Anything you can "draw" on that reacts to you drawing on it is a potential puzzle to solve. In this case, thinking outside the box is a literal recommendation.
Thanks, now I know to look around and experiment more on new things.

kAmui-

Ok, I have to ask. Am I really stuck here? When I solved the puzzle on my right the platform moved so I can't get back that way. Is the only way to get back solve the puzzles that are behind me?

I'd tried that, but I grouped the wrong stuff.

Thanks for setting me back on that path.

I'm assuming you guys mean
using the coloured windows on the ground floor (before the shipping crate) to figure out what colour the blobs would turn under green light, but it's impossible to figure out what colour yellow would be.

I kind of hate this

After seeing some of the glowing reviews, I was considering picking this game up for my wife and I.

I was curious if anyone knew how 2-player friendly this game is? I would likely use controller while my wife helps solve puzzles. Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

Nicko

I played 2-3 hours this morning with my roommate watching. It was a lot of fun. Totally natural. It's great to have someone to talk things through with. And as long as you're both contributing equally in the problem-solving it should be pretty satisfying. That way no one is stealing too many revelatory moments from each other.

Help? on last room of the desert. I think I may have skipped a puzzle.
I managed to solve one side, but then tried to solve the rectangular one with some boards in front, and couldn't do it. Solved the one next to it and apparently I skipped that one? The laser 'opener' is open but the rectangular one with the boards in front is not solved.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I did it a few moments after posting, but thanks....admittedly I kind of guessed and it worked lol, I feel bad now.

How? I tried looking at the colours etc, but if I make a mistake the lift goes all the way back to the ground floor which is bloody annoying.

Ayt

Banned
Here's what he says:

The entire point of music is for it to be complimentary. He says that ALL music, of any kind, whether now in existence or not, would not work because it would be "insulation." I just cannot possible believe that. I'm sure some minimalist, atmospheric music could enhance what is already there.

Studies have shown listening to classical music while performing a puzzle improves spatial reasoning versus sitting in silence, which would go perfectly with these types of puzzles. In that sense, it actually improves human perception, not detracts from it.

Not having music is also a musical choice which is something you appear to be incapable of understanding. In other words, choice of music can have a major impact on the experience of a game. Choosing to not have music can also have a major impact on the experience.

Having played the game a bit, I think music of any kind would be very obtrusive. This is a game where music simply isn't needed.

JonnyKong

Lol this thread is hilarious. Just endless "I'm stuck" posts one after another. I'll be making plenty of my own when I continue playing tomorrow night.

Edit: on another note now that I've just come off the game, I'm feeling quite light headed and woozy. Using my brain has physically pained me.

Top Bottom